Do you guys think traveling is overrated?

Hearing almost everybody have the same goals in life which is to travel the world, has it made it become less interesting to do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Traveling can mean many different things. One can travel to Disney World and enjoy that. Something they cannot do all the time, so special. Or maybe visit relatives across the country or across the border. A chance to see how others are living their lives.
    But also the opportunity to see and touch things that you have learned of and that intrigue you. The spectacles of nature, and the accomplishments of mankind.
    I climbed to the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa long ago. Great memories. Today people can no longer do that. And I climbed on one of the Great Pyramids. Both fascinating achievements of men.
    But I have also been in the Blue Grotto under the Isle of Capri. Beautiful!
    Visiting the underground bazaars of Tunis was quite an experience! And also the Catacombs of Rome. There is a sense of awe in all of these places that cannot be achieved just by reading about it or seeing pictures.
    By far, most of my life has been at home, raising a family. But the times I was able to "see the world" were wonderful experiences. Not overrated at all!

0|0
    0|0
  • Travelling is such an open term though. By saying that "travelling is overrated" you're essentially limiting yourself to a small bubble.
    Everyone wants to travel because there are so many insane, magnificent, awesome places in the world you can visit.
    I don't think it's overrated at all. In fact I think the experience is underrated.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

I disagree actually I mean I have travelled personally but if you have been no further than the suburban or downtown area of your city/state who am I to say you haven’t lived and you are stopping yourself from seeing the world? Their life could be more interesting and more passionate than those of us who have travelled. It’s more ways in life to change what you’re use to and traveling isn’t the only way. Okay you’ve to France, Fiji, Bahamas etc that’s great you seen beautiful beaches and islands and was around different cultures and languages etc but once you come back to the states only thing different about you is that you now know something different that’s it and that’s all you can learn something different by just walking down the street in your local area heading to the train station on your way to work lol nothing special. Do I personally want to travel to those places? Of course but only because I’ve been saying since I was child that I always wanted to be able to see half of the world before I’m old and grey lol not because i feel like you’re limiting yourself and are boring if you choose not to travel.

• 7 d ago

Sure, but not once did I say that you couldn't live an interesting life without travelling or that it was necessary to change what you're used to.

Most Helpful Girl

• No everyone has the goal of travelling around the world. Some people are happy where they are. Or they might just be interested in travelling to another city or country within the continent they live in.
    I don't think it's overrated at all. There's so much to see!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't agree with that a bit

0|1
    0|0
  • Travel well and often. I think traveling for a year abroad is worth more then a degree especially if the degree is in history.

Do it! You won't regret it!

1|4
    0|0
  • I think it is. I am fine traveling to the same 3 places for the rest of my life. NY (Where I was born and raised), Italy (Where my extended family lives), Mexico (The motherland). Yeah if I get a great deal and have the time to see something else I will take it.

But its not my goal in life. I think creating and nurturing a garden is a lot more fulfilling.

Also people just like travelling cause they love showing off on social media

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not overrated. The world is vast and the odds of you seeing everything in one life time is very low. So I think it's imperative to travel and learn about different prefectures, geography, languages and culture. 💙😇

0|0
    0|0
  • If there is a wonderful lady and we can both experience it together, that is something.

My experiences traveling abroad alone, while interesting and at times fun, often let me with the Stranger In A Strange Land feeling.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes finally somebody who agrees with me. I have traveled around much of the world myself, I am sick of the airports, the security lines, the red tape, the culture shock. There is nothing pleasant about a foreign culture that you can't learn online anyway. What you encounter when you actually get there is mostly the unpleasant parts.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

I have seen Chichen Itza, and when I did it was so hot all I could think about was cooling off, and the fact that if I fell down the pyramid my skull would surely break. I have wondered through Indian streets full of poverty, where personal space seems like something out of a fairy tale. I have seen the Mona Lisa, it doesn't really look different from the millions of copies made of it. I have now lived for more than a year in China and I am weary of the dangers of street crossing and the xenophobic attitudes here. When I go home I shall shall travel no more.

• It's definitely not overrated but is has become less 'impressive' for sure. You've been to Australia and Japan? Cool, I've lived there. You've hiked Machu Picchu and the Great Wall of China? Cool, so have plenty of my friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is not overrated if your motives are right.
    Travelling to enhance your knowledge, culture, to expand your horizons is one thing.
    Travelling to post photos on social media is a different thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh man, I hear the opposite. Everyone is getting married and popping kids like there's nothing else to do in life.
    Traveling? I estimate one in 10 do that.
    I enjoy traveling.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I think it is underrated. I spent a lot of the last 10 years travelling and it has ruined me because nothing else can compare.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, it isn't overrated. I don't know where I would be if did not have the opportunity to travel.

0|0
    0|0
  • Travelling is love <3 I’ve been to 7 countries so far. I hope i can travel more. One thing that I struggle with is meeting people. I like being by myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a big waste of money. Id rather build something and be established. Some travel is good but its not that important or fulfilling in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't. I still want to see interesting places and take a look at different cultures. And traveling in itself is pleasurable for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • it is not overrated , it is the most fun thng ever to do
    i wany to travel outside the earth , if possible ;p

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but it must be done once a year otherwise it will get super boring and dull.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I love to travel and see new places, make memorys and experience something new.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes and no traveling does give you a chance to see other places but its also extremely exhausting to be on the road all the time especially waking up at 12am or 2am in some random city or some random hotel not remembering where the fuck you are or how you got there till your recognition/recollection kicks in and your brain starts working fully again. it fucking sucks sometimes and then not knowing the type of people you will encounter in which cities you're traveling to. and the amount of long hours on the road itself going from city to city state to state. god i rather not think about all that again

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea.😂😂😂
    I can't even travel more than 2 weeks.

Those people must be really desparate.

0|0
    0|0
  • When everyone went travelling I went snowboarding.
    I'd rather be tearing it up then looking at stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t agree, there is so much to enjoy when you travel. It’s physically exhausting but you definitely learn more about the places you visit and it’s people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Exactly, it was made classic as if there was no other passion. And for me, it is not interesting anymore as before.

0|0
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

Yea like you can have a passion for writing, art, fixing things, counseling people, giving advice, saving lives or attempting to save a life, being enthusiastic and positive etc it’s so many things that can be a passion and make you a interesting person but everyone wants to follow the leader and go along with the “Traveling makes you seem cool and more interesting.” Theory lol rather than just doing it because you really genuinely have a passion/drive for it not because you think someone will call you lame or boring if you choose not to. Which you aren’t because as I said before, many things/passions bring some kind of excitement to your life not just traveling.

• 8 d ago

Yes yes yes. I think all of those things is because of social media. Like you said "everyone follow the leader. I hate this popular culter followers who can't be themselves.

Recommended myTakes