Do you guys think traveling is overrated?

Hearing almost everybody have the same goals in life which is to travel the world, has it made it become less interesting to do?

817

Most Helpful Guys

• Traveling can mean many different things. One can travel to Disney World and enjoy that. Something they cannot do all the time, so special. Or maybe visit relatives across the country or across the border. A chance to see how others are living their lives.
    But also the opportunity to see and touch things that you have learned of and that intrigue you. The spectacles of nature, and the accomplishments of mankind.
    I climbed to the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa long ago. Great memories. Today people can no longer do that. And I climbed on one of the Great Pyramids. Both fascinating achievements of men.
    But I have also been in the Blue Grotto under the Isle of Capri. Beautiful!
    Visiting the underground bazaars of Tunis was quite an experience! And also the Catacombs of Rome. There is a sense of awe in all of these places that cannot be achieved just by reading about it or seeing pictures.
    By far, most of my life has been at home, raising a family. But the times I was able to "see the world" were wonderful experiences. Not overrated at all!

• Travelling is such an open term though. By saying that "travelling is overrated" you're essentially limiting yourself to a small bubble.
    Everyone wants to travel because there are so many insane, magnificent, awesome places in the world you can visit.
    I don't think it's overrated at all. In fact I think the experience is underrated.

• 7 d ago

I disagree actually I mean I have travelled personally but if you have been no further than the suburban or downtown area of your city/state who am I to say you haven’t lived and you are stopping yourself from seeing the world? Their life could be more interesting and more passionate than those of us who have travelled. It’s more ways in life to change what you’re use to and traveling isn’t the only way. Okay you’ve to France, Fiji, Bahamas etc that’s great you seen beautiful beaches and islands and was around different cultures and languages etc but once you come back to the states only thing different about you is that you now know something different that’s it and that’s all you can learn something different by just walking down the street in your local area heading to the train station on your way to work lol nothing special. Do I personally want to travel to those places? Of course but only because I’ve been saying since I was child that I always wanted to be able to see half of the world before I’m old and grey lol not because i feel like you’re limiting yourself and are boring if you choose not to travel.

• 7 d ago

Sure, but not once did I say that you couldn't live an interesting life without travelling or that it was necessary to change what you're used to.

Most Helpful Girl

• No everyone has the goal of travelling around the world. Some people are happy where they are. Or they might just be interested in travelling to another city or country within the continent they live in.
    I don't think it's overrated at all. There's so much to see!