Server gives pregnant customer virgin cocktails when she ordered alcoholic. Who's in the wrong?

So someone posted a story to a Reddit community, here's some of it:

"During my shift last night, a group of four women in their late 20s came in. They were a pleasure to have as customers. They ordered four of our house cocktails to start with and then went over the menu for their entrees.

When I was on my way back to their booth with the drinks on a tray, I walked by the back side and overheard one of them talking about how she was 14 weeks along. When I rounded back, they were talking about the same topic and it was clear to me that she was pregnant. I figured her having one drink wasn't a big deal. They ordered their entrees and I went off to handle other tables. About five minutes later, they called me over again and asked for another round. At this point I started getting concerned, but I took the order and cheerfully said I'd be right back. This time, I went to the bartender, and asked him to make one of them a virgin cocktail. He was confused but since he's a good friend of mine, I told him to just trust me."

Anyways so eventually the customer found out and talked with the manager who ended up yelling at the server according to the story... "She also informed me that I could get the restaurant in serious trouble for discrimination, and upon examination of my state's laws, she is correct. "

So who's in the wrong? Ignore the law, personally who do you think is in the wrong?
The server, they should have just given the customer the drink and minded their own business
The woman, she should be glad the server stepped in.
GirlGuy
10 mo
I should probably mention that I'm only asking because some people on Reddit thought the server was in the wrong. Personally I think the server did the right thing and I think it's stupid that the restaurant could get in trouble for discrimination.
73
44