Are you surprised by how some environmentalists seem happy with how the corona virus has impacted China?

ADFSDF1996
It is well known by now that the corona virus has had a major negative impact on China. Instead of feeling sympathy or empathy, several environmentalists seem happy since carbon emission levels greatly decreased. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-01/air-pollution-vanishes-across-china-s-industrial-heartland

I already knew that environmentalism has been tainted by political extremism but I didn’t really think environmentalists would go so far as to relish in the misery of a civilization.
Updates:
2 mo
I never said that the article explicitly expressed joy over the Negative effects of the corona virus on China. I said that the way the article is worded seems to imply that the environmentalists are happy China’s carbon emissions decreased in lieu of the corona virus outbreak.

Reading comprehension anyone?
Are you surprised by how some environmentalists seem happy with how the corona virus has impacted China?
Add Opinion