Would you ever do this to your BF?

Would you ever do this to your BF?
  • yes
  • no

1825

Most Helpful Guys

• "This online service enables you to influence your boyfriend by controlling articles presented to him on news websites", is this a trend I should aware of? Psychologically-manipulating your partner in the direction of your choosing, when did MK Ultra become available to the public?

Does anyone remember when Facebook conducted a mass-scale social experiment on its user base, to determine to test the effects of positive or negative reinforcement in their feeds on their emotional state, and the enormous backlash they received for doing so? How did this fly under the radar?

I don't know what's worse: that this might actually a service or that it's being promoted. If I found out my girlfriend was trying to manipulate me to her ends, you'd best believe I'd kick her ass to the curb. Any girl that wants a guy so badly she will use a service like this simply cannot be trusted.

Source for Facebook experiment: www.nytimes.com/.../...riment-stirring-outcry.html

Facebook Emotional Contagion Paper: www.pnas.org/content/pnas/111/24/8788.full.pdf

P. S. I decided to see if the URL works and it does not. Imagine my shock..

• This assumes most guys even pay attention to the adds/actually have an influence on what they do. Chances are, if the guy isn't going to propose no ad is going to influence his decision.

Most Helpful Girls

• No, definitely not. That's beyond shady and I have no desire to "control" the articles my partner reads. I don't even understand what the benefit of that would be. This would just make a girl look conniving and manipulative, which are not the qualities I'm going for.

• Lol! I’d do it as a joke - not for a long period of time. But I’d like to see if he starts talking and rings, babies, and weddings. I’d tell him afterwards.