What sources do you rely upon for your national and international news?

What sources do you rely upon for your national and international news?
Most news sources are biased and I think reliance on any one source would be a mistake. I am conservative and I routinely read Fox News online but I also read CNN and I sometimes read the London Times and Wall Street Journal. Are you conservative, centrist, or liberal and what news sources do you routinely review?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have tried to respond to your question several times before and each time I aborted my answer. :(

I think my previous responses gave too much information. So here goes my attempt with the least amount of information...

I have not paid attention to the news since Trump became the primary candidate for the Republican party. That was a the moment I officially gave up on Republicans.

But whether I am a republican or a liberal, regardless, I never count on anyone forming my opinion about something unless it is me.

I have always gone to the source. I never trust any publication, regardless of their reputation, to form my opinion. I have and always will insist that I see the quote. I read the quote. I read the context. I form my opinion.

I do not imagine I would ever let go of needing to know the source. Always. Regardless of apathy... lol! I am just that controlling. :)

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I look across the political spectrum of our press. I also believe it's important to understand how the other side thinks.

I occasionally read other Commonwealth newspapers online, plus a few political blogs.

Our coverage of international news is pretty good, though, generally.

0|1
    0|0
    • What is your opinion of the London Times? Any other UK media outlets you recommend?

• I don't really read it much these days because it's behind a paywall.

I like the The Telegraph, I read The Guardian online (although I disagree with almost everything I see in that rag).

The rest here are tabloids, and only for amusement purposes, really. Sometimes it can be useful to see what The Daily Mail's stance is on certain issues.

One thing I will say is that ALL of the press has dumbed down a lot in the past decade or so. One national paper went to an online only edition last year, and it can't be long until more follow...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• Fox News: Most Watched. Most Trusted. Especially Sean!!! xxoo

1|2
    0|0
    • CNN is good for a Look at their constant box opened for the DOW. xx

• Show All
    • Paris: Especially Sean? You mean the guy who had Trump's personal lawyer on his show numerous times, and never told us that he was Sean's personal lawyer too? And that Sean went to court, to hide that Cohen was his personal lawyer. Yeah. We can really trust him. Not.

• OlderAndWiser: Hannity, so frequently repeatedly pressed the conspiracy theory about that Seth Rich, that Seth's family complained. And after it became a liability to Hannity, and that it was obvious Hannity was pushing an untruth, with no real evidence to back up his conspiracy theory, he declared he would not bring up the conspiracy any longer. And Hannity also has Trump's personal lawyer on his show a number of times, without ever telling his viewers, that Cohen was his (Hannity's) personal lawyer as well. Then Hannity tried to keep it from coming to light, by trying to get the court to block that he was Hannity's lawyer too. And you call that someone that is most trusted!!! You ought to change your name, from to something other than older and wiser.

• I watch some network and cable news, but not much. Online I use The Guardian, The Christian Science Monitor, Several regional news papers including LA Times, New York Times and others, I also use NPR online and radio, Al Jazeera online, BBC online and radio.

Additionally I read trade publications, follow some blogs, follow some people who speak on specific topics of interest, especially other sexologists.

0|1
    1|1
  • All of them.

I believe a few things about news these days.

1) being driven by humans bias in the news cannot be eliminated
    2) perspectives can be just as revealing as truths
    3) understanding the sources views on their own publication informs About their own bias

On the right I ignore info wars, I can’t say that I really ignore anything on the left cuz many of the leftist politicians are just as whack as the whackiest news pubs ergo I keep an eye on it

0|1
    0|0
  • I am Republican. I watch Fox News and I read the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. I don't like CNN because it's so blatantly biased.

2|1
    0|0
    • Finally, we agree!!! Good for you, Queen!!! xxoo

• Show All
    • @QueenofCupsThank you, Lovely!!! xxoo

• QueenCups: I don't watch Fox for the same reason. They are so blatantly cheering for Trump all the time. They've even made up fake news, to support Trump. (the million man march lie, Fox said about CNN, and Fox never retracted their false story)

• CBS, BBC, USA today, and a few others. Sometimes fox and cnn to gage how bullshit a story is.

0|4
    0|0
  • everything, beause I like reading all versions, how they were written, what is the underlying messages sent by the political parties they suport, and use my critical mind to find the truth.

0|1
    0|0
  • I only watch BBC and Al Jazeera, but not always. I mostly watch the national news channels. But they are also biased because we have no freedom of speech here.

0|1
    0|0
  • GAG. I don’t watch the news. A lot of I hear comes from here or IG.

0|1
    0|0
  • Abc11 news or the Internet

0|1
    0|0
  • The Economist

1|1
    0|0
  • MSNBC is the worst!

0|2
    0|0
  • NewsSuite, Göttinger Tageblatt, Tagesschau

0|2
    0|0
  • Memes

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly Fox

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe in anything

0|2
    0|0
  • none of these

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 27

• People like to label me. I consider myself ‘middle’ but i’ve been called everything from ‘hardcore conservative’ to ‘liberal commie’ in my life even tho I never changed my beliefs. I say F labels. I hate the 2 party system in the US too.

CBC (Canada)
    Times of India
    BBC
    Mailonline (crappy tabloid)
    WSJ
    Washington Post
    NY Times
    NY Post (tabloidish & does not allow commenting)
    CNN
    Various local/regional papers.
    Youtube by people who are not paranoid conspiracy types.

0|1
    0|0
  • I rely on The Daily Wire for the most part, but with news you have to take everything with a grain of salt and do thorough investigation before making a definitive conclusion, no matter how much you trust them. No matter how much I love The Daily Wire and believe them, as they've gained my trust, I can't blindly follow a news source. So far I'm inclined to take their word for it unless I find a discrepancy.

0|1
    0|0
  • en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Current_events
    Its about as close to bias free as you can get, sums up news articles in like a sentence, removing all the unnecessary conjecture

0|1
    0|0
  • Some are worse than others. FOX would not be one I rely on at all. CNN and ABCNews tend to be pretty accurate, though ABC tends to follow up if they acknowledge they reported something too quickly or made a mistake. I'm a moderate Democrat.

0|1
    0|0
  • I look at a lot of different sources, though I'm very skeptical anymore of the mainstream. The WaPo is garbage to me now, given that it's just a mouthpiece of Bezos. I never thought I'd listen to stuff like Infowars, but I do.

0|1
    0|0
  • NOS, Volkskrant, NRC, Ynet, the Guardian, BBC or just stuff that pops up. If I look up something specific regarding anything, then there are many times where I'll get on other sources than any of those.

0|1
    0|0
  • To be basically informed does not automatically require to regularly eat news. Ca. 80 % of that is a waste of time anyway. If something catches my interest, I try to find different independent 'reports' on it. The most important news will not go unnoticed. And even if I learn them a day later only - who cares. The world will not end. Or if it does, it does not help me to know so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not most, all news sources are biased, which makes it very important to scrutinize it. I use multiple like you - CNN, Fox, BBC, ABC world News, and the local stations for what I need.

0|2
    0|0
  • The political devide between news sources isn't that big in the Netherlands. I watch on tv depending what's on in the morning. But some news is a bit more sensational and others methodical and cold but they never give an opinions just facts

0|1
    0|0
  • I ignore the mainstream " media " , it is designed to keep people fearful , paranoid , divided and depressed... all by design. Russia Today is actually the least biased.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lately I've been trying to see as little news as I possible can. Any information I want from the rest of the world, I'll just ask the people from those countries themselves since I'm on the internet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just read articles on tbe internet from various sources as not to get a biased opinion.

The Atlantic is a publisher I don't mind.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am not a big news person..
    Only news I scout are of Crypto currency and stick to Coindesk, coingecko and bunch of other portals

0|1
    0|0
  • I like the national post talks about issues that every one seems to avoid

0|1
    0|0
  • CNN has the best over all coverage. The way Fox tells news, you would think the Republican party owns Fox.

0|0
    0|0
  • They all shed light on some cases making it mysterious to the world but most of the time i watch BBC and Al-Alarabiya

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm independent. I look at what's going on and review the facts. Then I draw conclusions. I think both sides are corrupt. However I think there's a political revolution happening in Washington and the people, regardless of partisanship, need to wake up and make this revolution a reality. If you're a Democrat vote out the anti Trump'ers and vote in favor of the candidates willing to work with Trump and pass term limits for career politicians. If you have to vote for a Republican because you have no good candidates don't vote for a good ole boy GOP. Vote for the candidates that are pro term limits and draining the swamp.

0|1
    0|0
  • EVERYTHING coz every damn newspaper has some political shit even public service.

0|1
    0|0
  • Fox, CNN, Guardian, Wall street Journal etc.

CNN and the Record, I mostly only watch and read through when I'm in a bad mood and need a good laugh.

I used to listen to Michael Savage a lot but I think he's gotten old. And he used to be unbeatable when it came to little known facts.

I think the whole news industry is a scam. They only care about money and figured out how to turn politics into a drama series that more people watch than anything on TV besides the Superbowl and they do it on a daily basis. They really do treat it like it's a narrative film. I mean, can anyone here who watches fox and friends say they haven't made a connection with the people on that show like a character in a movie? What about fans of Rachael Maddow or Anderson Cooper or Tucker Carlson?

So I don't really feel like I can trust much of anything that get's reported. I don't even really see it as news.

0|0
    0|0
  • Infowars; Drudge; Rebel; Britebart; Wikileaks.

0|1
    1|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes