Instagram to REMOVE 'likes' in hopes to depressurize youths. Thoughts?

Instagram has officially announced that it will begin the test of hiding “likes” for users in the United States. Beginning next week, some Instagram accounts will see the feature disappear – at least publicly.

“It's about young people," Mosseri said. "The idea is to try to 'depressurize' Instagram, make it less of a competition and give people more space to focus on connecting with people that they love, things that inspire them."

Kim Kardashian approved of the move and argued that it would be a good thing for the public’s mental health.

“As far as mental health… I think taking the likes away and taking that aspect away from [Instagram] would be really beneficial for people,” Kardashian said on Wednesday, according to People.

Nicki Minaj expressed a different opinion on Instagram’s new experiment and even vowed to stop using the social media platform.

“I’m not posting on IG after this week cuz they removing the likes,” she tweeted on Saturday. “Hmmmm what should I get into now? Think of all the time I’ll have with my new life.”

Rather than buying the argument that Instagram’s move to axe the “likes” function is about protecting young people, Minaj suggested it was actually about money.

www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/instagram-removing-likes
Instagram to REMOVE likes in hopes to depressurize youths. Thoughts?
1 d
Boop.
65
34