Why the hype over Kobe Bryant’s death?

Anonymous
You know what I don’t understand? Great people, doctors, police man, firefighters, teachers, nurses, dispatch, etc. die all the time and they don’t get the same care or consideration it seems. Kobe Bryant, I’m sure was a great man, but he was a wealthy basketball player. He paid millions shooting a ball into a net while people watched. You know the teacher, who works 50+ hours, has to commute a long distance, has a single daughter, and cares for kids? What happens if she dies? Barely anything... I’d wager the job she does is vastly more important and has directly helped more children than we know. She deserves those millions, but in a capitalist society, even rappers who make crappy music that is drowned out by loud background sounds can make millions, while a police officer trying to better the community in the Bronx is paid pennies compared to that. Weird world we live in right? Kobe Bryant, like all celebrities have been glorified by the magical tube called the television... We idolize and put on a pedestal people who don’t really do an amazing thing that actually helps society in any significant manner. They just entertain us... and they get paid so much money...

Kobe Bryant was literally paid millions to entertain us humans by shooting a ball through a net... He makes millions and wouldn’t cry over an “average” or “mundane” persons death.

People cry over this man’s death like he’s some messiah or savior. They didn’t even know him really.

Not nearly the same amount of people cry over the soldiers that risked their lives overseas and died, the teacher shot and killed in a bad neighborhood while trying to make the kids better there, the policeman who gets abused, etc.
Updates:
22 d
STOP BEING FUCKING SHEEP PEOPLE... STOP IDOLIZING HUMAN BEINGS THAT DO AN UNIMPORTANT THING IN SOCIETY, BUT JUST BECAUSE THEYRE ON TV, THEY GET SOME GOD COMPLEX ATTACHED...
22 d
@OlderAndWiser

Nailed it like always.
Why the hype over Kobe Bryant’s death?
Add Opinion