Should a Christian doctor be persecuted religiously and fired for refusing to use PC gender pronouns?

Catholicgirl22
Dr David Mackereth’s contract as a medical assessor for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) was terminated three weeks ago on the grounds that his refusal to use transgender pronouns could be considered harassment under the 2010 Equality Act.
“As a Christian, I believe gender is determined biologically and genetically,” he told The Daily Mail. “I knew it could be the end of my work as a doctor, but I could not live with myself if I didn’t speak up. It would be dishonest — and I didn’t want to live a lie.”
After voicing his objections, Dr Mackereth was called into a meeting with a manager at his employment agency. “He asked, ‘If a man asked him to call you ‘Mrs’, would you do it?’ I said I couldn’t,” he said.
“If somebody has male XY chromosomes and male genitalia I cannot in good conscience call them a woman. We agreed I wouldn’t come into work until the DWP had decided what would happen to me.”
Dr Mackereth said it was “not a question of whether we agree or disagree but whether we are free to say so”.
“I believe with all my heart that God made us male and female and that I should be allowed to believe this,” he said.
Yes
No
Other
Vote C
GirlGuy
35
12