What's your take on Yann Moix's comments, and the social media backlash to them? Do you agree or disagree that, over 50, women are "too old" to love?

What's your take on Yann Moix's comments, and the social media backlash to them? Do you agree or disagree that, over 50, women are
50yo award-winning French author, writer, director and presenter, Yann Moix, has stirred up great controversy in a recent interview with Marie Claire magazine, in which he stated he'd be "incapable of loving a woman aged 50 or above", since they were "too old. I prefer younger women's bodies, that's all. End of. The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all."

The comments have sparked an angry backlash on social media. Most notably, predictably enough, hundreds of women over 50 have been taking to social media and posting naked images of themselves to "show off their body confidence in protest". Including journalist Colombe Schneck, who posted (then later deleted) a photograph of her bottom with the caption: "Voila, the buttocks of a woman aged 52…what an imbecile you are, you don't know what you're missing..."

His Marie Claire interview also drew criticism for statements he made regarding his preference for dating Asian women - which he specified as "Koreans, Chinese and Japanese" in particular. "It's perhaps sad and reductive for the women I go out with but the Asian type is sufficiently rich, large and infinite for me not to be ashamed," he told the magazine.

Responding to the outrage, he's stood firm, telling RTL radio, he was not "responsible" for his taste in women. "I like who I like and I don't have to answer to the court of taste," he said, before joking he probably was not the best catch either. "50-year-old women do not see me either!" he told the station. "They have something else to do than to get around a neurotic who writes and reads all day long. It's not easy to be with me."

So, what's your take on Moix's remarks about his preferences for women, and on the social media reaction to them?
  • YES, he deserves a standing ovation, feast on the feminists' tears!
  • Typical PC liberal snowflakes trying to shame him for it, hope he stands firm
  • Sad, but true, no matter how much you try to spin it and dress it up
    Vote C
  • Whether it's true or not, it's way too offensive, and he shouldn't have said so
    Vote D
  • Obviously false, but hey, everyone's entitled to their own dating preferences
    Vote E
  • What a sad, pathetic, ugly old man, hope he dies alone
    Vote F
  • OMG, I'm SO offended, he should be hung, drawn and quartered!
    Vote G

06

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally consider it to not be true and that anyone can be capable of love 50+ but this guy has said "The body of a 25 year old woman is extraordinary, the body of a 50 year old woman is not extraordinary at all" this would suggest that he likes his women young which he also admits later on...

In some places this would be considered sex offender because he is saying he prefers the bodies of women half his age, that would be like if I said "I don't like 18 year olds, I prefer 9 year olds" Sound wrong, right?

But everyone to their own tastes, I'm just saying I think what he is saying is incorrect and maybe also inappropriately worded? :/