• yes
    Vote A
  • no
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• "This online service enables you to influence your boyfriend by controlling articles presented to him on news websites", is this a trend I should aware of? Psychologically-manipulating your partner in the direction of your choosing, when did MK Ultra become available to the public?

Does anyone remember when Facebook conducted a mass-scale social experiment on its user base, to determine to test the effects of positive or negative reinforcement in their feeds on their emotional state, and the enormous backlash they received for doing so? How did this fly under the radar?

I don't know what's worse: that this might actually a service or that it's being promoted. If I found out my girlfriend was trying to manipulate me to her ends, you'd best believe I'd kick her ass to the curb. Any girl that wants a guy so badly she will use a service like this simply cannot be trusted.

Source for Facebook experiment: www.nytimes.com/.../...riment-stirring-outcry.html

Facebook Emotional Contagion Paper: www.pnas.org/content/pnas/111/24/8788.full.pdf

P. S. I decided to see if the URL works and it does not. Imagine my shock..

0|0
    0|0
  • This assumes most guys even pay attention to the adds/actually have an influence on what they do. Chances are, if the guy isn't going to propose no ad is going to influence his decision.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No, definitely not. That's beyond shady and I have no desire to "control" the articles my partner reads. I don't even understand what the benefit of that would be. This would just make a girl look conniving and manipulative, which are not the qualities I'm going for.

3|0
    0|0
  • Lol! I’d do it as a joke - not for a long period of time. But I’d like to see if he starts talking and rings, babies, and weddings. I’d tell him afterwards.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• The new age of black mail and extortion is transformed into acceptable. Sounds like slanderous suites in the making.

2|0
    0|0
  • Everyone seems so passionate about this topic. I don't know, I would find it hilarious if a girlfriend used it, it would be funny if it worked. I'd just hope that they'd have one for me to use on her too as I'd like a Harley Davidson.

0|0
    0|0
  • if i discover that my girlfriend did that to me, i would be really, really piss off...

1|0
    0|0
  • No that's wrong, you're essentially trying to brain washing them. A vast majority have an issue with sort of thing when the government, internet or news companies do it to us. So why should we do it to some you supposedly care about?

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a valid reason to end a relationship right there.

3|2
    0|0
  • If a guy would do this to girls, everyone would lose their minds...

0|2
    0|0
  • If you do that, you're a manipulative bitch, and deserve to get kicked out.

2|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't want to be with someone who did that to me

1|0
    0|0
  • If she does this she hasn't the right to complain if if I dump her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol passive aggressive brainwashing for a fee. Thats funny ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • Would be a wasted effort on me since I have adblocker and I never visit news websites to begin with

0|0
    0|0
  • Why have a relationship with such a gullible person?

0|0
    0|0
  • Them crazy bitches would

1|3
    0|0
  • It shouldn't be about control.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's pretty crappy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Avoid the controlling ones

0|0
    0|0
  • That's just creepy.

Simples...

1|0
    0|0
  • i have ad block

gg bitch

1|0
    0|0
  • WTF, it's sick

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd dump a girl who did this pretty quickly...

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow that’s disrespectful.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only while something's inside her head. Send it to my guy friends.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• Would you ever do this to your BF?

3|0
    0|0
  • Why would I? I know I'm sort of a control freak, but this goes waaayyyy beyond what's acceptable.

0|2
    0|0
  • That is psychotic behavior. How sad to have to manipulate someone’s love. UGH I’m disgusted by this.

1|1
    0|0
  • Why would anyone normal do this?

4|0
    0|0
    • Well let suppose your boyfriend has not propose to you as yet and your approaching 30 and want to get married.

• I wouldn't manipulate him to propose to me. What's the purpose of marriage if it's not honest? I don't wanna start my marriage with manipulation.

• No, let’s suppose he do asks you to marry , you will never know if he was brainwashed or if he really loves you

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. It has to be his idea but I'm not going to wait forever for him to decide.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never😂😂😂
    Its a cheap move plus it's creepy.

1|1
    0|0
  • Now why on earth would I do that?

1|1
    0|1
    • Ew wtf. That’s quite sick isn’t it? If I really need to INFLUENCE this dude to propose, it would mean I’m desperate and that the relationship is clearly not working.

• Fuck no
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    0|0
  • Heck no

1|0
    0|0
  • I would never do such an idiotic thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's real?

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s just wrong and controlling

1|0
    0|0
  • Hahah no.

0|0
    0|0
  • No...