Should men have a say in abortion? I don’t mean the government this is scenario?

Like say if you had an intimate relationship with someone? And the women wanted an abortion but you wanted the child. I’m excluding rape and incest from this. Women do carry the child but it does still take two to make a baby. What if the guy wants the baby though and want to take care of it whether it’s a boy or girl. I want to see different opinions leggo!
  • Yes men should have a right if it’s their child.
    Vote A
  • No women are the ones who should have authority since they carry the child.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The father should ALWAYS get a say unless he's a rapists or abuser.
    But in the end, if he really wants one, he can pay a surrogate.
    They both have the right to refuse their half of genes from forming the baby. And at the end of the day, its HER who has to carry/provide and push the thing out. If she doesn't want it, it is then literally a parasite inside her body.

0|0
    0|1
    • 7 d ago

Yes that’s true. However that is part of him that will be killed off and he may have to deal with the mental Repercussions from it. Also we was once that “parasite” leeching off our mothers as well.

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

I’m aware of that but I’m even more certain there are guys who share this same mentality.

• 7 d ago

Good for you.

• I doubt this would ever happen... but of course I believe a man has a right to ask the woman to keep the baby. But he must respect what she will go through to ultimately steely give it up!

0|0
    0|1
    • 6 d ago

It’s not like it’s unlikely it certainly happens. This is coming from someone who never had his dad around. Just cause mine wasn’t I’m not gonna not count the good dads out there.

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

Can I message something privately to you?

• 6 d ago

Sure

• Yes, but if he wants the child and she doesn't he should be the one to pay for medical expenses and care for the child once it's born. About child support - I'm still undecided if men should be obligated to pay it but well in this scenario I think it's fair to not demand it from a woman since she already went through the trouble of pregnancy for you.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

No it should be on the man if he wants the child that would be totally fair.

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

Yeah, but people tend to be assholes to one another but for law enforcements to go through with every individual case each would take years.

• 7 d ago

That’s true it’s sad how our government is

• funny how feminists never suggest women to close their legs... but men can't have an opinion on abortion.

0|1
    0|0
  • Now you're peeling back the root of the problem. Women want all the freedom but none of the responsibility.

0|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

I like to cover every point and see other sides. Your right to an extent. However we guys can be very irresponsible too at times.

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

Think I should post it?

• 7 d ago

sure.

• Of course, it's their children too. Even if men disagree with your stance you shouldn't treat them any differently.

Just an observation but I've never seen a pro-life woman say men shouldn't have a say...

0|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

I haven’t either. However you got some toxic women who believe men have no say and they go through with it no questions asked. Women should have the final say so however

• Show All
    • 4 d ago

It’s just the fact that women carry them. I’m glad their getting rid of it but I don’t like the way they are doing it.

• 4 d ago

Lol.

• I would prefer to see all abortion made illegal. Then, if a mother doesn't want custody, she can agree for dad to take custody.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6 d ago

I don’t agree with abortion either. However usually guys have no control over the situation even if it’s their child.

• It’s both the man and the woman’s child. They entered that agreement once they had sex

0|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

I agree but then again we don’t carry it for nine months that’s why we loose this discussion

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

That’s true man people don’t look at it like that.

• 6 d ago

Women don’t wanna take responsibility for their actions in some cases.

• Sure the man should have a say. But ultimately I think I would go along with whatever the woman's choice is, since she's the one who would (or would not) have to bear the child.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if he wants the baby and she kills it anyway, he should get damages and I mean money. It could mean an end to his family name.

0|0
    0|0
  • no they shouldn’t

0|0
    1|3
    • 7 d ago

Even if it’s the fault of both why the unwanted pregnancy happened? Even if maybe he want full custody?

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

okay but that doesn’t apply for everyone, I know people that have had their lives saved by having an abortion

• 7 d ago

Yeah but this is the scenario I’m taking about.

• Vote A 🖤

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they should.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

I’m glad women like you exist and actually think if the man wants the child too. ❤️ Ik carrying it isn’t easy though

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

Yep true

• 7 d ago

This is coming from someone who only had their mom in their life.

• Absolutely not

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

So if you wanted the child and she got an abortion that wouldn’t bother you at all?

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

That’s fair. You’re your own person.

• 7 d ago

✊🏾👌🏾

• Actually no one should have a say in abortion

0|0
    0|0
  • He has every right to ditch her if she does, but ultimately, only she can make the decision to abort or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men should not be able to tell a woman whether to abort, but women should also not be able to tell a man whether he has to be a father. If women can abort, men should be able to financially abort... that is, decide to not be legally and financially responsible for the child. That is the only fair solution to this issue.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes