Morgan Freeman, accused of inappropriate behavior by 8 women, another shock or expected?

Morgan Freeman, accused of inappropriate behavior by 8 women, another shock or expected?Morgan Freeman has issued an apology for making women feel "uneasy," following a report in which eight women alleged that he sexually harassed them or made inappropriate remarks. Source

"Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy," Freeman said in a statement obtained by Variety. "I apologize to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected -- that was never my intent."

A production assistant who worked on "Going In Style" alleges Freeman subjected her to unwanted touching and comments about her figure on a regular basis. She alleges Freeman would comment on her figure and clothing, and that he would rest his hand on her lower back or rub her lower back. In one instance, she said that Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." At one point, she recalled, "Alan made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say." Freeman's alleged behavior extended beyond "Going In Style." A female senior production staffer of Freeman's 2012 film "Now You See Me" reported a similar pattern of behavior. "He did comment on our bodies," she said. "We knew that if he was coming by... not to wear any top that would show our breasts, not to wear anything that would show our bottoms, meaning not wearing clothes that [were] fitted." The women accusing Freeman have worked with the now 80-year-old actor both on movie sets and at his production company Revelations Entertainment. They said they changed the way they dressed when they knew Freeman would be around to avoid his behavior. Each of the women said they didn't report him, most citing that they feared for their jobs. One time he stopped, looked me up and down as I walked into a room of people, and everyone burst out laughing. And I literally froze feeling very uncomfortable and one of the people in the office said, "Don't worry, that's just Morgan.'"

Thoughts?
  • Shock
  • Expected

78179

Most Helpful Girl

• Im so tired of this. Im sure every man/woman has hit on someone. These people need to get a life and be glad that someone even wants to look at their stupid asses. Im still hurt about what happened to Bill. I've seen morgan flirt on his movies so its prob true but i dont want him goin downhill either. I wanna bitchslap all these effin accusers these days. Like if u gotta wait YEARS before reporting someone, why should we believe you

• It’s not always easy to report sexual harassment or rape. I was sexually abused and harassed in my family home. I couldn’t bring myself to tell anyone. I waited till I turned 18 and moved out. Most people don’t speak up because of statements like yours... accusations of lying. Maybe some of them are lying but I bet you a majority are telling the truth.

• Well yeah it goes both ways. I had a friend who was locked up for three months off a false claim and he didn't face trial. The problem is that you can get sent to jail and the case wasn't even done yet. I forgot what they call it exactly, but there are a lot of people locked in cells without fair trial.

• Its basically like if you are guilty you are guilty and if you are innocent then you are guilty and locked in a cell 24 hours a day. This is for the general public though and not people with money.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've come to the conclusion that if you're famous and male, you're going to be accused of sexual misconduct. It's that simple.

I neither believe nor don't believe these claims, which is the responsible thing to do when accusations fly.