Do you know VietNam? What do you think about this country?

So, what do you think about VietNam? Have you ever been there?Do you know VietNam? What do you think about this country?

Most Helpful Guy

• Vietnam is very good country and was victim of US for several years, but unfortunately I haven't visited this place which is one of my dream, I saw several movies which shot at Vietnam and perhaps you are also from Vietnam, nice to meet you

• Yes, VietNam was also victim of French, nearly 1 century. You're right, I'm from VietNam, nice to meet you too, hopefully one day you will be in my dear country ๐Ÿค—

• If you will be my host there, I would definitely come to meet you one day

• Thanks a lot for selecting my opinion as best MHO, I answered very simply to your question but you gave me this honor, I appreciate

What Guys Said 21

• I have seen beautiful pictures of Vietnam. I actually plan to go on vacation there one day.

Sadly vacation is not what I generally think about when I think about Vietnam. I think of war with Japan, France, America, Cambodja and China. It was just one after another with such short time of peace in between. So many young people fighting in the 1960's didn't know anything else than war.

At the same time I think that the people are unbreakable. Vietnam has faced much bigger oponents with better weapons but hey never gave up. I admire that. Hopefully there will never be another war.

• There were so many wars along

• There were so many wars in history, especially with China, but VietNam is peaceful now, hopefully you will have a nice vacation in my dear country ๐Ÿ˜Š

• I love Vietnam. I went there two years ago, and liked it so much that I went again the following year.

It is a fairly cheap place for a vacation, even in the tourist areas. $0.25 fresh coconuts and $0.50 beers. How can you argue with that? As long as you avoid the tourist traps, it is a beautiful place to explore.

The only downside is if you are an obvious tourist. If you don't look Asian, or you don't speak the language, the locals will catch on quick and rip you off. The locals seem to prey on tourists to such a degree that it can ruin the experience. Taxi scams (charging $20 for a $2 ride), beggars pretending to be disabled... etc. I got scammed a few times during my first visit, and fared much better during my second visit.

• There's still imperfections, but VietNamese are friendly and complaisant, right?

• They were polite and friendly if they were just people passing by. Like regular people on the street, or people doing civil work (garbageman, custodial work).

If they were merchants or trying to sell you a service (taxi), they often seemed like they were only being polite to take your money. But a tourist kind of expects that in any country.

• It's alliance with ASEAN is very good for it. Your Communist government is allowing Capitalism in to its benefit. I'm "right" leaning but not proud of my country's legacy there. I think Vietnam's future is bright, unlike Myanmar and North Korea.

• So you're from US?

• But Vietnamese today don't abhor American anymore. I think it's still nice even we're not best buds like US and Japanese

• The USA has economic investment in Vietnam. Some of my clothing was made there. There is no hostility here against Vietnam except from some Vietnam Vets just as was true with WW2 vets and Japan.

• I know about its History, about Vieminh, Hyun Phu So, Phan Boi Chau, about dominance of French and later entry of US in the war and Ho Chi Minh Trail. The determination of Vietnamese was so strong that even the World's Superpower couldn't break it. That's all I know about it. Basically, it was a whole chapter in my course which was optional and I preferred it over France's history cause it seemed more fascinating to me๐Ÿ˜Š
    Best of luck!

• I plan on visiting that area one day.

• I love pho and Vietnamese food.

• Oh, I forgot! Ear cleaning. Ear cleaning services in Vietnam are the best in the world. I wish that was legal in the USA.

• Also, ear wax is different between Asians and non-Asians. Asian ear wax is dry and flaky and easy to remove. Ear wax of Europeans and Africans like much of America have a gooey sticky earwax which is harder to remove if there is a large amount of it.
      www.livestrong.com/.../

• Haha what a funny diffrence between 2 cultures

• never been there but looks beautiful

• Good soldiers

• I like it..

• When I think about Vietnam I think about the Vietnam War

• It looks beautiful, but I've never been there.

• There are a lot of Vietnamese people there

• Been there, and to that place (Halong Bay).

• haven't been there but would love to visit someday... #wateranimalforlife

• The only thing I know about Vietnam is its two major wars in the last century.

• Beautiful Asian country

• i haven't been there, one friend of mine did, she said the food is very cheap

• It looks wonderful from pictures, but I have never been.

• Robin Williams is good in that.

• It was colored orange by the US Army.

• I had sex with a Vietnamese cross dresser yesterday.

What Girls Said 1

• a lot of Asians