Would you risk your own free will to get a brain implant that effectively makes you super-human?

TremorJay
This is mainly to spread awareness of an Elon Musk project called Neuralink. He believes integration with AI will be the best defense against an AI threat. The "brain implant" as I'm calling it, is currently marketed towards paraplegics, because it would allow them an opportunity to work and thus, become more independent.

The implant is said to allow you to interface with devices such as your smartphone, by using your brain instead of your voice or thumbs. The implant allows both read and write functions. Think upload and download. We could see a future where telepathy is no longer supernatural, where you can recall information with the accuracy of a machine, or even download life experiences from another human.

One obvious risk is that people will use this for malicious intent. You may be putting the integrity of your thoughts and actions at risk.

Human clinical trials are schedule to begin by year-end 2020. Despite the risks, I would feel foolish to put myself at a disadvantage. I would be likely to make this implant a priority. Would you?

I think it's important that we all are reading up on this. I expect it will change the world on the same scale as the internet if not more in the next 5-10 years
1 mo
Is AI a real threat?
https://youtu.be/A1ahQg7podA
6
16