Should R. Kelly go to jail? Do you think he is guilty?

It is a rising controversial topic, so I’m curios where people stand on the subject and their reasoning for their opinion. The poll options below are opinions that I have heard so far on the matter, but if you have one that isn’t down there, please comment it. Should R. Kelly go to jail? Do you think he is guilty?
  • Yes, of course he’s guilty. He is a pedophile and should be arrested.
    Vote A
  • No, he is being falsely accused and should be left alone.
    Vote B
  • I don’t really know much about the subject
    Vote C
  • Even if he is guilty, they should leave him alone.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I’m seeing so many comments. Thank you all for contributing. I asked this question to bring the different opinions people have on these allegations to light. I have to believe that’s the people who are saying that he should not be charged are simply ill-informed or don’t want to be informed of all he has done. For the people who want to know more about this, watch the documentary, Surviving R. Kelly. Grown men sleeping with teenagers, promising to advance their careers is an abuse of power.
Grown men sleeping with young teenagers promising money, is abuse of power. Grown men, hiding behind fame, are cowards who should not be increasing in fame while the lives of teenagers are destroyed.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Kelly should have been in jail 20 years ago. I hope he gets what due him. And in prison, he will not fare well.

2|1
    1|0
  • i think the parents ought to for child endangerment. what kinda parent doesn't protect their kid especially when they know this man has been accused of that shit. and all the other people who knew about him and aaliyah and didn't do shit about it, those enablers should go to jail too

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• He married a 15 year old aaliyah. There is definetly something wrong with him but I haven't watched the documentary yet

0|0
    0|0
  • R. Kelly has been sexually assaulting women for over 20 years. Its time for him to go to jail. I could never understand why he has never been sentenced for these horrible crimes

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• yes, I remember hearing about this as long as 15 years ago. I'm surprised nothing ever happened

2|1
    0|0
    • 4d

I remember he was dating Aaliyah when she was like 15 in 94 he was like 25 lol

• I'm happy to say that I couldn't care less about R. Kelly. The ONLY thing that matters is if there was underage sex going on, especially without consent. He's not above the law, whether the age of consent makes sense or not.

2|0
    0|0
  • nope she is 15 the bible clearly states she is old enough
    she is not an idiot

plus she got famous lol

1|0
    3|0
    • The law says otherwise bc the Bible reffers to different times. Also this is only like one of the many girls that were assaulted. He raped and beat little girls. He was basically a pimp to little girls and eventually to his wives.

• Show All
    • If you watch the documentary, Surviving R. Kelly, the allegations also include rape and abuse. His ex wives are also in it and one of them talks about how he treated her as well.

• sorry hun
      I don't believe many of the fake scandels on TV
      women are accusing NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON of abuse

all evidence points to the fact that he hit on them AND THAT'S IT lol
      and some of it

just seems like simple joking
      HE DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH THEM LOL

hun remember FAKE NEWS IS CREATED
      watch this

start at 25 mins 30 seconds
      and you will see what im talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x15CE3pUbRM

• In America we don't put people in jail without due process of law. People are not convicted on social media sites.

If Kelly broke the law he should stand trial. Only then will the facts be known. The rest is speculation. This business of ruining someone's life over speculation is disgusting. It's lynch mob mentality. In America you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a whole lot of allegations, but at the same time, none of the alleged victims admitted any wrongdoing.
    So my guess is that at best they are bunch of hoes who got paid for whatever the guy is into.

0|0
    5|1
    • actually multiple victims have admitted to wrongdoing. high school girls have done interviews talking about how he'd wait outside of the schools to pick up chicks. parents have hired PIs to get their daughters back

• Show All
    • @madhatters4 15~17 year olds are not "children", you try and sentence 250,000 of them in courts as adults every year in the US.

• "you try" i don't do anything. and i have mixed feelings about it but at least those people committed crimes

15 is a child by the very laws of this country. by the laws of this country what he is doing is illegal. we have laws they should be enforced

but perhaps that's just me. assault, exploitation, rape of children has never been something i'm ok with

• This again? I not read into it but i do recall him having to pay off a 13 year old girls family in the 90s... and then released an album called "The Chocolate Factory"... not saying anything about his current problems...

0|0
    0|0
    • Only bc it hasn’t really been talked about on GAG. Also I didn’t understand how people could still support him so that’s why I asked so people could explain why they would.

• oh no this this again was meant as "oh my he being done for doing kids again!!" :) ask what you like :)

• Oh ok and yeah he’s a terrible person.

• Nah, all them hoes knew what they were getting themselves into.

0|0
    1|0
    • I honestly believe if one of those girls was your daughter, you’d be saying otherwise. He took advantage of their vulnerability resulting from their age. Their brain is not fully developed yet in the region that helps a person make decisions. He knew this and he used it to rape and abuse young girls.

• Show All
    • They're all just some hoes trying to cash in.

• Ok lol pls get your facts straight before you say what I’m saying is nonsense. You just sound ill-informed lol, but like I said... have a nice day

• He certainly seems like a hebephile - ephebophile. What he seems to engage teenage girls in is seriously wrong though and I really suspect it's the very reason why 18 is the age of consent

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. i don't know how he hasn't been busted multiple times already. it's fucked up... truly fucked

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know because there are statutes of limitation and if they didn't arrest him already for old stuff the cops simply screwed up the only chance is if they can tie him to doing it recently

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Well actually not recently but before the statute runs out

• I don't know who the hell is that. And I don't have the to do research on junkies. But if he is a pedo, into jail with him.

If he is not, then no.

Just like the law says.

0|0
    1|0
  • Dave chapelle take it away.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ZxdSXTLx8

0|0
    0|0
  • At what age is it ok for a human female to request some dick?

0|0
    1|0
  • I believe it... sexual stuff is so common amongst celebs... its bad lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Again? I thought the guy learned his lesson back in '95! Show me some ID

0|0
    0|0
  • He should go to jail and be put in with general population.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is guilty of at least some of the things he's accused of and should go to jail.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't care. Never have.

0|0
    1|0
  • Famous people don’t go to jail

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know anything about the subject

0|0
    0|0
  • he guilty as fuck, throw him in prison and give him a taste of his own medicine, i'm sure the dudes will love him there

1|0
    0|0
  • can someone explain to me why his sales, and listens went UP, not down?

1|0
    0|0
    • Bc many people still stand by him or don’t care enough about his allegations. This is why I’m asking this question. So that it can bring to light what is going on, so people will understand what kind of man he is and to know of all his allegations.

What Girls Said 5

• He's a master manipulator who's been getting away for a very long time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I strongly suspect he is guilty, but I don’t know enough to be certain.

0|0
    0|0
  • there’s enough evidence that if he doesn’t go to jail i’m going to be VERY concerned

0|0
    0|0
  • All pedophiles should burst into flames

0|0
    0|1
  • No!!! Let the man live!!!

0|0
    0|1
    • I’m 15 myself and I just can’t understand how they aren’t competent enough. I’m not buying it.

Recommended myTakes