Man fired from his nursing job after wearing a racist shirt to the election polls. Should he have been fired?

Allie_Oops

So I won't give my opinion yet, but I found this story on Yahoo. His name is Clayton Hickey, and when the photo was posted to his Instagram account, he was then reported to his place of employment, Regional One Health. The day after they received the photo, they confirmed it was him and reported that they had fired him immediately.

So... I went through the comments on the article, and a lot of people are saying he should not be fired because what he does on his own time is his business. But then there are others who say that he as a nurse just showed he was a racist, and he may not treat minority patients the same as whites. They're arguing that nurses should be accepting of everyone.

What do you think? Did he deserve to get fired?
Yes, he absolutely should have been fired.
No. At most he should be suspended without pay or something similar.
No. What he does outside of work is his business.
Vote C
Other answer
Vote D
GirlGuy
1 y
By the way, I think the issue for most is the noose, not so much the flag. But the Confederates were absolutely racist, and they did not hesitate to kill blacks. Mississippi, as some of you know, was part of the confederacy.
21
3