Lesbian couple beaten up for refusing to kiss for men's entertainment. Opinions?

CT_CD
The apparently homophobic attack happened on a London bus as the couple returned home from an evening out.

Melania Geymonat, 28, from Uruguay, was left with a suspected broken nose while girlfriend Chris, from the US, was also beaten up.

Melania said they were sat at the front on the top deck because they enjoyed the novelty of the double decker bus. However, during the journey she claims a gang of young men behind them saw they were a couple and started to demand they kiss while making crude sexual gestures.

Melania said:

"They wanted us to kiss so they could watch us. I tried to defuse the situation as I'm not a confrontational person, telling them to please leave us alone as Chris wasn't feeling well. The next thing I remember was Chris in the middle of them and they were beating her. I didn't think about it and went in. I was pulling her back and trying to defend her so they started beating me up."

The men also robbed the couple before fleeing the bus.
I have an opinion
I don't have an opinion
Didn't read
Vote C
GirlGuy
15
29