Is it selfish to want to leave everything behind and go travelling?

So, I had a life changing event happen in 2016 (nearly died!) so i decided to take up sailing recently. Is it selfish to leave everything behind and go sailing around the world? I hate feeling like I'm disregarding my family and friends but i really want to experience the world out there! What do you think?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. Sometimes you have to put yourself first and do what you think is best for you at that moment and that's okay. If you are financially capable and have an opportunity to get out in the world and experience things outside of your comfort zone, you should definitely do it! I'm sure your family and friends would understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're young. Unless you have a dying family member you are responsible for, go out and live your life in ways you are fulfilled. Don't someday regret the thing that you didn't do. The world is your oyster my friend.