The Unspoken Question: Why do younger Americans talk like drag queens?

DonRomeo
I've wondered this for about 15 years - which is roughly when this genuinely odd, slimy, bitchy, metrosexual way of speaking suddenly started to be used. I know older Americans, and they all speak normally. Many American girls still speak the same way they always have. Its only younger guys that adopt this sarcastic, mock-homosexual, and genuinely unlikable speech abnormality. And they all seem to have started doing it at roughly the same time.

Im pretty sure that everyone else in the world wonders what suddenly started this as well. Was there a popular basketballer or an action hero that talked like this, and everyone suddenly decided to copy him? If you speak like a drag queen too, to whatever extent, can you please explain to us what you think made you start putting on this odd voice? Thanks in advance!
1
4