Are you surprised by how some environmentalists seem happy with how the corona virus has impacted China?

ADFSDF1996
It is well known by now that the corona virus has had a major negative impact on China. Instead of feeling sympathy or empathy, several environmentalists seem happy since carbon emission levels greatly decreased. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-01/air-pollution-vanishes-across-china-s-industrial-heartland

I already knew that environmentalism has been tainted by political extremism but I didn’t really think environmentalists would go so far as to relish in the misery of a civilization.
2 mo
I never said that the article explicitly expressed joy over the Negative effects of the corona virus on China. I said that the way the article is worded seems to imply that the environmentalists are happy China’s carbon emissions decreased in lieu of the corona virus outbreak.

Reading comprehension anyone?
7
21