If I spoke broken French, can the native understand me?

Would they be triggered if I wrongly pronounced words, and it turned out to be a bad word?

411

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd think they would appreciate the effort.

• Yes sure... french is like sanskrit... every small thing matters and may make thing wrong...

Most Helpful Girls

• Learning any new language that you're not commonly speaking is challenging, and as long as you make a good effort to connect to those who speak the language, they will mostly appreciate the initiative and effort.

I remember when I went to Paris and spoke the French I knew, I was laughed at by a local. as she told me that I was saying was not French but Quebecois (Canadian French) 😛 She appreciated my efforts though.

• Nope, unless we want to be dicks, we actually understand foreigners well. If you pronounce 1 word wrong, the context allows us to understand you lol