Why do people not care about Meghan Markle's pregnancy?

Why do people not care about Meghan Markle's pregnancy?Why do people not care about Meghan Markle's pregnancy?Why do people not care about Meghan Markle's pregnancy?
Update: I don't give a shit either.

5982

Most Helpful Guys

• I think it's funny how so many people on here don't care about this person's personal life, but they OBSESS over things that President Trump may or may not have done in his PERSONAL life. What up America? Why so double standard-y? lol.

• Because this is not the Middle Ages anymore, and monarchies/royal families have no meaning anymore. They're just priviliged rich families, sucking money from the taxpayer and giving nothing back.

People don't put up with that easily.

• "Because this is not the Middle Ages anymore, and monarchies/royal families have no meaning anymore."

…except in current monarchies that still grant significant power to their kings, like the ราชอาณาจักรไทย ("Ratcha-anachak Thai"; 「Kingdom of Thailand」) and المملكة العربية السعودية ("al-Mamlakah al-ʿĀrabīyah as-Saʿūdīyah";「Kingdom of Saudi Arabia」). I' not exactly too concerned about their royals, either, but I'm sure their citizens are, since the line of succession has significant implications on their country's national policies and, consequently, their own individual lives.

• @jarrich Oh… Nice! It’s good to learn something new. (Thanks for the lesson!) I only experienced Saudi and heard that Thailand was still a monarchy from Philippine & U. S. news around the time their King Bhumibol died and was replaced with… an apparently less-popular Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn.

U. S. media painted a less-than-flattering image of the (then) crown-prince, but both countries’ media indicated the Thai really loved King Bhumibol and truly grieved his passing. Are the Thai really that attached to their symbolic monarchy? Or were did the just not want King Vajiralongkorn? Or something else?

• @N192K001 You are correct.

Thailand is still a monarchy, and the Thais really look up to their king, especially the late Bhumibol Adulyadey. Many Thais consider him the "father" of the Thai people.

It is also true however that the current king is much less popular; but there are strict laws in place that prevents people from discussing the monarchy, the democracy or the royal family.

Because of that, Thailand is not considered to be a free country.

Most Helpful Girls

• People are so rude... why even click on something if you’re gonna comment like that... they care enough to click on it so that says a lot... and they Even waste time to type all that out... bunch of losers wasting time sitting on their asses just reading bs online and then show their bitterness through their comments. Bleh. If hey didn’t care, they wouldn’t click on it.

I think she’s having a boy. I wish twins! A boy and a girl lol would be cool.

• Haha true most people don't care. But thanks for answering..

• I think the fact the poll was created, and a number of people responded, suggests that people DO actually care. But these days it's trendy on social media for people to be negative/derogatory/political about most things. The irony being it usually just highlights their own lack of cultural awareness. For example, some people commenting on this very thread have announced they come from America and therefore do not like "hype". Yeah... ok. lol

• all the people here who say they don't care .
    obiously care soooo much they have to say how much they don't care = dumb!

triggered by an anon