Is there a country you want to visit that everyone advises you not to go to?

My friend wants to go to Syria for some reason but she’s definitely not going because of terrorism.

Fun fact: I saw a video of some American journalists who went to Somalia. Nothing happened to them but everyone there walks around with an AK-47 as protection and is almost illegal to walk down the street alone. It’s crazy! The only way to get to Somalia is to have a Somali citizen vouch for you, in these guys’ case, they had a Somali-American journalist friend help them get in.

Are there any dangerous countries you want to visit? Would you go if the country figured out its political issues?

415

Most Helpful Guys

• Oh yeah, plenty of them. I won't go when there's a negative travel advisory, though, and I won't go if I feel it's risky, either.

There was a lot to see in Syria, but it's unclear how much remains. It was an up and coming destination until 2011.

• I don’t know if you’d count Russia as a dangerous country. That’s one place I would definitely check out given the opportunity

• No I don’t think it’s dangerous but they jack up the prices for tourists though.

Most Helpful Girl

• south africa... everybody says its beautiful but dangerous.

• Yeah they have a problem with genocide. The blacks killing the whites. My roommate is from South Africa and she said it’s a real big problem. You can’t go outside alone.

• i believe u.. its getting worse and worse