Is actor Joseph Fiennes playing Michael Jackson in a movie disrespectful or even racist?

Anonymous

There is an upcoming comedy film by the name of Urban Myths that will feature actor Joseph Fiennes, a white actor, playing the late Michael Jackson. When this information was released last year, it caused an uproar because of course, Michael Jackson was a black man. This has of course been a long standing issue in movies with actors portraying real life individuals or worse, stereotypically playing persons whose race they do not share.

Do you see a problem with this or no, and why?
I think it's racist (explain)
I think it's more in very poor taste/disrespectful (explain)
I see nothing wrong with it (explain)
Vote C
GirlGuy
+1 y
Paris Jackson, Michael's daughter tweeted: "I'm so incredibly offended by it, as I'm sure plenty of people are as well, and it honestly makes me want to vomit," after seeing the trailer for, correction, the upcoming tv show called Urban Myths. The company has since decided not to air the episode with the actor in it. Fiennes reports he fully supports the companies decision made, they say, after Jackson's immediate family expressed their concerns.
13
4