What will you do to celebrate Thanksgiving?

For me, Thanksgiving is a holiday that is all about traditions. One of those traditions involves where you have Thanksgiving dinner. For the past ten years, I have cooked the entire Thanksgiving dinner by myself. The picture above is the turkey I cooked two years ago (attractive presentation and very moist turkey breast. PM me if you want to know the secret.) I enjoy doing the preparation and the cooking and I also enjoy not going to anyone else's house for the day.

When you are married, living together, or in a long-term relationship, you sometimes must decide whether to spend the day with your family or his/her family. Good luck with making everyone happy!

Where will YOU be spending Thanksgiving Day?

• I will prepare dinner and invite family to MY HOME.
  • I will go to my PARENTS' home for Thanksgiving dinner
  • I will have Thanksgiving dinner with the FAMILY OF MY SPOUSE/S. O.
    Vote C
  • I will go to my GRANDPARENTS; home for Thanksgiving dinner
    Vote D
  • I will go to my SIBLING'S home for Thanksgiving dinner
    Vote E
  • I will go to a RESTAURANT for Thanksgiving dinner
    Vote F
  • I DO NOT CELEBRATE Thanksgiving
    Vote G

4853

What Girls Said 48

• All of the above kind of.

I’m going to my paternal grandmother’s house very early to help my Aunt set up the tables, help prepare the ham, mashed potatoes, and stuffing, and set the table. Then I’ll leave for my boyfriend’s aunt’s house, eat a little bit with them, and then leave with my boyfriend to go eat with my family at my paternal grandmother’s house. And then finally I’ll be going out with my maternal grandparents that evening along with my mom and sister.

I’m going to be stuffed by the end of the day.

• I go to my parents home but I'm actually the one that cooks the dinner.
    My mom works at a hospital so she's usually working Thanksgiving until mid afternoon. My dad helps out with the turkey but everything is on me because one year my oldest brother made Thanksgiving dinner with shit he learned from watching Martha Stewart... and let's just say gravy isn't supposed to be orange in our house. Lmao
    My mom and dads house is more centrally located to to my siblings and me so it works out well.
    Also, after dinner were the ones that plot out our attack for Thanksgiving/Black Friday sales. Again, my parents home is in a better location to hit a few stores and empty out the cars before going back out. Gotta think ahead. 😉

• 6d

Orange gravy! Yes, some things should not be presented in designer colors.

Years ago, there was a neighborhood cat who was popular with the guy cats, always having babies, and I found homes for many of her kittens. She was a calico with designer colors so I named her Martha Stewart. :)

• I already celebrated Thanksgiving, because we have it in October like rational people 😜

We went to my aunt’s house, and my baby cousins were little shits (as per usual). The Brussels sprouts were raw which was weird but everything else was perfect.

• 7d

Right! The Brits think they are rational people because the have adopted the metric system. . . but every single one of them drives on the wrong side of the road! :) :) :)

• 6d

I should say so. It takes a lot of energy to roam around scalping the Indian savages and hang/drown witches.

• 6d

It is very easy to criticize people who lived and died more than three hundred years ago.

• I do all the cooking and everyone gathers at my house. We do the traditional family/friends "day of thanks" type celebration. It's really the pre black Friday meal to keep you up and going all that night and all day Friday lol
    I see no reason to celebrate the genocide of Native American people. my husband and children are a small part Native American (husbands grandmother was full Seneca Indian and lived on the reservation) so we make sure they partake in the national day of mourning.

• I'm Canadian so we already had our Thanksgiving back in October. We were going to have my brother and his girlfriend over for dinner but they ended up having to cancel because a bunch of stuff came up with their house. So I made a mini Thanksgiving dinner just for the 2 of us.. chicken, potatoes, veggies, stuffing and pumpkin pie.

• This Year, dear, Being I am Not traveling to my Family's for Thanksgiving Dinner, Not sure even if My Roomie is Working or What time he is Coming Home, Should he Work, I may just Cook up a dinner for Two.
    Happy Holidays! xx

• This year (and last year) I have to work my waitressing job on Thanksgiving. Open to close. 😔 But usually, my family and I go celebrate with my dad's extended family.

• Normally we just hang out and play video games
    Will usually order food for the day from a restaurant.

• T-pot pie at home w/SO
    if we crave leftovers, we'll pick up shaved turkey @ deli
    a vacation from too much work & traveling over years & years of strain

• We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Finland and don't even have any equivalent. I already dislike holiday season as it is, so I'm glad.

• I'm gonna sit in bed all day then eat sweet potatoes and dinner rolls. After that, I'll feel awful about myself, drink a fuck ton of water and not eat again for a day and a half or so

• Just have my dad cook a turkey or ham and a lot of other food. Maybe go to my aunt’s, who does all the big holiday get-together

• I’ll go to my parents and make and bring a side dish to go with all the other food I’ll be eating too much of.

• 6d

Self-control is SO difficult at the holidays! :)

• 6d

that's for sure! but we often go for a big walk on the beach if dinner doesn't finish too late. which helps make room for all the dessert choices to be had...

• We don't celebrate Thanksgiving.

• I'm going to cook at home and go nowhere.
    Depending on the fucked up drama of my husband's family- I'll smoke one, take a Xanax AND drink! Just so I can be pleasant while they visit my home.

• We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in England.

• Exactly what @witherwing said.

• I will be helping prepare dinner at my parent's house. This year is going to be a very small gathering, which I'm ok with.

• G. Australian.

What actually is Thankgiving?

• 7d

Ok. What do pilgrims have to do with it?

• 7d

The holiday began with The English colonists (pilgrims) sharing a meal with the natives to celebrate the first harvest.

• I live with my mom and sister. They're going to cook and I'm going to watch the babies. My cousins and aunt will come over with the food they made. Then we're going to play games and music until everyone gets pissed because I decided to take a nap in the middle of the game.

I've been sleeping less to prepare for naps between plates.

• I'm going to my aunt's house on my dad's side of the family and we're having a Mexican themed dinner a few days before.

• I do not celebrate Thanksgiving because I live in the UK. But I love seeing all the pictures on social media and wish I got 4 days off

• I don't celebrate

• Eat a vegan meAl (: cruelt fee

• As of rn I'm working

• 5d

I worked Thanksgiving day 20 years straight at a job I had nothing to do with the other 364 days of the year. Nobody wants the shift so I used to take it.

• 4d

Yeah I understand. I asked because obviously the money but, sad to say I wanted some "me time", terrible I know. Lol.

• I DO NOT CELEBRATE Thanksgiving

• this looks so delicious, have fun at Thanksgiving
    in my country we dont celebrate it tho

• Go down to America so I can celebrate twice

• Nothing.

• I celebrate in October lol so we have turkey and the fam gets together

• More from Girls
    18

What Guys Said 53

• We have a smaller version of your thanks giving meal every Sunday in England (or at least most families around where I live do) which normally has roast meat (beef, lamb, chicken or pork normally) roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings (if you have beef), then 3-4 different vegetables and thanks giving is an American thing so we don't celebrate thanks giving.

We have fireworks night on the 5th November though, were everyone gets drunk and sets off fireworks :P

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...ast_-_roast_beef_1.jpg

• Historically we've always had Thanksgiving at my father's house. But he's getting older now and just wants to hang out with his girlfriend on Thanksgiving, which is fine by me because I just want to hang out with my wife.

So we're going to Thanksgiving at my brother-in-law's house. My wife and him and his wife have a long tradition of having fun drinking together so we're going to eat a nice dinner and then hit the sauce.

• Well so far the plans are for my cousins and other family members to come over and get together with family, we would all make dinner with my family. If plans dont go through, I will just make myself something at home.
    Some friends want to go shopping that night around midnight if stores open but I think I will skip that, Im not into the whole crazyness of black Friday.

• Welp. I'm a busy young man. I will be studying and working and be doing some housekeeping.

Plus I'm all alone here.

23 November? I'll be working from 9 to 19 for sure. :/

• A close friend has an annual open house that we may go to. If not we'll just enjoy the holiday at our house.

• I’ll have to go to a restaurant this time and with my stepdad since he is by himself too, no point cooking a whole turkey for just 2 of of us, he used to go to friends house but they moved out of state

• There's no secret to cooking a moist turkey, just cover it with streaky bacon, put half a pint of water in the bottom of your roasting dish, and cover with tin foil. VOILA!

• I'm on-duty at the fire station this year for Thanksgiving.

• 7d

Many citizens silently appreciate your service! Too bad they are not more vocal!

• 6d

I appreciate your very kind comment. By the way, your turkey looks outstanding.

• 5d

You are welcome. It was quite tasty and I'll be repeating the feat this year.

• Finally try to learn how to cook. The turkey is still a bit much for me, as are the greens, but the sweet potatoes/ pie, apple pie/ baked cinnamon apples, and spaghetti,... I can certainly learn in no time because their recipes and cooking times are simpler.

• I don't celebrate Thanksgiving not my culture of religion , but I really really like the idea of it and I try to share food with less fortunate people on that day although i don't celebrate it lol

• G for me, in Belgium it doesn't mean anything.
    I love that chicken though, it looks delicious :D

• 6d

Actually, it is a turkey.

• 5d

Oh, I see... it looks the same!
      Here in Belgium turkey is a tradition for Christmas though the percentage of people still doing it is decreasing. These days we eat just anything for Christmas...

• Why not just write a Take about your turkey secrets instead of offering it via private mail?

• 6d

Not a bad idea! I though there would not be any interest but perhaps I have misjudged the situation.

• I'm driving to Lufkin and watching an ungodly amount of football and my cowboys destroy the chargers

• My mom will cook a big dinner, I don't like turkey (I'm weird lol!), I prefer lamb on Thanksgiving. It's just going to be the two of us since my brother is not local.

• 6d

Most people overcook turkey and it is dry. Then you need to drown it in gravy to get it down the gullet!

• Friendsgiving all the way! I've befriended a number of international students from my school and they can't go home, so we'll throw a Thanksgiving dinner for ourselves - should be fun!

• None of the above. I'll be working. I haven't had a Thanksgiving dinner in about 6 years. I wish I could, trust me.

• You forgot one. "I'll be working." Some of us have to work on the holidays (and weekends).

• 6d

I'd be surprised if any American disliked Thanksgiving. They should leave the country if they feel that way.

• 6d

Unfortunately, G@G only gives you 7 options for a poll. The not celebrate option was intended for all of those in foreign countries who do not celebrate the holiday.

• 6d

Oh, okay.

• I don’t know a single person in the uk that celebrates this.

• To the awesome mom's house.

• I'll prepare the Thanksgiving dinner and some of my cousins
    will all get together.

• Give God Almighty (am a Christian and we give thanks everyday not on thanks giving only) thanks for All His Goodness in my life and my Family, Friends and Relatives and Acquaintances Lives.

• Not celebrate

• Spend time with family and and my girlfriends family , lots of food

• Go black Friday shopping and fight off hordes of idiots.

• I celebrate with family at a family friend's.

• We don't celebrate that here. Today was remembrance Sunday.

• I usually grab a bottle of some good scotch and drink by myself after work.

• 6d

Preferred brand? Mine are Macallan and Glenmorangie.

• 6d

Have you tried the Glenlivet Founders Reserve? It is fairly new and a bit sweeter if you don't like the peppery taste of some single malts.

• 6d

I'll have to look into it.

• As holidays go, it doesn't even make the top 10

• I'll work.

• Just another day

• More from Guys
    23