Why do most of youall choose to have Christmas in the middle of winter 😂😂?

No beaching, bbqing or bikining 🤷‍♀️ hardly festive!

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• I think like 50 years ago it was federally scheduled for the height of winter in an attempt to reduce suicide rates. Winter is a depressing time, due to reduced sunlight, and December 25th is the shortest day of the year in the U. S. So, the government decided to employ a huge distraction in an attempt to slow down the corpse rate. Don't know if it worked, but it certainly caught on.

1|1
    0|0
  • Got to agree. What could be more festive that a picture of a Christmas tree with you standing next to it in a bikini?

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause nothing is better than a warm cozy cabin beside a skin mountain. Hot chocolate, fireplace, maybe some wine later. Bits of food. Skiing! Warm outdoor winter spa

Girl. You are missing out. Trust that!

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't... in the summer time, when the weather is fine

1|0
    0|0
  • Roman religion. Early Christians set Christmas to coincide with the Roman celebration of the Winter solstice so they could celebrate it under the Romans' noses.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you live in 4 season weather country Christmas happen on winter, how do you want to avoid that? We not God and able to changes the weather or Christmas date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because in USA, we do all that for our Independence Day on July 4. It's a National Holiday.
    Also because, in the Northern Hemishpere, December 25 is in early winter. In the Southern Hemisphere, it's early summer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pagan tradition. Besides, Christ wasn't born in December anyway, so the whole thing is screwy, but that's religions for ya !

0|0
    0|0
  • It's supposed to be in winter but your country is upside down 🤷‍♂️

0|0
    0|0
  • it is something most people have been told about. they don't really know why they do it, they just do. IS what they have been taught since they were kids!

0|0
    0|0
  • Because most people live in the Northern Hemisphere, and December 25 comes in the winter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you were where I'm from you could of used the word y'all in your question. It has to do when Jesus was born.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Jesus was born in what is now April.

Christmas was set to replace a winter pagan festival, as it would be easier for pagans to accept Christianity if they could keep their festivals; they just had to change the name.

• 5d

But it’s the middle of summer !!

• Cuz thats when my country picked it an as for dressing in shorts when it's as cold as 30s an 20s where I live no way

0|0
    0|0
  • It is crazy to cold have been where you are forever

0|0
    0|0
  • we're not all in Australia or New Zealand

1|1
    0|0
  • Go to the southern hemisphere.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know just cause i guess lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Cold and snow are part of Christmas.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where I live we can usually surf on Christmas Day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lots of eggnog and ugly sweaters

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Ever been on a sleigh ride? Those are cool

• 5d

Plus when you live in a warm climate you can enjoy the snow if your on vacation for those 2 weeks surrounding Christmas

• I dont.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's cool lol

0|0
    0|0
  • We should definitely relocate it

0|0
    0|0
  • in Australia its summer

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause Jesus?

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

We still have Christmas in the summer.. we have Jesus here too🤷‍♀️

• Show All
    • 5d

That’s right, and it’s also the middle of summer :)

• 5d

You must be from Australia

What Girls Said 5

• None of us have chosen when Christmas is held. That happen way before any of our time. There's hardly any beaching, barbecues or bikinis in any season here in Finland.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well, it's not really a choice. It's ancient tradition that is well woven into the fabric of life.

In the Southern hemisphere, it is the middle of summer right now.

Australians celebrate with summertime activities.

Do I think it is Christ's actual date of birth? No.

0|0
    0|0
  • Food , Good music and love from friends and happiness and thats all we need to feel festive.. well me at least.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't choose it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Irdk

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes