Have you ever lived in a place you think you'll never go back to?

Have you ever lived in a place you think you'll never go back to?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No, I've lived in a place other than where I live now, but I WOULD go back
    Vote B
  • No, I've only ever lived where I live now
    Vote C
  • I'm not sure
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Long story but I knew I would never return to my first house or that area. I knew I had worked very hard and saved very hard to improve and would make sure I never needed to make do with such an area again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only metaphorically...

When I was young, I lived with someone and knew I never wanted to marry him. But because I was young and my boyfriend and his friends were older, they were all at the age when you marry. And since all our friends were doing it but my boyfriend was not, I wanted my boyfriend to propose even though I knew I did not want to be married to him.

And that scared me. I realized I could not trust myself and I never want to go back to that again - to the place of wanting something because I thought I should want something even though I know it would not be good for me if I got it. So metaphorically - I never want to go there again.

But if you mean literally - I would be happy to live again in any of the same places I have had lived before.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• yes. i lived in montgomery county maryland right outside of DC. there were a few perks, but it was overly congested, crazy expensive and there was a distinct lack of community due to a rather transient population

0|1
    0|0
    • A good friend of mine lives in Potomac, and he can't wait to get out, either, and for very similar reasons to you.

• there is great food due to all the different cultures. night life can be fun. but other places have those perks without the drawbacks... and potomac is even more expensive than rockville where i lived

• I wouldn't go back to my hometown... unfortunately my family still live there so I don't have much choice

0|1
    0|0
    • Is it in South Ireland?

• Show All
    • @AlleenotAlly Both of them, and England.

• Ok. Which religion was minority? Catholic or protestant in Ireland. And who was attacked for their believe?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• Yes. Physically there was one place that I felt so uncomfortable I only left the house when I had to.

But the first thing that came to me when reading your question was a place of grim darkness that I was stuck in for a few years, before I learned to deal with my depression. That is the one place I have lived that I would NEVER EVER EVER choose to go back to.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I’m surprised at the amount of people who said yes hahaha

0|1
    0|0
  • The town I partly grew up in. I hate it with a passion. But my family still lives there so I visit it frequently enough.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, this complex in a city I used to live in. Very sketchy people there.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I've lived in a place other than where I live now, but I WOULD go back

1|2
    0|0
  • Italy and I wish I could never go back but my dad is there

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah, where I live now. I'll never come back the second I move.

0|1
    0|0
  • Meshi... Egypt. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • Corpus Christi, TX

0|1
    0|0
  • yes USA

0|2
    0|0
  • yes, several especially kawasaki

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really. I’ve wanted to go back instead

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I've only ever lived where I live now.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 27

• Ventura
    Gilbert, AZ

And the place I currently live. If I move, I will never live here again

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was out helping take care of an ailing elderly relative for my uncle while he was liquidating his business, he left me there for days on end while partying with his girlfriend & when he was around would berate me for how I fold towels. They also both smoked inside the house which made it harsh breathing in there. The last straw was when he blocked my car in so I couldn't leave, & I'll never be back at that house again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well technically my grandparent's old place counts because I used to visit them there and occasionally stay for one or more nights but now my cousin lives there and my grandparents have a different place so I have no reason to go there.

0|1
    0|0
  • Johannesburg... I already didn't want to go back but with the recent escalating tensions towards whites, I'm quite sure I'm not going back.

0|1
    0|0
  • Overseas when I served in Iraq. Not a place I wish to ever go back to.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I'm living there rn. When I leave I'm never going back

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't move back to America or Russia. I'm perfectly happy at the moment in Malta.

0|2
    0|0
    • I don’t blame you, Valletta is stunning

• Show All
    • Nice, once you’ve bagged yourself a Maltese wife you’ll be laughing, the women are so naturally stunning

• @wilco999 I agree with that, but don't think I'll get married.

• i would go back , i lived in KSA for two years, Kurdistan for one
    And i had much fun

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to live in the northern part of North Dakota. In my opinion there is never a good reason for anyone to go to North Dakota

0|1
    0|0
  • Never going back to Iraq, San Diego, CA or Groton, CT

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah where I live now. When I move I am never coming back.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. There are several places that I would never want to live at again.

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to live in Mexico , but now I live in Switzerland. Never going back there.

0|1
    0|0
  • Every place I've previously lived is a place I never plan to go back to.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've lived in plenty of different states across the US. Most I probably won't ever go back to.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think I'm ever going to move back to Johannesburg.

0|1
    0|0
  • We had to move occasionally... and i loved it... so yeah i don't want to go back

0|1
    0|0
  • I live in a place now that I wish I never had to be in again!!! LOL grrr

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I probably won't go back to live in Alberta, too many white people. Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't go back to Cali, Cali, Cali...

0|1
    0|0
    • Not until they change their RIDICULOUS gun laws. Oh, and until I've paid up my back taxes. There's gotta be a warrant out by now. 😏😁♠️👍

• More from Guys

Recommended myTakes