Florida senate passes bill, allowing teachers to be armed, your thoughts?

3177

Most Helpful Guys

• Good. The idea that we need to be terrified of teachers having guns despite the fact that we trust them with our childrens lives under all other circumstances is moronic to say the least. Further more we also know for a fact that banning guns doesn't work, that if some one has intent to kill, it being also illegal to have a gun (or to bring one into a school) is not going to be a deterent and we know this because school shootings exist (albiet rarely). So the notion that some one might have a bigger gun and therefore you, or in this case the teacher and children, should have absolutely no way to defend themselves is again, moronic. Its about time we started doing this.

• I am in favor of this concept provided that teachers who object are not required to carry firearms. A law enforcement respone can never be as quick as teachers who are already on the premises. Why would anyone oppose something that can protect our children?

Of course, there is some opposition from the left, because the only action acceptable to them would be a repeal of the Second Amendment. Anything that solves the problem without abolishing gun ownership is unacceptable to them. (Of course, if we make private ownership of guns illegal, criminals will continue to have guns and law abiding citizens will not; how does that solve this problem?)

• 8 d ago

Yes, this entire thing is voluntary. Teachers who do want to carry, must go through a screening process that involves background checks, psychological evaluation, and training at the their county sheriff’s office/department. The crazy thing is, other states already allow concealed carry on college/university campus, with ZERO incidents or crimes committed by a concealed permit holder, in any of these states. The issue here is not whether teachers should carry, it’s whether the processes vetting the teachers and training are adequate enough to turn out responsible and trained personnel. Teachers are just human beings. Many have demonstrated that they’re willing to risk their lives for their students in dire situations. With proper training and a vetting process, I think this can turn out to be a great thing.

• 8 d ago

✊✊✊✊

• 6 d ago

Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't have much knowledge regarding this subject, but reading the articles you provided, I think its a good idea, to have a means to protect the kids against the mass shooting.