Is the drug , Heroin really starting to hit the suburbs hard?

Anonymous
A&E network has a show on tonight about how Heroin use is surging in the Atlanta suburbs , even going as far as to refer to the area as the "heroin triangle " , now I've never been there myself so I'm only left to read about what went on there , the stats do indicate there was a surge of heroin related overdoes and deaths in that geographical area in recent years. so there is truth to the story , its not fiction and wasn't made up by some Hollywood director.

although the topic of heroin use in the suburbs is generally not something people want to talk about or even admit is happening. as to what % of the population is really using heroin on a regular basis , is really hard to determine. not a lot of facts are available and police arrests normally focus on dealers not simple users.

what are your thoughs? any first hand experiences? do you know people actually using or have tried heroin? possibly younger people from the suburbs?
3
1