• Would you want to visit Oman?Yes
    Vote A
  • Would you want to visit Oman?No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Literally to anyone who’s scared of terrorism, Oman is the most peaceful middle eastern country lmao.

0|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• definitely. it's a bit of a oasis in the arab world with lots of tolerance, and more progressive views

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

this question was a great exercise in revealing prejudice. probably not necessarily your intention

• Show All
    • 3d

* never, not ever

• 6h

thanks for MHO

• Funny you posted this question.

I solidified my new years plans and will be in Ras Al Khaimah (UAE) to see their world record attempt on the biggest fireworks display on New Year's Eve. After that I'll be driving across the mountains into Oman and spending a fee days in Muscat. Then I'm doing a dhow cruise into the Strait of Hormuz for diving / snorkelling. They said we can see the Iranian coastline on that cruise and it sounds cool.

I'm excited to see Oman and the mountains and of course Muscat. I will be in UAE / Oman for total of 10 days.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• No, because I don’t want to marry a man with his other three wives and his camel company

0|1
    0|0
  • Never thought about it but I'm not keen on visiting Middle Eastern or North African countries due to political instability and safety for women travellers.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

lol its safe as long as u go with tourist guide i had a Colombian friend we were eith each other for 2 days

• 4d

So you're saying it's not actually safe?

• 4d

oman is safe. politically VERY stable and safe for all travelers who respect its laws

• No I won't because I don't want to go to Arab countries.

0|3
    0|1
  • No Middle East Countries lot seems to have problems with women and members of the LGBT Community.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Middle East = Disrepect against women

1|1
    0|0
    • 4d

Not there as a tourist, I can tell you that much.

• Show All
    • 4d

Did I have to cover my hair? ... only in religious buildings but not in public
      Did I must be aware of what I wear? ... no. at least not in the sense that you will be penalized
      Do I get stares? ... as much as tourist get stares anywhere they travel
      Will I get service from people? ... yes
      Can I drive a car or a bike? ... of course you can ride a bike. you can drive a car so long as you have a valid driver's license like most any country in the world
      Is travel alone safe? ... it's as safe as any country is for solo traveling. yes a woman can travel there alone
      Can I go everywhere I want? ... as much as any tourist yes you can go where you want. only places off limits or at least requiring permission would be private buildings and residences

• 3d

I agree with LuWe.

• No...

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• After seeing Anthony Bourdain's episode on it YES. Even my mom says she would visit and she's scared to death of Muslims.

But the show said Oman Muslims are extremely tollarant and the country is safe.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

The country is beautiful and the people are friendly.

• Show All
    • 4d

There are dunes and plenty of sand as well (as in the second pic above).

No idea if the local women are hot- you either don't see them or they're all bundled up. Better stick to Poland if that's what you're interested in.

• 4d

Sand dunes are nice, but the rest of the habitat is barren rock, nothing exciting.
      The wadis are nice though and there's a beautiful color of the water.

I'm not, I was just curious. I wouldn't go to Oman for women

• Yes, we've had a direct air route to Muscat since last year. It's about the only Arab country I'd like to visit at the moment, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think I would be particularly inclined towards visiting the middle east in general and if I were to go the areas I would be most interested in the sites of old Babylon Akkadia and Sumeria are really not safe areas now

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes of course, I bet it's a very interesting place.

0|1
    0|0
  • Any vaguely middle eastern sounding place does not strike me as a potential travel destination because I have a loud mouth and I believe I wouldn’t last long where blasphemy laws are still a thing.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

Lmao you’ll be fine. I have a louder mouth than you most likely and I was fine.

• Arab nations I would visit
    1. UAE
    2. Oman but do make the effort to find what is acceptable in their culture and legally.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmm, I'm always weary of the Middle East for quite a few regions have never quite been politically stable since ancient times.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, we've had a direct air route to Muscat since last year. It's about the only Arab country I'd like to visit at the moment, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • No'man to Oman

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

That's a shame- it's a really great tourist destination.

• 3d

Yeah i left the United States once. Wasn't that great of an experience. Kind of re-affirmed that i live in the greatest country on earth. Why would i want to go elsewhere. i've only been to 11 of the 50 states so i still got a lot of traveling to do here yet still. :)

• 3d

It's certainly true that there is a lot to see in the US, but you're also missing out on a lot if you never leave the US.

• Yes, sure.

0|1
    0|0
  • not the kind of camel toes i am looking for

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like Arab nations

0|1
    0|0
  • Could do dont know yet

0|1
    0|0
  • Where are the trees

0|0
    0|0
  • If i got a free holiday there i would. But there are about 20 other places i would prefer to go to first.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes