How do you feel about Alabama's most recent abortion law?

This new anti-abortion law in Alabama is a so bad and fucked up, that they even made it illegal for r@pe and incest victims and women on their impending death to have abortions.
new anti-abortion law in Alabama
new anti-abortion law in Alabama
www.nytimes.com/.../abortion-law-women.html
  • Thank God I don't live in that inbred hellhole state.
    Vote A
  • If I were a woman living in Alabama, I'd move out as soon as possible.
    Vote B
  • I have no opinion of this.
    Vote C
  • I agree with the law.
    Vote D
  • Others
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

3|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• But yet we can't invest more in more ways to try to solve the opioid crisis in a better manner

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that if a man is interested in having children then he should actually get to know the woman and her beliefs. I told my boyfriend that I personally am not into having kids but if it were to happen I wouldn’t abort. I told him I am on bc and me being upfront about my beliefs should allow him to always take his precautionary methods if he doesn’t want kids. And if it ever came down to it, for him not to expect me to have an abortion. That’s my case. I believe that women should be able to decide what happens with their bodies because no one is telling a guy that he can’t get a vasectomy (hence “killing” his potential kids). I do not agree with late term abortions. Early stage is still so early that even the pregnancy itself is highly susceptible to a natural miscarriage. At the end of the day, I think of it this way, if a pregnant woman is murdered and whoever murdered her is guilty of a double homicide, then at at stage it shouldn’t legal to abort. Because it’s hypocritical to penalize someone for “taking” a life and not consider that same baby a life just because the mother chose to terminate it. But ultimately, men have made decisions for us and still continue to. We don’t have any jurisdiction over their bodies and what they do with it, and neither should they. If they don’t want their future child aborted, he should get to know the person he’s being intimate with and establish whether he can deal with her beliefs or not. Point blank period.

5|3
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

And a little late, but I’d like to add that is saddening that they take away a woman’s rights and DEMAND she carries a rapist’s child. Telling her that she shouldn’t blame the child and take the blessing. But these people aren’t there when rapists have rights and can come and demand to be in that child’s life! It’s sad that people would rather take rights away from women for being “selfish” yet can’t move a muscle to make it illegal for a rapist to come and demand paternity rights to a child he produced without the consent of the person that had to carry, suffer changes and adapt/rearrange her for life for it.

• The law was specifically designed to challenge Roe v Wade. The language, the law and everything in it were designed to be brought before the Supreme Court. While I don’t agree with the law as written I believe it has a good chance of ending up before the Supreme Court and ending the abomination of free endless McDonalds style abortion that pervades the left. To that end I believe it may be necessary.

3|8
    0|0
  • I agree with it. USA has become way too loose, it’s time they tighten the system up a bit. Abortion in most cases is not needed at all, in fact the VAST MAJORITY is simply just murder. By making something like abortion legal, ultimately you are promoting the murder of innocents.

2|7
    8|4
    • 4 d ago

I just made a post yesterday where an Abortionist admitted it was all about the money.

• Show All
    • 3 d ago

@betaTester chill out guys and respect each other, each person have a different point of view...

• 2 d ago

@betaTester - I think it is very difficult for a 10 year to get pregnant their body has not developed enough but she can defiantly be sexually assaulted…. It is a shame we are letting the worst of society to have access to our children this is the LBTG community who what the youngest of our children to distort them and destroy their lives alone with Planned Parenthood who wants children to have babies so they can abort them and make a lot of money. I was just thinking this morning in my town of 30,000 when I grew up only one kid had a divorced mother now…. Is it 50%?

• Lol, if I lived there and got pregnant against my will or wasn't emotionally and economically ready to have a child my ass wouldn't hesitate to fly to Canada or any other state in the us where abbortion is legal, and get an abortion. An injust law isn't gonna stop me.🖕😂🖕

6|3
    0|1
  • You know you’re living in a fucked up society when women rejoice over laws that sanction the murder of full term babies, and rage over laws that prevent it.

3|7
    9|4
    • Show All
    • 5 d ago

The United States Constitution protects criminals from cruel and unusual punishment, and promises its citizens LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. How, then, can we contradict ourselves by denying those very rights to the innocent lives of the unborn? This issue is not as complex as the feminists try to make it seem. This is 1% about healthcare and 99% about wanting to live in whatever way they please without consequence. Convenience does not and should not take precedence over a human life.

• 5 d ago

We underestimated how badly women wanted be free from the consequences of there own actions

• I hope it stays and other states follow. We should have never been ok with sacrificing our children do to irresponsibility. If a woman is raped she can take the plan b pill to greatly lessen the chance of pregnancy. But if she does I would hope she would remember it's still her baby. A part of her. there's plenty of good people out there that would take that child. I doubt the law will stay. But I pray it does.

2|6
    10|2
    • 5 d ago

Follow me back?

• Show All
    • 2 d ago

You have never read what written on the package of the pills? lol "while the pill works principally by stopping ovulation (release of an egg) or fertilization, it may also prevent implantation of a fertilized egg by altering the lining of the uterus"

I had to point out that's what the rapist doesn't do, because you seem like someone who wouldn't be able to understand it.

• 2 d ago

But it's still not a fertilized egg in the womb growing with a heart beat. As far as I'm concerned a baby has life when it has a beating heart. We are considered dead when our heart stops. I'm all for preventing a pregnancy from happening. And with today's contraceptives most can be prevented if men and women would actually be responsible and stop using abortions as birth control. My heart goes out to rape victims. I've been there. I luckily didn't get pregnant. However if I did, and God knows I worried until I could take a pregnancy test, if it had been positive I would not kill my innocent baby. And I hope my daughter wouldn't either if it happened to her someday. It's a human innocent life with a heartbeat proving its life.

• That's not true though? They have exceptions for rape and incest and the original definitely had exceptions for risk to the mother: www.al.com/.../...et-key-committee-vote-today.html

You and the media, are intentionally misrepresenting the ban. Its okay to disagree with it but at least be honest about what is actually in the bill instead of making things up and sensationalizing it. Now to be fair, I agree with greater restrictions on abortions because quite frankly the only way your getting pregnant is by personal choice and with the ease of getting contraceptives (of many different kinds) their really is not reason why any one should be getting pregnant unless its either intentional or the just being lazy. Now if the ban actually did have no exceptions due to rape or what have you, yes that would be unacceptable but that's not the case. You can argue that its not enough time (six weeks), I think that's an argument that one can have about it (though I don't think that much more time should be needed and again, if your pregnant unless it was rape it was because of your own choices (so why kill an unborn child that only exists because you forced it into existence (seems rather messed up, to punish it for your own actions)), but other wise I don't see why its a big issue except in that its essentially demanding that people actually take responsibility for their actions.

0|2
    0|0
    • 5 d ago

People only see red on and issue and ignore all the facts. Either way, it's a complicated moral personal issue. Other than rape or incest people would rather just abort. I actually have a friend had a really bad first pregnancy and had to get surgery. Now she has 3 kids. She's glad she didn't opt for abortion. Personally, I'm I wouldn't get someone pregnant who I didn't for sure want a child with and know she wanted a child as well.

• 5 d ago

@StellarDrift Well my stance has always been that with all the different ways of preventing the pregnancy to begin with you have few excuses to get pregnant beyond just poor decisions on your part ergo you should take responsibility (because quite frankly the other option is kill a fetus that only exists because you where irresponsible (which is a little messed up (your effectively forcing it into existence then immediately ending its existence simply because of yet further poor decisions, seems needlessly cruel)). I think their absolutely should be exceptions under certain conditions (like rape, its not a good situation, some one gets hurt regardless but I don't think its moral to demand that some one suffer the crime of rape only to be forced to live with the consequences of some one elses actions so it should be on her what she does). Their are also sever consequences to abortion (which the pro abortion side completely ignores or actively attempts to obfuscate) like increased rates of depression (much of it life long) and increased rates of miscarriage if the abortion was the first pregnancy (weakens the muscles in the cervix I guess making it more likely to give and open under certain conditions) etc. But its true that people tend to be blinded by ideology and thus prone to ignoring facts sadly.

• -Should we make a law that forces people to donate their organs if they could save someone else's life?
    -No, absolutely not, what about body autonomy?
    -Oh, and how about a law that forces women to go through pregnancy?
    - YES, IT SHOULD BE THE LAW EVERYWHERE

Anti-choice people just lack in any brain. They clearly don't understand the concept of bodily autonomy

4|1
    0|1
    • 4 d ago

Ehhhhh, I actually don’t disagree with mandatory organ donership, or at least automatic registration with the option to deregister. I mean, your dead.

• Show All
    • 4 d ago

@curiousnorway
      That's basically saying that you lose your body autonomy rights when you agree to have sex.
      Contraception fails. EVERY contraception can fail. Consent to sex is NOT a consent to pregnancy. And anyone who thinks that people should be denied the right to have sex (basic human need) are sick.

• 4 d ago

@curiousnorway - Actually, your argument is very flawed. Let's see... you begin with #1. Where is #2?
      "Pregnancy is a choice in 99% of the cases." Nope. Sexual activity is a choice in most of the cases, but not getting pregnant. And many of those choosing sex are not legally able to make that choice.
      But let us forget for the moment the women that are able to choose and choose to have sex. What about those who are raped? According to the Alabama law, the rapist faces almost no consequences, and the gal must accept the pregnancy. One case of an 11 year old pregnant by her father is now by law forced to carry to term. And if it is found that the fetus is not developing properly, still forced to carry. I read about one woman finding that her fetus had a disease that would allow it to develop till birth, but it would then die a very slow and painful death. Sure, that is very rare, but the law allows NO exceptions. It takes very cruel, sadistic people to pass such laws with not exceptions.

• Abortion is not the only thing being criminalized with these bills passing in alabama, ohio and georgia.

birth control? punishable by prison time.
    miscarriages? punishable by prison time.
    traveling to another state where it is not a felony to have an abortion, to have a safe abortion? punishable by prison time.

A 12 year old girl was raped, impregnated, and is now being FORCED to COPARENT with her attacker.

4|3
    1|1
    • 5 d ago

They actually said the purpose of this bill is to go to court and try an get roe v wade overturned

• Show All
    • 5 d ago

Can you send me the legal codes so I can look them up? That way you can clarify this right here and now.

If you can’t or won’t, nobody has any reason to listen to or believe you.

• 4 d ago

@Paige90 sweetheart I didn't get that from either of those news sites. I read the actual law myself.

• Pissed. This is ridiculous.

A woman has the right to do what she wants with her body and not have someone speak for her.

I do believe it will get appealed though, it won't last

6|5
    0|2
    • 5 d ago

Her body yes... the body of the living creature inside her... NO.
      The male is 50% of that life and should have just as much say.

But see it isn't about the females body, if we could take that child out of you when you didn't want it and raise it in an artificial womb, women would find reasons to stop it. It's about control and preventing men from rights.

• Show All
    • 4 d ago

@goodlongman No, i mean exactly what I said. If I meant y'all wanted to stop the murder of the most innocent in society I would have lied about how you're making efforts to stop school shootings.

• 4 d ago

Agreed @normalalice!

Im republican but am for abortion. This who thing saying its murder is ridiculous to me, especially since most of the time its done when its a fetus. Not even alive yet!

• I don't like the idea State of Alabama saying no too abortion.
    And here are my reasons.
    1. Rape
    2. Not having money to take care of the baby.
    3. It is not right time.
    4. Your partner leaves you.
    5. Plus a lot of other.

3|2
    3|3
    • 6 d ago

Not to mention the amount of emotional and possibly physical torture this would subject to the poor child when he/she realizes that he/she is unwanted and his/her father is a rapist.

• First - and I say this as no fan of President Trump - you are Exhibit A for why the Democrats lost the WH in 2016 and if the attitude of condescension persists are apt to do it again.

"Clinging to guns and religion." The "Deplorables." It was not sufficient to have an honest serious moral and political argument, it was necessary to demean of whole class of people. To wit, the Democrats lost the lower middle income and blue collar voters who had once been the very backbone of the Democratic party. The Trump presidency to follow.

Your arrogance - not to mention your moral unseriousness - if replicated again this election, will mean a second Trump presidency. Indeed, the difference between Mr. Trump and open minded liberals such as yourself is less than you seem to understand.

Second, on the abortion question, I will cheat a bit and offer my reply to another question in this site: What do you think about abortion?

Third, as to this specific law it is, whatever one thinks of the merits of Roe v. Wade, unconstitutional on its face. As even the Governor of Alabama admits and is why the law is - at this point - unenforceable.

By the way, even Justice Ginsburg - arguably the Supreme Court's most liberal (as Americans use the term "liberal") - has argued that the majority opinion in Roe v. Wade, while she supports the outcome, was too sweeping and poorly reasoned. It is possible to get a result one supports based on faulty reasoning. The broken clock being right twice a day and all that.

It is that point that is generating laws like that in Alabama. The states are passing these laws in the hopes of bringing the abortion case back to the Supreme Court. The assumption being that there exists a majority now to overturn Roe.

That is almost certainly wrong. While the Court does indeed have a conservative majority, that majority both thinks Roe poorly reasoned and is also committed to precedent and stare decisis. To wit, precedent matters and while the Court might over time narrow the scope of abortion rights, after more than 40 years it is not apt, as a matter of constitutional law, to abolish them.

Indeed, paradoxically, laws like that in New York - which skirt the line of endorsing infanticide - are much more likely to set the stage for the restriction on abortion rights than anything Alabama has passed. In truth, there is likely not even the 4 votes on the Court necessary to hear the Alabama law. It will be ruled - obviously - unconstitutional in a lower court and the Supreme Court's majority will not quibble with that.

New York, on the other hand, runs afoul of the third trimester and viability limits on abortion that have become precedent by default. That more obviously opens abortion rights to court challenge than does something so already obviously foreclosed as what Alabama did.

Throw in that the country - as a matter of public opinion - is broadly opposed to abortion in the third trimester and the New York law is much more likely to lead to the restriction on abortion rights. In that there is more than a touch of irony and all the brouhaha over Alabama should not cause advocates on either side to lose sight of the real legal arguments as against the silly media hype.

However, as the sour and self-aggrandizing tone of your question suggests, the presumption of the moral superiority of one's own side will cloud political judgment. The result is likely that those in Alabama will be disappointed by what their side's action produces.

Indeed, in the short term may have political costs on the national stage. The nation is broadly pro-choice - except in the third trimester where it is emphatically opposed. However, in the end, overreach in places like NY will do for Alabama what Alabama could not do for itself.

0|1
    1|2
  • Withdraw all sexual activity with guys. See how long they last!

Alternatively, use you effin' votes to get rid of the lawmakers!

9|0
    2|0
    • 5 d ago

Pfft, women need sex just as much if not more than men.

And really... do you think the people who created and voted for this law would be disappointed to hear it inspired a new wave of abstinence?

• Show All
    • 5 d ago

@lnghrn_fan88 No, then they'd just abort more.

• 4 d ago

I look back at this reply everytime I feel like I need a good laugh

• It will get overturned by the circuit courts. If the circuit courts have disagreeing opinions it will go to the Supreme Court and the Supreme court will either say "This was already covered by Roe v Wade, rethink your opinion" and send it back down to the circuit court that disagreed with Roe V Wade. (Most likely)

Or the Supreme Court will hear new arguments and decide based on what it hears.

The Supreme Court is not likely to overrule their prior decision. on Roe V Wade.

Roe V Wade was decided in favor of abortion with 6 Republican appointed Justices and 3 Democrat. 2 of the Republicans dissented.

The current court is 5 Republican appointees and and 4 Democrat appointees.

While Roberts, the Chief Justice, has sided with some limitations to abortions, such as partial birth abortions, he sided with funding of Planned Parenthood. He also refused to join with Thomas's opinion that Roe V Wade should be reversed.

So we easily have the 4 Democrats that would vote it down and Roberts as likely to agree with them. But, Kavanaugh agreed with Robert's opinion on the Planned Parenthood decision. Which means that the likely 5 to 4 in favor of overturning Alabama's law may even be a 6 to 3.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anyone who agrees with this law is sick and Disgusting. An 11 year old rape victim couldn’t even get an abortion. She’s a baby herself. Hell if you’re so against abortion then get a vasectomy.

9|2
    1|1
  • It's a shame that a woman who was rapped can't abort the fetus and will now face a felony. It's a damn shame.
    We all know how hard it will be for a product of rape to live knowing that they're a rape child. A damn shame.
    The real question should be : are they going to pay for all of the therapy needed for these children. Nope. They won't.

4|1
    1|2
    • 5 d ago

Stop lying. Under no circumstances will the women be held accountable only the doctor. The law say so

• Show All
    • 5 d ago

Before birth it is a fetus, after it is a baby. At no point is it ok to tell either they are a product of rape.

• 5 d ago

Up_64 thanks but I was replying to the other person saying how hard it is to live knowing your a product of rape. I hate the man who got me pregnant, but the resulting child if it had lived wouldn't have been told they were a product of rape as mentally scarring your child is horrible.

• I'm agree with the law and it's one of the most humane abortion laws that have ever been made where it's the doctors who would be held responsible for the abortions. Since women often doesn't know what an abortion is all about and doctors not always telling all the details, it would be fair to only hold the doctors responsible until the information gets improved and more widespread. In addition they allows exceptions like if it's a danger for the mother's health.

Abortion is in generally speaking an inhumane practice where they're not only ending a life of another human being, but also doing it in a painful way were they're tearing the limbs to the child apart, crushing the head and so on. When they use medications instead of surgeries the child would be starved and choked to death because of the nutrition and airways would be blocked in addition to the acid similar medication would have a corrosive effect on the child. So they're basically getting eaten up by burning "acid".

That's what the pro-choicers are technically supporting and how an abortion is performed. It's also important to not forget the amount of women regretting abortion and that doesn't speak up because of fear of feminism-shaming.

0|0
    4|4
    • 6 d ago

There is all of the information freely available, what you are saying that basically people can't be held responsible for their decisions and let's put the blame on educated doctors whose goal is to work in the best interest of their patient. Cool. Are we really regressing to the dark ages.

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

@morimeme1, the doctors knows how an abortion is performed and can therefor be held responsible. The women however who's used to see a lot of feminist-propaganda, advertisements etc. don't know how an abortion is performed in many cases.

• 6 d ago

Well it should be in the regulations for the doctor to inform the patient about how it happens, it is that simple, not giving the 2 years in prison for that.

• Why can't they ban wars, genocides, guns and drugs? If they care about the human life, there are so many things they can ban other than abortions. There are literally living human beings getting killed and people starving, there are so many we can do if we care about the human life.
    If people care more about unborn babies than living humans that means they are just anti-women.

3|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

Drugs are illegal.
      Genocide is illegal, but because of evil men this leads to war.
      No one wants war but there are evil men who do.
      But the question you must ask yourself is: Why do you want to kill babies?

• Saudi Alabama..

These prolifers should be arrested or put through a sword for trying to dictate what a woman should do with her body.
    Usually its these inbred Catholics or Christians who preach pro-life and they should stick to their beliefs not try to push it down women's throats.

A foetus is NOT a life. And I can decide to remove it I want to. If people respect life so much then stop killing animals , eating meat, torturing gay people as all these HAVE LIFE.

Fucking #inbredprolifers

6|2
    1|5
    • 5 d ago

OH?

www.breakingchristiannews.com/.../display_art.html
      MOTHER ESCAPES ABORTION BY JUMPING OUT ABORTION FACILITY WINDOW
      Thaddeus Baklinski : Dec 10, 2013 LifeSiteNews. com

"Not only have those who were trying to force her to abort changed their minds but they are now positively supporting and helping her and doing what they can to help improve the baby's chances of survival. Ana believes that this change of heart is solely due to prayer and so do we…" –Good Counsel Network Staff

London window (London, UK)—Sidewalk counselors praying outside a London abortion center during the 40 Days for Life vigil witnessed an astounding event when a woman who said she was being forced to abort, escaped from the facility by jumping out of a ground floor window. (File photo/random window)

The report from the UK's Good Counsel Network said that after speaking with the woman, the counselor began to pray and asked others to pray for the woman as she went into the abortion clinic…

Soon after the woman came out and spoke to the counselor again, stressing once more that she was being forced to end her pregnancy.

Witnesses said the people with her came out and started threatening the counselor and also insisting that the woman must abort, despite her pleas that she wanted to keep her baby.

"She returned into the abortion center and then began ringing our center frantically," the counselor reported. "At this point we called the police. The police arrived and went inside to speak to the woman and those accompanying her."

"By now we had begun to spread the word to our prayer supporters and asked for prayers for the woman," the counselor continued.

"While the police were inside the abortion center, the woman leaped out of the ground floor window and cleared three fences to escape! She later contacted our center where she received some support and help," the counselor said.

Read the rest of this remarkable story by Clicking Here.

• Show All
    • 5 d ago

@justsomeperson2u it doesn't matter. What matters is , it is not a developed baby. It's still a fetus hence no rights and no question of murder

• 5 d ago

.. even though in 9 months it would be a baby. You people are cold blooded murderers. If someone went back 50ish years in a time machine on national television and said, "I think I'll abort the pro-abortion people" I guess you people would be saying... "Well I guess it's my moms choice"

Where doesn it stop? new born baby abortion? toddler? 5year old?

FACT CHECK: After Birth Abortion - snopes. com
      www.snopes.com/fact-check/after-birth-abortion
      Jul 29, 2015 · The circumstances, the authors state, where after-birth abortion should be considered acceptable include instances where the newborn would be putting the well-being of the family at risk.

Ohio abortion "heartbeat bill": Pregnant 11-year-old rape victim couldn't get an abortion in Ohio after new Ohio abortion bill takes effect
      www.cbsnews.com/.../ohio-abortion-heartbeat-bill-pregnant-11-year-old-rape
      May 13, 2019 · Abortions after 20 weeks into a pregnancy are prohibited in the state, and minors, like the 11-year-old rape victim, must obtain parental consent, or argue their case to a judge.
      After-Birth Abortion: The pro-choice case for infanticide.
      slate. com/technology/2012/03/after-birth-abortion-the-pro-choice-case-for...
      Mar 12, 2012 · An after-birth abortion might be warranted by any “interests of actual people (parents, family, society) to pursue their own well-being”—including “the interests of the mother who might...
      After-birth Abortion - Popular Issues
      www.allaboutpopularissues.org/...irth-abortion.htm
      After-birth Abortion. After-Birth Abortion: A New Controversy Erupts After-birth Abortion is self-descriptive and extremely controversial. The proposal is that after a baby is born, the child’s life is terminated. Two Australian academic bioethicists contend in the Journal of Medical Ethics: “We claim that killing a newborn could be ethically...
      Author: Sue

-You people are arrogant beyond all comprehension. This kind of shit didn't use to exist. Now is does and is getting worse.

• I honesty don't care because it doesn't affect me.

I think it's a good thing because now women won't just have sex with anyone and they will be more responsible

7|4
    6|1
    • 4 d ago

I mean, I agree that there is a lack of responsibility but that is a black and white way of looking at it. People will always make mistakes, especially given Alabama probably doesn’t have sex ed in school.

• 4 d ago

Even if a woman is responsible about it, contraception can fail. It happens all the time. Besides, rape is a thing. You know that, right? So would you say either of those instances are due to a woman being irresponsible?
      Not to mention the fact that the guy is just as responsible for organising protection or making sure they're ready to have sex. Why shouldn't guys stop just having sex with anyone? Oh wait, cause they can't get pregnant (unless they're trans), so most of them don't care.

• 4 d ago

@Friendlyunclefred Most dont care? Mmmmmmm. I use to work with a guy who, because his child lived in california which just uses a flat child support amount, and given that where he lived wasn't california, the flat amount was outrageous compared to his mcdonalds salary. He paid so much in child support that he needed to live in his car and every 4-6 months he would go to jail for not being able to afford the child support which totaled over half of his income. Furthermore, the reason the kid lived in California was because the court did not impose any requirement for the mother to live in the state. The kid was almost 4 and the last time he had seen the kid was a few days after it was born.

Trust me, most guys care if they get someone pregnant, and regardless of what you think MOST places let the woman change their mind, NO WHERE lets the man change his. I support abortion completely, but there is a completely different standard of responsibility.

• Pro life. I'm not letting irresponsible women use the horrible experience of rape victims to justify avoiding responsibility for piss poor decisions. Most women today who get abortions due not make up rape/incest occurrence. Most abortions being done today are women who having irresponsible sex and to use the plight of rape victims as your get out jail free card is disgusting to me and you loose all my respect as a woman.

2|3
    6|3
    • 5 d ago

Irresponsible women? What about the men then who don't wrap their dicks up? Aren't they equally irresponsible and should be held just as accountable?

• Show All
    • 3 d ago

www.theguardian.com/.../crime.penal
      We aren't just talking about people (and if we were, you are right), we are talking about kids as well. No parent at home means they have no supervision meaning risky behavior anyway. The single mother could be a CEO and it won't matter, child is more likely to be a criminal or horrible person because no one told them otherwise.

• 3 d ago

@BrittBratt2416 and I already told you why I thought you were a Republican. I am not completely Democrat myself. I am an Andrew Yang supporter. POWER POINT 2020. thehill.com/.../442301-crowd-erupts-into-chants-of-powerpoint-after-yang-pledges-to-use-powerpoint

• I chose "no opinion" but then I read that it's illegal even for rape victims and women in impending death, and yeah that's awful.
    Rape victims don't deserve to be retraumatized every day for 9 months with a reminder of the rape, & also the pain/nausea it causes.
    And women in impending death may have abortions as a method of self-defense.

4|2
    1|0
    • 4 d ago

I mean even at the farthest point away from another state it’s a 3 hour drive to somewhere else. It’s hardly forcing anyone to have a child. It only prevents Doctors in Alabama from doing so. If you can afford an abortion you can afford to pay for a 3 hour bus ride and a hotel room for a night or 2.

• I do NOT agree with this. This is fucking terrible and if any of you agree with these people you have a special seat waiting for you in hell.

6|0
    0|1
    • 5 d ago

You've pointed out the main issue here! This show how people (especially men) still consider women... That's awful!

• Show All
    • 1 d ago

@Justcallmealy now you are just trolling. Doesn't matter if you are American. I am Pakistani but I know who I support in American politics (Andrew Yang). I meant that person and even if English isn't your first language it is clear what I mean.

• 1 d ago

@shephardjhon Oh that makes sense then! 😂

• How did abortion get banned faster than assault rifles? Asking for all the victims of mass shootings.

6|1
    1|7
    • 5 d ago

Because what you call an assault rifle isn't an assault rifle, and even then they're constitutionally protected. Also, they're only used in a minority of homicides, handguns are still the most popular active shooter weapon.

• Show All
    • 5 d ago

I think the argument is assault rifles aren't directly killing anyone. They have the potential to kill like a car or steak knife does, but selling an assault riffle doesn't guarantee a person will be killed. No one would legalize selling a gun, a car or a steak knife if there was a guarantee of death.

With abortions though, there is a 100% chance that one or more people will die.

• 4 d ago

@cavmanier Well, people aren’t selling abortions. They are selling the right to sell abortions — just like the right to sell a gun.

Now, abortions are more effective at killing that most guns, especially if the shooter has bad aim. But you can think of doctors as highly trained shooters.

If guns were only sold to marksmen, then guns would be highly effective killers as well.

Both guns and abortions are grotesque and bloody. They’re basically the same category of things.

• To be honest, I disagree with the law
    I feel that women should have the right, especially if they were raped. Also it beneficial for the world population is now way over the sky.
    Here's my thoughts about the foetus though, its cells are functioning so I believe it has life. (I say this not because of science or religion. It's my personal philosophy)

5|1
    0|1
  • Once again the south shows how backward we are. Instead of progressing with the times. We decide 2 go back in time. 2 the good old butcher clinics. 2 come so far. Then 2 go backward as hell. Once again proving women have no rights. 2 decide what they want 2 do with their bodies.

2|0
    0|1
    • 5 d ago

Wow. You're 51 but so ignorant. It has nothing to do with "the times". When it comes to this issue, it was better before 1973. Some things have digressed with the times.
      It's NOT a woman's body! One thing that HAS progressed is scientific evidence showing that the unborn is a separate human being. A woman has the right to have or not have sex, but with sex comes consequences and responsibility. It doesn't give her the right to kill an innocent child.

• 5 d ago

@dandee55 The only reason u say ignorant. Cause u are against abortion. Here we go with the right 2 kill an innocent child. Always got 2 throw some up. Well what about women who get raped. Oh lets make them have that baby. If u are going 2 make her have a rape. Then the state should take it and raise it. As for as bringing a unwanted baby in the world. That's what wrong in 2 day society. Just think how many unwanted babies we already have. Then think about what they cost 2 raise. Never mind the crimes they commit as they grow up. Being unwanted brings many issues 2 light. One is most of them always commit some type of crime. Once they become adult. One example is domestic violence. Remember u are casting judgement by calling me ignorant. As i say i just look at the source.

• These laws are horrible.

The only reasons laws like this can pass in the first place is guys are apathetic, religions mobilize an annoying number of people to pass them, meaning you only have divided women, for the most part, trying to stop them.

That said, to trying to prevent those laws, and trying to pass laws that protect those rights will always be an uphill battle for the pure statistic reason that it's hard to mobilize people to support a law that doesn't help them.

To this end, to protect women's rights to their body, women NEED to push for legislation that protects their bodies, while ALSO expanding the rights of others as well. This is what is known in Congress as a 'rider' - additional clauses added to help a law pass.

To this end, to pass a law on abortion rights, women who propose such laws need to ALSO think of how to give men a similar benefit. Some benefit, any benefit, will work, as long as it mobilizes guys. However, it's a huge benefit to passing if it ALSO reflects similar ideals for those affected as the values help synergize public opinion.

To that end, I suggest ALSO expanding abortion rights to cover the male as well. That may strike you as nonsense, but hear me out. After conception, at any point, in a state where abortion is legal, she can decide she doesn't want it, abort it, and be free of the risk to responsibility. A guy, however, does not have that freedom. After conception, he's f***ed. Either he's going to have to be a dad, or the woman won't let him be a dad and depand part of his paycheck for the rest of his life, or he won't get to be a dad, and the decision IS ALL HERS. He has no legal say in the matter. For a guy, the choice ends at conception, and that's why there's so much resentment in southern states for a woman to be able to gain unequal control over him like that.

So, for 'male abortion', the man can pay the woman, before the child is born, the median cost of an abortion in the state, and tell her it's for an abortion should she choose to have one. If he does so, he is absolved of any and all parental responsibilties. (Similarly, a lesbian woman if she finds out her spouse is pregnant could do it, but I suspect tha will be less of an issue). At this point, he has paid for an abortion and doesn't have to support a child he's not ready to, same as the woman's choice with abortion.

Pass THAT as a rider to a law that solidify's women's right to abortion, and it'll be able to pass.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

He shouldn't have to pay the whole cost for her abortion. How about make it easier for men to terminate their parental rights and responsibilities?

• 3 d ago

@justsomeperson2u What would you suggest?

• 3 d ago

Make it so a man can terminate his parental rights and responsibilities with no repercussions for either free or a small fee while the woman is still pregnant. Either party would be able to decide they are not ready for parenthood before the baby is born

• I don’t think men should even vote on the subject since they have no uterus and can’t grow a baby themselves. 40% men agree on the law? What a surprise. They just hit and run, then the mother’s life is ruined forever while they can go on with their lives, getting a degree and better job while she’s stuck with their baby

4|0
    0|2
  • I can’t believe this is still an issue. Women should have rights over their bodies, this is going to hurt poor women more than anything.

3|5
    2|4
    • 5 d ago

What about the thousands of women killed in the womb? Yeah never thought about that did you.

• Show All
    • 4 d ago

@Liam_Hayden at no point is the fetus a separate entity from the mother as long as it resides inside of her.

• 4 d ago

That is your position. It of course makes little sense if we are talking about the minutes before delivery, but you are entitled to it.

• It’s fascism. It should be always be available for rape victims. Hell, offering her the morning after pill should be one the FIRST things a rape crisis center should do. But more over, this is an intrusion on liberty. Evangelicals need to stay out of our constitution and our bedrooms.

3|2
    0|0
  • Forcing a raped woman to live a 9 month punishment for something she's not guilty but the victim is sick. Pregnancy is not a funny ride precisely and should be something decided and based on a love act. I'm glad I live in a country in which woman are very protected. Sometimes maybe too much, but I prefer that much protection than this kind of sickness. I guess that if men could get impregnated too many of these laws would be very different...

0|1
    0|0
    • 5 d ago

Most women get an abortion because it’s a baby they have no need to bare, there just poor unwanted babies but I guess no one speaks for them

• 5 d ago

They didn't end abortion they Limited it 2 before 8 weeks

• I don't know. I can't help but think:
    Train the males, train the women, limit the scope of the problem. Without that... this just goes bad one way or the other. You can't force by law. Try making alcohol illegal again and see what happens.

This will shift society and change some things, but the suffering continues until the animal is re-trained. the human animal. After this... they have to put $ into social programs, God reintroduced, etc.. structure, discipline, etc..

1|0
    1|0
  • I wanted to choose the first one but I don’t live there... so I chose other as I’m totally and utterly miffed and shocked that this actually has happened! America is the strongest country in so many ways and such a shame to see this law pit in place before gun laws!

1|1
    0|0
    • 5 d ago

The first one says thank god I don't live there so you could pick that one lol.

• 5 d ago

True! Silly me! Lol

• 5 d ago

I'm actually reconsidering even coming to the States to visit now lol. I guess I would the "safe ones"

• you're dead in trespasses and sins! to do abortion" is to kill a child! you are an abomination in God's sight for hating the idea for not liking the protection of little ones (that are still in the womb) against killers (in this case, abortion supporters such as yourself). you say that a child was brought forth because of a man who forced the woman. ever heard of adoption? it's a thing!

0|0
    1|0
  • All that law is going to do, is make 'illegal' abortions less safe, and potentially hurting women, that maybe made a mistake, or were raped!
    I expect these series of new BS laws to be challenged, and up to the Supreme Court, after the next Presidential election. . .
    You decide what that means.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yet another law that was implemented without thinking. What's the surprise... Generally, politicians are a bunch of idiots that don't care about you. The laws they implement are only for the masses and it doesn't affect them because you live outside the law if you have enough money or power.

0|0
    0|0
  • Look at all these liberals on here who love killing babies

3|12
    12|5
  • There is some misunderstanding about this law. Incest and rape is an exception. And it will punish doctors, not the pregnant woman.
    www.nationalreview.com/.../

0|0
    1|1
    • 5 d ago

The women get a 225 month sentence. Why did you post a link about Georgia's bill? This is the Alabama bill, and it doesn't have those exceptions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_Bill_314

• 5 d ago

@goaded Okay, I misread your question. Yeah, the Alabama one is ridiculous based on the information I found; unless something is hidden. Just a note for the future: Never read liberal news like cnn or washington post. They lied about the one in Georgia. Untrustworthy sources. NYT is a bit better.

• its messed up. kids and women getting raped have to further suffer by carrying, that is NOT gods will. banning abortion doesn't make it go away, it just makes SAFE abortion unavailable.

2|1
    0|1
  • the last time i shared an opinion on this on here a guy told me that i would end up dead in a dumpster if I didn’t let a man choose what happens with my body lmao but I think it’s horrible. women should be allowed to have abortions. that’s all i’m saying.

3|0
    0|0
  • If there's a risk to the Mother's health Aborting the Pregnancy will be Allowed!!!

This Law is Unlawful tgey can't enforce it because it's Unconstitutional!!!

Now where we have to be concerned is if Roe -V- Wade gets overturned!!! If that happens you will see women veinf Butchered Again as they were 50 years ago. How Dare Politicians Man or Woman tell a Woman what to do with her body!!!

1|0
    0|2
    • 5 d ago

Oooooh how kind of theirs not to let the woman die

• 5 d ago

Everyone seems to be missing the point. The law is unconstitutional only because of Roe v. Wade, which is why they wrote it to target that decision. And in truth the written decision in Roe is incoherent. While supposedly protecting the right, Blackmun's decision also touched upon the person hood question. What Alabama and Georgia are trying to do is use Blackmun's own words against the decision by defining "person" in such a way as to invalidate the rest of the decision. How? Blackmun's words make clear that if the fetus is a person, then abortion of that fetus is not protected.

• 3 d ago

@Liam_Hayden, I get what they are trying to do. Overturn Roe v Wade, It's nit clear it the Supreme Court is even willing to hear Arguments on this Issue though. They've turned away every state that has tried to Argue it so far. John Roberts even tjough he is a Conservative is not keen on overturning any of the Constitutional Amendments!!!

• Simple

0|1
    0|2
    • 5 d ago

Your second quote has no connection to this topic

• 5 d ago

Maybe or not

• 5 d ago

And that first quote also makes no sense cause their law says a woman can't get an abortion if it was rape. There's no way someone can justify that.

• Of course a whopping 40% of men that answered this poll agree with the law.

G@G 101.

7|1
    2|2
  • If I was rape then I for sure wouldn't want have the baby or if the kid was disabled. I want my kid to be healthy and come from two parents household. So this wouldn't make me happy at all. Honestly, some women need this law though some women don't know about birth control...

2|0
    1|2
    • 5 d ago

That is because they were too busy sexting their boyfriend in Sex Ed instead of listening when they went through "the proper use of contraceptives to prevent pregnancy".

• Show All
    • 4 d ago

@Daniela1982 Of course not, not with this state of mind

• 4 d ago

@Justcallmealy honestly women are in control of their body and who can come and go insied them. We aren't men.

• If they really cared they done something about the school shootings. They care before your born once your born your on your own until you reach military age.

6|0
    1|2
  • I have no plans of ever having an abortion but I don’t want to live in an area that just outlaws it, that’s insane.

5|0
    2|1
  • I just think it's weird that more guys have an opinion about it than girls do... It is in fact about a woman's body!

5|0
    2|3
    • 4 d ago

No, the baby is not a part of the woman’s body it has unique DNA. It is not like a cancer or illness it is a living baby.

• Show All
    • 3 d ago

No matter what you hear, you’re dead set on your opinion. What if the abortion failed and your kid found out later in life that you were going to kill it? Imagine if your mom didn’t even want YOU. Believe what you wish, you have free will over this, I just want people to realize that it’s murder and THAT BABY HAS A PURPOSE BECAUSE THE WOMAN GOT PREGNANT

• 3 d ago

@Kimberly-Bryant according to this law, if your 12 year old sister was raped by a madman, she would have to give birth to his child :)))

• All women in alabama who don't agree should stock up on amy birth control product they can find or move out of state. 😂 give Alabama a big fuck you and get your shit tied up in another state. As for me I now have another reason to get stock up on condoms lol. I live in Florida but this state is full of dumbass religious nutcases so I'm expecting some shit like this to pass here soon

1|1
    0|1
Show More

Recommended myTakes