What are your thoughts on students wearing body armour in schools/colleges in the USA? Should this be allowed?

InfoBot
I know already of one Florida based company that manufacturers bulletproof panels to go in backpacks, designed for students to use. Should the wearing of bulletproof vests be fully tolerated in schools across America?

This is not a backdoor attack on guns, I'm not touching that debate. Please keep the gun control debate out of this thread. Let's assume that the law stands as it stands, for better or worse.

I'm simply talking about parents having the right to protect their children as best they can given the existing laws. I am also not trying to give the impression that school shootings are so common that the risk to a given child in a given school is high, but planes come with life vests and how many people are ever likely to be involved in, let alone survive, an emergency landing on water?

It seems to me that you should be able to employ reasonable means necessary to increase the safety of your child, including pulling them out of a school if it cannot demonstrate adequate safety measures.
Yes, this should be allowed
No, this shouldn't be allowed
I want to make this about gun control, I haven't read the memo
Vote C
Other (explain)
Vote D
GirlGuy
2
22