What do you think of the case of Katie Stubblefield?

curiousnorway s
When she was 18-years old and under influence, she tried to commit suicide shooting herself under the chin. She had severe depression. She survived the suicide attempt, but whole of her face was damaged, she became blind and lost many functions in her face. Later on she underwent a facial transplant.

My Opinion:
Although suicide isn't a good idea, I don't get it why she gets so much hate. When you're both depressed and under influence, you've difficulty thinking rationally and it's not always easy to seek help. It's true suicide can hurt your family and friends, is never a good idea etc. But people should rather try to help these individuals feeling better again and make them want to live again instead of hating on them. They're more likely to kill themselves with hate. Waking up with a damaged face makes everything harder. In addition to her having depression and suicidal thoughts, she had to live with a damaged face, and with a new facial transplant it's still difficult to recognize her.

There's people saying she deserved the injury because she could hurt her family's feelings and attempted suicide. I'm strongly disagree since you don't choose to get depression. It's not always easy to do the right thing.

#Suicide #FacialTransplant #Transplant
How she looked before the incident.
How she looked before the incident.
3
6