What should I do if I was in a car accident with no insurance?

I was in an accident April the 13th, in a parking lot outside of my work. I had no insurance during the car accident and the other party’s insurance is charging me 20,000$ in damages when the door was only dented? The police officer asked me if I had insurance and noted on the report that I was the one at fault when we didn’t even discuss the accident. What should I do now?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If the circumstances of who is at fault is clear, there likely will not be any discussion. Save that for the courtroom.

Driving with no insurance was a bad judgement call, and now it is going to cost you a ton of money. You will personally get sued.

Hire a good lawyer. He will consult you with the best options. If you are proven guilty in court, he might be able to fight to get the price down. But if they suddenly develop medical issues.. you are fucked. You can't run from court judgements.. they will garnish you wages out of your paychecks until the debt is paid..

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Having insurance is super important.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Skip town

0|0
    0|0
  • There places where that would earn you a prison sentence of 3 to 5 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Welcome to adult life. Feel free to make mistakes. Bear the consequences.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get sued out your ass and learn the valuable lesson that you always should have car insurance

0|0
    0|0
  • Knowing what you now know what you had done different?

0|0
    0|0
  • Call an ambulance

0|0
    0|0
  • Call police 😘

0|0
    0|0
  • Get a lawyer

0|0
    0|0
  • Ill pay!

0|0
    0|0
  • why were you driving without insurance anyway.. STUPID

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes