Morgan Freeman, accused of inappropriate behavior by 8 women, another shock or expected?

Morgan Freeman, accused of inappropriate behavior by 8 women, another shock or expected?Morgan Freeman has issued an apology for making women feel "uneasy," following a report in which eight women alleged that he sexually harassed them or made inappropriate remarks. Source

"Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy," Freeman said in a statement obtained by Variety. "I apologize to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected -- that was never my intent."

A production assistant who worked on "Going In Style" alleges Freeman subjected her to unwanted touching and comments about her figure on a regular basis. She alleges Freeman would comment on her figure and clothing, and that he would rest his hand on her lower back or rub her lower back. In one instance, she said that Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." At one point, she recalled, "Alan made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say." Freeman's alleged behavior extended beyond "Going In Style." A female senior production staffer of Freeman's 2012 film "Now You See Me" reported a similar pattern of behavior. "He did comment on our bodies," she said. "We knew that if he was coming by... not to wear any top that would show our breasts, not to wear anything that would show our bottoms, meaning not wearing clothes that [were] fitted." The women accusing Freeman have worked with the now 80-year-old actor both on movie sets and at his production company Revelations Entertainment. They said they changed the way they dressed when they knew Freeman would be around to avoid his behavior. Each of the women said they didn't report him, most citing that they feared for their jobs. One time he stopped, looked me up and down as I walked into a room of people, and everyone burst out laughing. And I literally froze feeling very uncomfortable and one of the people in the office said, "Don't worry, that's just Morgan.'"

Thoughts?
  • Shock
    Vote A
  • Expected
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Im so tired of this. Im sure every man/woman has hit on someone. These people need to get a life and be glad that someone even wants to look at their stupid asses. Im still hurt about what happened to Bill. I've seen morgan flirt on his movies so its prob true but i dont want him goin downhill either. I wanna bitchslap all these effin accusers these days. Like if u gotta wait YEARS before reporting someone, why should we believe you

4|6
    2|2
    • It’s not always easy to report sexual harassment or rape. I was sexually abused and harassed in my family home. I couldn’t bring myself to tell anyone. I waited till I turned 18 and moved out. Most people don’t speak up because of statements like yours... accusations of lying. Maybe some of them are lying but I bet you a majority are telling the truth.

• Show All
    • Well yeah it goes both ways. I had a friend who was locked up for three months off a false claim and he didn't face trial. The problem is that you can get sent to jail and the case wasn't even done yet. I forgot what they call it exactly, but there are a lot of people locked in cells without fair trial.

• Its basically like if you are guilty you are guilty and if you are innocent then you are guilty and locked in a cell 24 hours a day. This is for the general public though and not people with money.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've come to the conclusion that if you're famous and male, you're going to be accused of sexual misconduct. It's that simple.

I neither believe nor don't believe these claims, which is the responsible thing to do when accusations fly.

2|10
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 77

• Throw this case out! It's all bs! Besides, the old guy might have been losing his balance and had to lay his hand on the women to stay upright. If he truly asked a filming crew staff if she's wearing underwear, she might have been dressed inappropriately in his opinion and that was strange his way of pointing it out. At least, he didn't wait.

2|5
    0|1
  • It's not a shock, but it's a surprise of sorts. If you've ever watched any of his interviews, like I have, he has a certain power in them... which I always felt like could be abused...
    So maybe it's not much of a surprise either...

1|2
    0|0
  • I hope those stories are untrue. I like Morgan Freeman.

5|1
    0|0
  • I'm shocked and it seems a little suspicious. I guess im biased b/c i like Morgan Freeman and i think he is a good actor, but i seems like now a days a lot of older male celebrities are being accused of sexual harassment... all of a sudden. It's always a few girls who ban together and all come out at the same time. I'm not saying that they are lying or that their story shouldn't be heard im just saying that it happens so often it just doesn't seem like a coincidence anymore.

1|7
    0|0
  • This guy doesn't seem to feel any remorse. A lot of people knew about these events, but nobody did anything. He doesn't even try to defend himself, he just gets aggressive and vulgar. I used to like him but he's cancelled to me, honestly.

2|5
    1|8
  • They’re pulling this feminist MeToo bull crap on Morgan Freeman? Fucking Morgan Freeman? Nothing except allegedly trying to lift the girls skirt up was “sexual harassment” anyways, for fucks sake. Not everyone is a victim.

2|7
    4|1
    • I'm pretty sure lifting a woman's skirt up is considered sexual harassment. So, if that happened, she most definitley is a "victim".

• Show All
    • Valiant dont be silly, even looking in the direction of a female is sexual harassment. Its 2018 get with the times xd

• Read about him and his step grandaughter. He was secretly having sex with her. Read the article and then post an opinion. I'm personally not shocked. I never liked him. I had read things about him before. And it's hollywood, like come one... people have no morals there.

• I don't believe this. It seems like the cool thing to do is go around spreading vicious gossip for tabloid headlines and the 15 minutes of fame

1|12
    3|0
    • Yep, they're all doing it. No male is safe.

• Show All
    • Well yes, that's kind of the whole point of the site isn't it?

• @lumos I thought so yes

• I think it’s comes down to what you define as sexual harassment. Because if a guys touches you in certain parts of your body without permission even that is considered sexual harassment. Even excessive cat calling and saying vulgar things to people and making them feel uncomfortable is sexual harassment. It’s pretty simple really. A lot more men are guilty of this but they don’t even realise they are doing anything wrong...

6|2
    0|0
    • So to answer... no I’m not surprised!

• Show All
    • @BigRob420
      sorry to intrude in your discussion . but for you to say .
      'George McGovern the president of the KKK' . is like saying .
      Obama the president of the NRA . absolutely wrong .

• I'm sorry former president. He wasn't the president of the KKK while he ran for president.

• What I can’t seem to understand is.. why are women all of a sudden coming out with the sexual harassment things when they’ve had forever to do it. The man is 80 years old and they are just now saying something. Typical women in 2018 😂

1|5
    1|0
    • It’s all part of the liberal brainwashing. These metoo movements, black lives matter, the gay/lesbian/ trans stuff; that’s all liberal brainwashing

• Show All
    • I hate computers I got it right please ignore @Flatron.

• @You_Cant_See_Me Right! Honestly there are soo many videos I could mention that has behavior like this and it is awful because these women are trying to control things they should have absolutely no power over. I will say men have jumped on board with some of this stuff to. As the anti-gun squad...

• hi, well for me this is between a time of difference even in my lifetime where i have experienced varying degrees of what would now be called sexual harassment from bum groping body sliding to verbal words and views and when i was 16 my bosses used to force me to sit and drink with one of their best customers because he was mega rich and a perv really whilst i was there to waitress... now is there a level where we consider a persons age and upbringing my mother of late 70s would use the words coloured or darky, for her it is a kinder polite word than what was used in her days... now when i say mum you can't say that now she sees the new way but its a lifetime, guys of an older generation not all of course but grew up in a social world. wolf whistles and noises made by work men were a compliment in my day, holy crap carry on movies and on the buses tv series say it all really... if i was wearing an outfit that was in honesty intending to show off my features and make me feel attractive then i have to take the attention it receives even as much as a hand on the small of my back and comments, if someone then dared to reach down and edge the bottom of my dress with that underwear remark id probably say a smart remark... i actually quite miss guys kind of old skool remarks and open responses to liking the way a woman looks but i can sure understand why you dont do it... id be frightened to death if i was a guy even having casual sex tbh of what might occur afterwards... xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm rather surprised by it. He just doesn't seem like that kind of guy to me. But then again you do have Matt Lauer over here. I say wait till we have solid evidence. Before we start damning someone.

Here's my thing: I get that it's humiliating, and you fear for your career, or even your life at times. But why don't people speak up at the time IT HAPPENS. It would save so much trouble now as compared to later on. Especially for rape victims. I know it's invasive to get inspected for evidence at the ER, right after being violated in the worst way. But don't you want to throw that SOB in prison so they can't hurt you someone else again?

The longer you wait to report in and hand over your evidence, the more likely court will throw your case out of the window for lack of evidence. There's a reason why when there's a murder the best time police have to find the prime suspect is 48 hours, after that the murderer is more and more likely to get away with it. They have to find the evidence that it was that suspect. Starting with alibis and fingerprints. Your heavy forensic resaerch happens a little later with fibers, blood, dna found in flakes of skin, etc.

The same applies to finding out and convicting rapists. I feel for any sexual assault/harassment victims just as much as anyone else here. But you have to SPEAK UP when it happens now, not 1+ years down the line.

0|0
    0|0
  • After hearing he entered a relationship with his adopted granddaughter I had to reconsider all information I had heard about him. I believe he is capable of all of those things and more.
    Although she's not his flesh n blood he would have watched her grow, she may have even looked up to him.
    Sickening really!

3|2
    0|0
    • I hadn't heard about that. That's nauseating.

• @MarketData the granddaughters partners under investigation for her murder but look the rumours have been going close to ten years. If it didn't happen and he heard it, given his poor mental state it could have tipped him over the edge but he didn't say he heard rumors. She told him! But again can we trust someone declared clinically unwell? For me it's all very sketchy!
      www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...-granddaughter-sex.html

• Hollyweird is a freakin shitshow at this point. And I'm super shocked by this and not sure if i believe it.

4|8
    0|0
  • It's neither a shock to me nor did I expect it. It doesn't matter what personality we see in celebrities or otherwise public figures. Fact is, we don't know them and their lives. A celebrity can be the biggest asshole and yet would never harrass someone, and a celebrity can be the sweetest and most likeable person ever and yet do something like this. There's no way for us consumers to know which celebrity is more likely and which celebrity is less likely to harrass someone.

1|3
    0|0
  • They’re fucking with Morgan Freeman now, no one is safe

1|8
    2|1
  • I'll have a hard time with whomever says he did that. He doesn't seem like the type of person to do that, but I thought that about Bill as well.

0|5
    1|0
  • I chose expected because this is just old news about him. Like 10 years ago that was news, i actually remember because i was at school back then and it became a sporadic topic at some point. I don't know how old is this article but if this is some new stuff then yeah thats not surprise.

1|0
    0|0
  • The more famous, rich and powerful they are the more they think it is ok to be that way and will "GET AWAY WITH IT". Sad when it is someone you liked, but there again we do not know them, we only see the characters they portray on screen, and even their wives, family and friends do not really know them.

0|1
    0|1
    • Really. When did you become the Moral Judge Jury and executioner? I suppose if men applied your theories equally then every woman with sight and smell would be imprisoned. Every woman I ever worked around has said or did something sexist. I bet your past is riddled with jailable offenses based on your definitions. So SAD...

• Unfortunately it’s not shocking me anymore. Celebs are not somehow magically good people who know exactly how to act to not offend anyone or make someone feel uneasy. I’m sure not even 1% of what’s happening in that industry (regarding sexual harassment/assault/abuse) on a daily basis has been covered.

2|0
    0|2
  • Morgan's super famous, you don't make it anywhere in Hollywood without being a weird. having certain connections and just doing what you're told a decent amount of the time. This breeds a certain kind of culture and he's been a part of that culture for a loooong time

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 178

• well I'm not planning to play it down, but these are "my word against your word" kind of situations.

at work, this girl led me on clearly and once I said something remotely sexual, but not about me and her or what I'd do to her or what I'd want, she snapped at me, said I'm crossing the line and that I need to stop threatening to take me to HR.

it started because of her, it continued because of her, it escalated because of her and when eventually I did make a joke that in itself would be uncalled for (without her leading me on), she accused me of being out of place.

She waited and lured me to that point where I was about to say something, just so she can climb on the higher moral ground.
    I was looking at her in disgust and she was enjoying that she had a reason to snap at me, even more that it was something in the area of "sexual harassment".

Thing is that she always felt inferior to me and now looking back at it, I realize it might have been her way to make herself superior. "you are a low life pig, I'm a victim, yet I had the power to speak against you and actually win an argument"

Crazy world. I wouldn't play it down just because he is Morgan Freeman, but there are also plenty of crazy people out there looking to gain something.

0|2
    0|0
  • Neither. Freeman once made a Wrongthink comment about racism and now he must be destroyed like Bill Cosby. One does not simply tell black people to sack up and deal with your *@$ like other marginalized and enslaved races have. When the smoke finally settles, the heroes of the black community will be drug dealers, felons, and other such losers "who turned their lives around." Not doing that shit from the get go doesn't fit the narrative. One has to show that growing up in a dem controlled inner city with drugs, and crime and broken homes can lead to vast wealth (through modern day tap dancing and sportsball) completely ignoring the millions of blacks who DIDN'T succeed in that environment. As if that shit is NORMAL. Totally normal for most of your friends to die at 23, totally normal to hi-five a crack head on your way to school everyday, totally normal for mom not to be home when you get home from school, totally normal to NOT get a better job because you'd lose your benefits. Totally normal to tell your kids to act out in school in order to get a disability check for them... Any black celebrity who doesn't tow that line is up for termination. That includes tv shows depicting blacks (most importantly lack men) as being just as capable, a la the Cosby Show, and The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Not a new phenomena, this goes all the way back to the 90's with Chris Rock, with his 'blacks vs niggas' bit. He got death threats for a frickin comedy set! Now look whos towing that line?

1|1
    0|1
  • I don't understand why these guys, who you think would be smart, don't know how to filter themselves. Like I may think someone is super attractive but I'm not just gonna start feeling them up as I please when we aren't in any kind of relationship. I keep hoping it's lies, but every time they come out and admit to it so it's really just that they aren't that good of people as lots of people assume.

1|1
    0|1
  • These kind of accusations have become the boy who cried wolf.

0|7
    0|0
  • I'd wait until he's been declared guilty in court before I judge this man, as should anyone else in my opinion.

2|7
    1|1
    • You don't have to have done something illegal to have done something wrong.

• Like what are women that inferior that a man can make her feel uneasy so she feels the needs to rail road him

Awwww poor girls they felt uneasy. Ya so what. Girls make me feel Uneasy all the time. No one cries about it all day. Women up. Handle it

I bet he's not doing anything abnormal. Just a way to suck money lol

0|3
    0|0
  • Not shocked by the accusations because every female is trying to find an excuse to join the MeToo bullshit, so finding men in power who at some point said something even slightly provocative is being taken and lynched because these desperate attention whores will do anything to be part of something.

For example. Jenny McCarthy throwing Steven Segal in the ring because he made a comment about her tits (which she had no issue exposing for money in playboy, and was likely putting on display to try and get the part she was auditioning for)... she cries victim yet completely ignores the fact that she PHYSICALLY molests an underage Justin Beiber on stage in front of millions because "He was just too yummy"...
    Oh RIIIIGHT, women are allowed to be as sexually aggressive and violating as they want without question or responsibility... it's just men showing any interest in females that are the monsters.

Another example is Katy Perry not getting even the slightest punishment for her taking a young boys first kiss from him on American Idol, without his consent.

0|1
    0|0
  • not especially. he's had a rather strange relationship with his daughter or step daughter or daughter of a girlfriend who was a minor when their relationship began. obviously if true it's extremely disappointing because he is such has had such an impact as an actor... but again not especially surprising

0|1
    0|1
  • "Morgan Freeman, accused of inappropriate behavior by 8 women, another shock or expected?"
    Let me know when this changes if it does to:
    "Morgan Freeman, guilty of inappropriate behavior to 8 women, another shock or expected?"

0|5
    0|0
  • Every male is a candidate for this for just being born. The only reason he is getting his is because of all the money to be made. So I expect every man/boy to someday be charged and indicted. NO surprise here.

1|2
    0|0
  • Never judge a person on one sided story let Morgan speak and tell his side of the story, how can a 80 year old man sexually harass women, i mean biologically he must not have any sexual desires left, although one may have motormouth at this age too, so let's see what the court has to say.

0|2
    0|0
  • Ok, so it is basically jokingly trying to pull up a woman's dress slightly - only as a joke- and not actually done, and the rest are just comments to women that now feel are inappropriate. He has publicly apologized. CASE CLOSED. Any further action or prosecution against him is just more man-hating attacks against wealthy men for an easy cash grab which is nothing more than a Liberal feminazi driven scam against men for easy money!

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course a rich famous man will act like that. Because when they do, women give up the pussy. It’s just that not all of them do. The ones who don’t get upset of course. But that’s what men who can get laid at the drop of a hat do. They keep trying to get laid. Unless they have values and stick to them of course.

0|1
    0|0
  • Note: Interesting that guys and girls are currently evenly split between the two options.

I'm not shocked but more surprised and saddened. He's such an idol to me that I'm quite sad that, if true, he did these things. But, I honestly don't know what's real anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have heard some of the stuff he is accused of. It is a little creepy, kind of hitting on or being creepy with some younger women. It is a little creepy, not criminal in any way, maybe some guys or girls need to take him aside and tell him bluntly about it and to stop. This isn't on the level of some of the other stories in the news about actual crimes, assaults and rapes.

I am disappointed because Freeman has always carried himself with dignity and had an air of wisdom about him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean whenever there's a celebrity with power there's always gonna be people trying to leach off of their success, and yes sometimes it is the truth, but there are times when the accused has actually been innocent the whole time, although unlikely it is possible he's innocent.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol as expected. Sexual harassment and Rape allegation tactics are straightout of the Nazi and Communists playbook. Am I the only one that has a copy of that lol?

Morgan Freeman is the Kanye West for the older people. Both of these guys are trying to glitch the system, they are slowly but surely making people snap out of the trance.

Do you know who's next to get accused? Jordan Peterson. He is the Kanye West for the highly intellectual people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not surprised. He's a man, greedy women can make money by accusing him. They will get to go on talk shows, probably some will get a book deal, it is usually BS when these people are accused.

0|4
    1|0
  • Its typical behavior of men who are extremely rich and powerful wheather they be famous or not.

In these men minds they have a sense of intitlement to acts towards women in uncalled for manners, because their great wealth and influence gives them unreasonable inflated ego.

Money and power does that to people.

2|0
    0|1
  • Nuh uh, do not bring God himself into this. Morgan Freeman is not a sexual predator. MeToo needs to go back in the hole it crawled out from. It's accusing people left and right and never pressing charges, ruining people's career's and making the gender divide worse.

This has to stop.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes