I recently grabbed this from another social media site. What do you make of this?

I recently grabbed this from another social media site.  What do you make of this?

• It's stupid!
    Vote A
  • I love it!
    Vote B
  • The planners & engineers have their reasons. What could it be?
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• The reason for doing it like that is so the road doesn’t have a massive incline/decline right there. It has to be high enough on the left side so trains can pass under it, but low enough to meet the ground level on the right side. If it was just a straight shot there would be a massive ramp right there in the middle of the road rather than a steady one around the loop.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes they do those things because they're trying not to block habitat, and they're utilizing as much existing road as possible.

That also looks like a freeway offramp, and you need more space to decelerate. Imagine the accidents with just a short offramp.

There's also an element of city and traffic planning involved in those decisions. A shorter road wouldn't be helpful in southern California, for example.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• There is insufficient space and distance, as one lane, for the bridge to raise high enough at a safe enough angle clear the rail road tracks, or whatever they are. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Actually, I'm not sure either, it may just be a stupid design.

0|0
    0|0
  • That appears to go over a railway line so there was probably a clause that the road would have to stay a certain hight while over the railway property for future expansion and maintenance vehicles, that then made the road to high to meet the other road before the junction so the loop was needed

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes auch constructions actually are necessary, I'm not sure why it would be so in this case, but I don't know the local law or specific reason as to why.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's to slow down people coming off the Highway so they are going a regular speed when they hit the city roads.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's probably to designed that way to force people to slow down for the bends and not just come off the highway at full speed

1|0
    0|0
  • because of HEIGHT ! they need to SLOWLY bring the cars to the same level as the other road... idiots

0|1
    1|0
    • Must you call others "idiots" when this is all in the spirit of fun?

• The only reason this was built this way is some fool APPROVED the business plan in the local government. Our tax dollars being spent foolishly.

1|0
    0|0
  • It has to do with the elevation gain, incline grade in order to clear the tracks.

2|0
    0|0
  • Without knowing more about that area, it's impossible to say

0|0
    0|0
  • Life is a journey. We do not travel the simplest ways but complicate matters at every turn.

0|0
    0|0
  • Might be to avoid accidental prone zone.
    Because i could see some idiot driving down the bridge straight into the other vehicle at 90 degree BANG!

0|0
    0|0
  • Because photo shop can fool most people. And memes are a bit of a laugh.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love it b/c its stupid and looks like it has no reason

0|0
    0|0
  • I came extremely aclose to peeing myself when I saw this XD

0|0
    0|0
  • Let us pretend were NASCAR!!! And another left turn!!!

0|0
    0|0
    • They're making s left turn. Oh, they're making another left turn. Cut to comercial. Come back in two hours. You won't miss a fucking thing 😂

• At least someone is onboard with me lol

• References, amirite?

• To keep within regulations

0|0
    0|0
  • There is an actual reason as to why they do that

0|0
    0|0
  • For fun

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5