Why can't some people stop drinking when they have to drive home?

Is it because they haven't gotten into an accident yet?
Is it because they haven't gotten a hefty fine yet?
What's a short drive to you? In km or minutes drive?

211

Most Helpful Guys

• Everybody thinks they're the exception to the rule, "oh, only *some* people can't handle this or that, *I'm* one of the ones who can't fuck up", nearly every single one I suspect...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And even after getting into an accident, a lot of people will still keep it going after that, "oh, ya, that one time", or "just because I blew it doing that one stupid thing, that doesn't mean I can't succeed at this other stupid thing". And even if they get tickets or other punishment without an actual accident, then they just decide that it would have been fine, that the only problem was that there was a law against it.

• And people get away with shit adnauseum even if they don't

• I mean, it depends on the jurisdiction and the individual, but it's sickening sometimes

• It's usually because they believe that they are fit enough to drive, regardless of what the law says. They believe that they are different, that their alcohol tolerance is better, that they know when they are capable of driving. The problem with alcohol impairment is that you often don't notice it when it's not pronounced. You don't realise that your reactions are impaired. You feel fine but you're not fine.

Then there are those who know full well that they are drunk but just don't care, they think it will be 'fine', it's just a short drive, etc.

In both of the above cases people get killed. Not every time, not even most of the time but more than enough times.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Don't they care about the other passengers who are scared of their behaviour?

• So.. they can't be helped until someone gets killed?

• Sadly that is the case at times, yes. They don't listen to anybody. The same is true of all the people driving without insurance or a license. They just don't care.

Most Helpful Girls

• They either take chances or tell themselves it can never happen to them.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE