Do you take politics into consideration when choosing a place to live?

• YES
  • NO

1341

Most Helpful Girls

• Not really I just happen to live in a predominantly multicultural area full of people from all walks of life. Older generation are very Conservatives whilst the young people are with the complete opposite. I'm happy either way, I don't think living next door a liberal would affect me too much. But let just say I'm not moving to London or Brighton anytime soon for the reason it's full of pretentious liberal nut jobs

• Any idea why that is? Why younger people tend to be more Liberal?
      I'm a Republican living in California. As long as they don't deliberately provoke me with their viewpoints, I can get along with them fine. Yeah, London is finished.

The same, I'm not moving to San Francisco, Eureka or Davis anytime soon.

• I support gays very strongly and I'm civil with Muslims I even have some Muslim friends but I don't agree with the religion. I wouldn't say I was ethier liberal or Conservative. I don't like either party but I'm definitely more right leaning.

• I'm more into classical liberalism

• You should. You'd prob feel bad about living in a place that votes to shuffle tax money into programs you don't completely support and everyone around you pushes an agenda opposite of what your party supports. You'd also be constantly exposed to these people and will have to suffer through that.

• I'm a Republican living in California

• I'd hate to live in California no matter which end of the political spectrum I'm at. Y'all always on fire and shit. It's tiring.

Most Helpful Guys

• Perhaps. I'm willing to speak up. However, some people are ignorant and even get irrational. So, I have to be careful where I choose to live or what I say to that certain extent. It's primarily because people get irrational/unreasonable why I would be careful where I live or what I say.

• I'm Norwegian and quite happy with my country. If I had to flee from my country if someone waged war at it, then I would try to go to either Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Germany or France because their politics seems relatively reasonable. The jobs there also has relatively decent wages compared to many other countries in the world. I wouldn't go to the US where poor, the middle-class and worker's rights aren't respected. The class gap is way too huge. I wouldn't move to a country having shariah laws either since I don't support gender inequality, segregation of religious and ethnic minorities, the anti-democratic views etc.

To me strong institutions, the balance between socialism and capitalism etc. are important.