Why do people not care about Meghan Markle's pregnancy?

Why do people not care about Meghan Markle's pregnancy?Why do people not care about Meghan Markle's pregnancy?Why do people not care about Meghan Markle's pregnancy?
Updates:
Update: I don't give a shit either.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think it's funny how so many people on here don't care about this person's personal life, but they OBSESS over things that President Trump may or may not have done in his PERSONAL life. What up America? Why so double standard-y? lol.

3|3
    0|0
  • Because this is not the Middle Ages anymore, and monarchies/royal families have no meaning anymore. They're just priviliged rich families, sucking money from the taxpayer and giving nothing back.

People don't put up with that easily.

3|4
    0|0
    • "Because this is not the Middle Ages anymore, and monarchies/royal families have no meaning anymore."

…except in current monarchies that still grant significant power to their kings, like the ราชอาณาจักรไทย ("Ratcha-anachak Thai"; 「Kingdom of Thailand」) and المملكة العربية السعودية ("al-Mamlakah al-ʿĀrabīyah as-Saʿūdīyah";「Kingdom of Saudi Arabia」). I' not exactly too concerned about their royals, either, but I'm sure their citizens are, since the line of succession has significant implications on their country's national policies and, consequently, their own individual lives.

• Show All
    • @jarrich Oh… Nice! It’s good to learn something new. (Thanks for the lesson!) I only experienced Saudi and heard that Thailand was still a monarchy from Philippine & U. S. news around the time their King Bhumibol died and was replaced with… an apparently less-popular Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn.

U. S. media painted a less-than-flattering image of the (then) crown-prince, but both countries’ media indicated the Thai really loved King Bhumibol and truly grieved his passing. Are the Thai really that attached to their symbolic monarchy? Or were did the just not want King Vajiralongkorn? Or something else?

• @N192K001 You are correct.

Thailand is still a monarchy, and the Thais really look up to their king, especially the late Bhumibol Adulyadey. Many Thais consider him the "father" of the Thai people.

It is also true however that the current king is much less popular; but there are strict laws in place that prevents people from discussing the monarchy, the democracy or the royal family.

Because of that, Thailand is not considered to be a free country.

Most Helpful Girls

• People are so rude... why even click on something if you’re gonna comment like that... they care enough to click on it so that says a lot... and they Even waste time to type all that out... bunch of losers wasting time sitting on their asses just reading bs online and then show their bitterness through their comments. Bleh. If hey didn’t care, they wouldn’t click on it.

I think she’s having a boy. I wish twins! A boy and a girl lol would be cool.

0|0
    2|0
    • Haha true most people don't care. But thanks for answering..

• I think the fact the poll was created, and a number of people responded, suggests that people DO actually care. But these days it's trendy on social media for people to be negative/derogatory/political about most things. The irony being it usually just highlights their own lack of cultural awareness. For example, some people commenting on this very thread have announced they come from America and therefore do not like "hype". Yeah... ok. lol

• all the people here who say they don't care .
    obiously care soooo much they have to say how much they don't care = dumb!

triggered by an anon

0|0
    3|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 80

• Well, leaving aside just the basic sense of decency and good wishes that one should have for a young couple - any young couple - when starting a family, in terms of the monarchy and Britain, it is a happy bit of news in a world that often seems dark and unrelentingly grim.

In the British system - the system that provides the foundation for most of the world's democracies - the royal family is a focal point of patriotic felling and a sense of community. This simply adds to that - and is something to which people can relate at the most human level.

As to the monarchy itself, as Churchill pointed out in the aftermath of World War I:

"The victorious democracies, in driving out hereditary sovereigns, supposed that they were moving on the path to progress. They have in fact gone further and fared worse. A royal dynasty looking back upon the traditions of the past, and looking forward to a continuity in the future, offers an element of security to the liberty and happiness of nations."

This is lost somewhat in an era of mass media and celebrity culture, where personalities tend to overshadow institutions - especially in a populist age. That said, as Disraeli pointed out, a nation's liberties are embodied in its institutions. Where such institutions are weak, so apt is to be the state itself.

In that connection, look at the Middle East. Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen. All republics, all in chaos. Then Saudi Arabia, Oman, Jordan, Kuwait. All monarchies, all relatively stable.

As the historian John Lucaks put it, ""On the surface of the map of the world they represent the last central cluster of decency, those bourgeois monarchs of northwestern Europe. Churchill knew that: for he was a monarchist not out of mere sentiment but because of his deep historical reason. In a fatherless world they are sources of a certain strength and inspiration."

On balance, this is the value of monarchy properly understood. In that, those who are indifferent or hostile seem churlish and are mistaking cynicism for sophistication.

1|1
    0|0
  • A divorced actress seduces a playboy prince from an antiquated and increasingly irrelevant royal family. Now they're expecting a baby. Stiff shit! Women have been having babies since the dawn of time.

3|0
    0|0
  • As a citizen of the United States of America I honor the fact that my country is formed so we would not have to give a rat's ass about any Kings or Queens of princess that being said I have nothing against the Archduke and his wife or whatever he's called and their baby I care as much about them as they do me sorry the prince not Archduke and his chick

0|0
    0|1
  • For one thing, I'm an American, so I don't really follow the royal family. Actually, I had never even heard of Meghan Markle until she was engaged to Harry. Second, they're so far down the line on royal succession that they'll never sit on the throne anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless she was a directly related to me or very close to me (i. e. my sister or a very close cousin, or even my mom, (if I had a girlfriend I mention her as well)) I don't see any other another reason I'd really have much interest in her being pregnant.

But that's just me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because it's literally the least important thing in the world. All these idiots saying stupid shit like "Meghan Markle is a symbol of equality, proof that race doesn't need to define us," are exactly why people are so racist.

1|2
    0|0
  • I do care, only because she's too old to be having a baby. No doubt it will be a horrible mutant like Prince Charles.

0|1
    1|1
  • Because they are thousands of babies being born everyday, royal family baby is not special, they are just born into a wealthy famous family.
    millions of babies are born into poverty, but we are supposed to care about some rich spoilted brat, when they are children/babies suffering in poverty

0|1
    0|0
  • because the kids most likely will not be king or queen

also you are drawing a conclusion based on social media comments. it doesn't really state how people generally feel. just people who feel the need to comment on stuff

0|0
    0|0
    • True enough. Social media is just where happiness goes to die. lol

• Why anybody cares about any of the Royal Family members is beyond me.
    If it were up to me, they would be given the boot and would stop being paid from both the Crown Estate and the tax payer.
    The question should be: why does anybody care?

0|0
    0|1
    • ... because the Royal Family is a massive tourist attraction for the UK, and costs the tax payer £0.50p a year. Any Royal family member getting married or having a baby is an instant huge revenue generator for cottage-industries selling marriage/baby-related items. There are a lot of countries around the world who will trade with the UK solely because of the royal connection and current/former commonwealth relationships. Any charity which has a royal representing it will be massively successful. There's a few answers to your question, off the top of my head.

• Show All
    • I'm not a Royalist. I just answered your question, factually. Whether you like it or not is obviously your choice, but in the current economic climate any revenue-generation is crucial. As for the claiming of land throughout the royal family's history... seriously? Live in the now! Everyone has nicked someone else's land at some point, depending how far in history you want to go back. The Romans, the Normans, the Celts, probably the friggin cavemen as well. lol

• You can't really discuss the crucial nature of revenue when you're paying a family upwards of £100 million a year! Especially when the money they are bringing in is only really benefiting one city.
      Shrugging the land ownership off is silly. We pay them an absolute fortune for land that they don't use and that was stolen in the first place. If you can't see why that's immoral then I guess there isn't anything else to say. I mean who cares, right? Everyone stole land at some point. That land could not only be put to use but it could bring in more money than the Royal Family. That's one of the reasons I brought it up.

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 57

• An explanation isn't necessary. Just accept it that nobody cares.

2|2
    1|0
  • Bothers me twice this week I’ve worked 2 14 hour days along with my regular shifts and be taxed rotten for it to fund ms Markle and her prince. wish the royals would disappear.. just another mouth to feed courtesy of the British tax payer.. the biggest scroungers in the uk

0|2
    0|1
  • For literally all the reasons listed. Who cares about some trashy American actress getting pregnant with some spoiled British royal's kid? The royal family is a prim-and-proper version of the Kardashians for the UK. A flashy, overly-wealthy family that people with nothing else to do obsess over. Meghan is just another woman whose life bears no significance or impact on anyone else's, so why bother caring?

0|0
    0|1
  • Because it was expected. Im not suprised. Why should we care... they dont care if the common people have babies or not. I dont understand why people worship these celebrities😑😒 they dnt care about us!!!

2|0
    0|0
  • ... Why should they care?
    She is just another female that got pregnant, there are thousands that do that everyday.

1|1
    2|0
  • Give me one reason why we should care lol

I don't care about any celeb by the way. That includes Kardashitans , Jenner's, Trump etc

0|1
    1|0
  • Because she's 100% fake and doesn't deserve to be a part of the royal family. Also, because we the people have actual important things to worry about. We should be concerned of our country (USA) not some random chick.

0|1
    0|0
  • So Harry fucked Megan and put a bun in her oven. Big deal.

1|3
    1|0
  • Because it doesn't effect anyone. Their kids are no where near the theon as many are ahead inline so they won't have any impact on the next generations world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, for me is not like a big surprise, you know? They got married and now they're having a baby. Normal.

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes