Are you an 'early adopter'?

Dawn
Dawn
This is sort of a philosphical question about how you view and choose to function in a world that is so powerfully driven by technology, consumerism, marketing, capitalism, and the profitable encouragement of individualism and self-expression. And yet, there are novel, inventive, creative, entertaining, and occasionally revolutionary products and ideas being created, with a decent amount of success. And why not partake in them?

What is an 'early adopter'? (aka 'lighthouse customer') A person who purchases or begins using a product or technology as soon as it becomes available. They have passion for 'the new' and like to be on the bleeding edge of what's happening, what's great, preferably before it catches on and becomes mass-produced and consumed. This type of person also tends to provide candid feedback to help the vendor refine its future product releases. They enjoy being part of the design and refinement process. They also often take pride in sharing these new ideas with others, introducing them to some new discovery.

The term originates from Everett M. Rogers, a professor of communication studies, who popularized the theory in his book ' 'Diffusion of Innovations', 1962. Diffusion of innovations is a theory that seeks to explain how, why, and at what rate new ideas and technology spread. Rogers argues that diffusion is the process by which an innovation is communicated over time among the participants in a social system. The origins of the diffusion of innovations theory are varied and span multiple disciplines.

So, are you more passionate, more enthusiastic, or are you more suspect, more reserved and discerning in adopting new things? Are you an avid beta tester, or more of a classicist?
NO Day is Just Another Day, Al-Rasub
'NO Day is Just Another Day', Al-Rasub
Yes, I am.
No, I am not.
I don't what I am. But please show me the poll results.
Vote C
GirlGuy
Are you an 'early adopter'?
18
7