What sources do you rely upon for your national and international news?

Most news sources are biased and I think reliance on any one source would be a mistake. I am conservative and I routinely read Fox News online but I also read CNN and I sometimes read the London Times and Wall Street Journal. Are you conservative, centrist, or liberal and what news sources do you routinely review?

1728

Most Helpful Girl

• I have tried to respond to your question several times before and each time I aborted my answer. :(

I think my previous responses gave too much information. So here goes my attempt with the least amount of information...

I have not paid attention to the news since Trump became the primary candidate for the Republican party. That was a the moment I officially gave up on Republicans.

But whether I am a republican or a liberal, regardless, I never count on anyone forming my opinion about something unless it is me.

I have always gone to the source. I never trust any publication, regardless of their reputation, to form my opinion. I have and always will insist that I see the quote. I read the quote. I read the context. I form my opinion.

I do not imagine I would ever let go of needing to know the source. Always. Regardless of apathy... lol! I am just that controlling. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I look across the political spectrum of our press. I also believe it's important to understand how the other side thinks.

I occasionally read other Commonwealth newspapers online, plus a few political blogs.

Our coverage of international news is pretty good, though, generally.

• What is your opinion of the London Times? Any other UK media outlets you recommend?

• I don't really read it much these days because it's behind a paywall.

I like the The Telegraph, I read The Guardian online (although I disagree with almost everything I see in that rag).

The rest here are tabloids, and only for amusement purposes, really. Sometimes it can be useful to see what The Daily Mail's stance is on certain issues.

One thing I will say is that ALL of the press has dumbed down a lot in the past decade or so. One national paper went to an online only edition last year, and it can't be long until more follow...