Any advice? help?

Okay! So I’m in a long distance relationship with this amazing guy, we’ve been together for 5 months now and I’m going to start planning a trip for when I turn 19 (in a year)
Now I have a hard time saving money because I get super side tracked and just “buy buy buy” does anyone have any advice for saving money when you have a hard time with it?
Also if there’s any other advice for saving up to travel let me know? Please!! Thank you :))

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Get a piggy bank that has to be broken in order to get the money out.
    Any advice? help?
    But your smartest move, would be to just find a local guy.

1|0
    0|0
    • 2d

The local guys are abusive pricks :))

Also I’m in love with this guy.
      I fell in love with him before I knew what he looked like. I fell in love with the person he is and not what he looks like I’m happy so breaking up because of distance isn’t that much of a good idea

• Show All
    • 2d

Oy vey. Well, too late to turn back now. You're head over heels in love. Do the best you can, and I hope one of you can move to the other's location, at some point. Chatting is nice, but so is cuddling.
      Any advice? help?

• 2d

He’s worth the wait:) thank you

• "Now I have a hard time saving money because I get super side tracked and just “buy buy buy” . That's what is known as an excuse because you're too unwilling to keep your eye on the prize.
    1) You first to do COMMIT to your goal 2) You need to say "no" to anything that inhibits you reaching your goal
    There are gimmicks that you can use, but it has to be your strength of will that changes your habits. One thing you can do is give your money to a trusted friend, or a parent, to hold onto whenever you feel like spending it. Let them accumulate it for you. Also, commit a certain amount of money to this fund every week. Go do extra work, maybe baby sitting or whatever you want, to earn more money. But the most essential thing is... STOP MAKING EXCUSES. By the way, where are you traveling TO, and from where?

1|0
    0|0
    • 2d

As someone that has borderline personality disorder, it’s hard for me to keep my mind focused on one thing.
      I’m traveling from New Brunswick, Canada to Idaho, USA.

• Show All
    • 2d

He said he would pay my way back:)

• 1d

Splitting the ticket is acceptable, for now.

What Girls Said 3

• You need for Now Somehow, To keep the Convo Going and Flowing and the Lines of Communication open until This Trip.
    Get a Job, Anything, If it Works your way Someday. I went to Egypt to Meet up with a potential Muslim man who was Later a Husband.
    I ended up Supervising a Johnson and Johnson Plant for Awhile. xxoo

1|1
    0|0
    • 2d

Long Distance is the Hardest Relationship to Have and to Uphold. xx

• 2d

We talk every day, video calling when we can and making sure the other is always okay with what’s going on. We both play games so we play games together almost each night. I applied to a local store and I’m going to be handing out some other resumes so I can get a job soon, we both want to meet and I made sure of this.
      Honestly what you said is inspiring, were you nervous to meet him for the first time?

• Curb your compulsions. Wager with yourself as to wheather or not you really need it, or is it something out of impulse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try not to have cash. Keep it in your card. You can even go to the bank and limit the amount of money that you can spend.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes