What should I do if I was in a car accident with no insurance?

I was in an accident April the 13th, in a parking lot outside of my work. I had no insurance during the car accident and the other party’s insurance is charging me 20,000$ in damages when the door was only dented? The police officer asked me if I had insurance and noted on the report that I was the one at fault when we didn’t even discuss the accident. What should I do now?

111

Most Helpful Guy

• If the circumstances of who is at fault is clear, there likely will not be any discussion. Save that for the courtroom.

Driving with no insurance was a bad judgement call, and now it is going to cost you a ton of money. You will personally get sued.

Hire a good lawyer. He will consult you with the best options. If you are proven guilty in court, he might be able to fight to get the price down. But if they suddenly develop medical issues.. you are fucked. You can't run from court judgements.. they will garnish you wages out of your paychecks until the debt is paid..

Most Helpful Girl

• Having insurance is super important.