Should President Trump declare a National Emergency on the border wall?

Should President Trump declare a National Emergency on the border wall?
  • Yes he should for against drugs, gangs and human trafficking.
    Vote A
  • No he should not since the Democrats can use it on climate change or their pet projects.
    Vote B
  • Yes he should so 850000 people can get their paychecks.
    Vote C
  • Who cares.. on this opition plesse say why.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What kind of scum bag idiot doesn't want a physical barrier when a lack of physical barrier is enabling tens of thousands of people to victim to Drug Crime, Rape, Murder, Human trafficking slavery etc..

Not to mention the social cost on the poorest people having their wages driven down and suppressed and overwhelming the social services they need..

0|3
    1|0
    • 6d

Stopped taking you seriously after "scum bag idiot"

Try giving an intelligent response without attacking people next time~

• Show All
    • 5d

@hhues well then, good thing I did it for a entirely appropriate reason.

• 5d

Sure you did.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• You forgot an option:

No, because it's a waste of money and it's not a national emergency.

Most illegal immigrants came here legally and have just extended their stay. Drugs mostly come in through approved checkpoints, not the border.

1|5
    0|0
  • No. It was already proven that most drugs are actually entering at the already declared checkpoints to enter the US and gangs are actually more inland rather than around our border. As for human trafficking, that's going to happen no matter what and they can pass through legal checkpoints with the girls. He's just trying to get brownie points on actually accomplishing something before the next election.

3|3
    0|0
  • No because it's not a national emergency. He's throwing a tantrum because he isn't getting his way.

5|11
    0|6
  • No. Tbh crime has actually gone down. Trump is delusional.

3|2
    0|0
  • No.
    trump needs to just leave

5|10
    1|8
  • This poll is biased.

6|8
    0|0
  • It's should be funded via a non partisan manner

0|5
    0|1
    • Trump is rich, why can't he pay for it if he feels so strongly about it?

• Show All
    • 7d

Unless im incorrect, the money has to be approved by Congress. Trump's money or GoFundMe donations can't legally be used (if I understand correctly).

• 6d

@Sixgun77 I'm not certain if the GoFundMe funds can be used or not, you are most likely correct they can't. Yes, the funds were originally approved in 2006 for a total of 50 Billion but Obama never authorized the use of the funds and thus died for lack of use.

• he should declare his resignation

1|4
    0|1
  • "C" For COMPROMISE. xxoo

0|0
    0|0
  • As others have pointed out, this poll is clearly biased as there is no, "no" option. As someone who lives in an area that has actually frequently been declared a national emergency, let me tell you...you look those people in the eyes who have had their homes destroyed and tell them that the money that could have gone to them is now going to build a wall rather than actually help them rebuild their lives so they can actually have one after REAL emergencies.

I'm certainly not standing on a bench and screaming don't do anything, open the gates and let anyone in, but this is NOT a national emergency that requires immediate funding as there have been many other solutions including actually hiring more people and new advanced technology available that can help w/o a wall that are being bull dozed because one man is so hell bent on building a wall---or what is he saying now, a steal fence. Drugs, terrorists, and illegal immigrants are getting into this country by land, sea, and air, but all this focus on one area is ignoring all the rest. Should we now build a a net over American so that we won't allow planes in?

1|3
    0|0
  • No, because it's not a national emergency. It's not even how most illegal immigrants get here.

The wall is not going to do what he says it will. It's fucking bullshit. And he really only wants to build it to make himself look good to his base of deplorable fucking racists.

3|2
    0|0
  • I take it you’re a trump supporter and republican

2|5
    1|3
    • 7d

Wild guess or insider information?

• 7d

@MarketData Clearly a biased poll. Don’t know why I have downvoted it’s just a fact

What Guys Said 31

• He shouldn't declare national emergency because he can't get what he wants. As an analogy, he's essentially an infant crying because he can't get his shiny new toy

4|9
    0|2
  • HR 6061 Secure Fence Act passed - 2006
    "Authorizes the construction of hundreds of miles of additional fencing along our Southern border; Authorizes more vehicle barriers, checkpoints, and lighting to help prevent people from entering our country illegally; Authorizes the Department of Homeland Security to increase the use of advanced technology like cameras, satellites, and unmanned aerial vehicles to reinforce our infrastructure at the border."

Of the 50billion approved for this only a small portion was spent.

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer voted for this money but Obama did not use it as prescribed by Congress.

The justification was at that time, and is still valid today, that terrists, drugs and child trafficking are pooring acrss our southern border.

The Organization of American States estimated that the revenue for cocaine sales in the U. S. was $34 billion in 2013. The Office of National Drug Control Policy estimates that $100 billion worth of illegal drugs were sold in the U. S. in 2013.[2]

Showtime’s new five-part documentary series The Trade details the lives behind the headlines and statistics regarding the War on Drugs. Drug trafficking is the most lucrative illegal trade and every day more than 115 Americans die after overdosing on opioids. This is a national crisis that effects public health, as well as social and economic welfare. The National Institute on Drug Abuse estimates the economic burden in the U. S. is $78.5 billion a year, which includes the costs of healthcare, addiction treatment, lost productivity and the involvement of law enforcement.

1|1
    0|1
  • I chose "who cares" because frankly I wasn't given an option for:" No, Trump should not declare a state of national emergency because the wall is an idiotic idea, a waste of this country's time, money and resources and Trump is being pigheaded and immature for shutting down the government because basically America and our representatives in Congress don't agree with his three stooges like idea for solving immigration issues.

1|2
    0|0
  • No, it would be a massive abuse of power for something that isn't a crisis.

3|6
    0|0
    • 7d

I would say an already attempted invasion and intense crime on the border would constitute a crisis.

• 7d

Trump called it an invasion. It was not an invasion. They were merely people seeking rescue, they were fleeing, that is what the term refugees means. They’re not going to attack you, it is actually proven that immigration is good for the economy of western nations so I don’t understand why you would see them trying to come to your country as an invasion

• 7d

An invasion is when a group of people cross into a different territory with the intent of capturing it for their own country or similar thing. That is not happening, this is just people wanting to leave awful situations behind and become a part of American society. Not an invasion in the slightest.

• So I searched up whats going on currently and what the heck? A government shutdown because of a wall. I don't know much about the politics of America, but I really think someone else should be steering your ship.

3|3
    0|1
  • Nice biased poll. Just like all of pro Trump polls.

5|8
    1|2
  • No he should not, let's hope the USA is a more adult country than when the Russians cut Berlin in 2 with a wall after World War 2.
    The Democrat solution will be much cheaper, more respectful and very effective!

1|2
    0|0
  • It would be ridiculous.

The number of illegal immigrants in the United States is down vs several years ago.

Crime in border counties is below the US average.

The DEA has stated that something like 98% of drugs come via a port of entry and they’re down anyway since marijuana was the biggest category and more of that is now domestic.

So there’s literally no hint of an emergency.

Even if there -was- an emergency building a wall is like a 15 year engineering project which is not exactly a “quick its an emergency so I have to take control of the national budget because there’s not enough time for congress to do it” scenario.

1|6
    0|1
  • It wasn't an emergency when the GOP had control of both the house and Senate for the last two years when they should have been able to get the votes for it. Now that they don't have control of the house, it is suddenly an "emergency"? Why?

0|2
    0|0
  • If there is a state of emergency it is a direct result of Trump's policies. The real emergency is that the President has lost touch with reality.

2|3
    0|0
  • Why couldn't you include a No. option? I'm on board for the wall. But the ridiculousness of shutting down the government (again as past administrations have) and threatening a national emergency needs to stop.

0|1
    0|0
  • The wall will be ineffective and Mexican immigrants aren't even the immigrants that will cause us the most issues.

Beware of Islamic or third world immigrants before Mexicans.. the latter will do your dirty jobs for cheap.

0|1
    0|0
  • Or no because a boarder wall will do nothing to stop people with a fence and or rope. To those who will say "I would like to see them carry a ladder across the desert" might I remind you that these things come apart.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

I am pretty sure I typed a ladder and a rope but oh well.

• A wall don't work, there is a famous wall that got torn down in 1991. If someone really want to go somewhere then a wall would not stop them. Ever heard about ladders? Or even ropes?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes , Yes , Yes and put the Democrats under house arrest for Treason

0|3
    6|8
    • 7d

What does this have to do with them?

The shutdown started under republicsan congress and senate and president.

Sure democrats have congress now but just today the WH shot down an attempted deal between the republican senate and congressional minority. There is nothing for democrats to oppose because there is nothing the republicans can pass the levels they control.

• 7d

@0112358 Democrats want the shutdown, like illegals coming in to country, always take funds from military , at times told the enemy where are troops were, Tipped off illegals when ICE was going to raid them, have gone to talk to world leaders to undermine current President. That is Treason and the punishment should be death.

• 7d

I don’t think anyone is capable of undermining trump to global leaders. They all consider him a tantrum throwing toddler.

For a nice sample of that watch him signing the USMCA with the heads of Canada and Mexico. Watch the conversation with Trudeau while signing.

• I don't care what country it is. Every single leader of a country must defend their country. Period.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that Trump lacks any Morales and any sense of common decency!

0|1
    0|0
  • He ultimately has to do what he has to do for America's well-being and security.

0|0
    0|5
  • We all know that you are pushing an agenda pal

0|0
    0|0
  • Is that you, Alex Jones?

3|5
    0|0
  • No he is a jack ass

1|3
    1|5
  • I don’t care
    Coz I’m german

0|0
    0|0
  • no..

1|0
    1|0
  • Yes please

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know. Pretty sure it will be challenged in the courts.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

sorry wrong question

• Fuck the democraps

0|1
    2|2
  • fuck no. guys a cuck

1|2
    1|5