Are abortion laws in place to preserve new life, or is it an attempt by the government to control women's bodies?

Anonymous
This is a very sensitive topic for many men and women. Please take care of yourself and be kind if you participate in this thread. This is part one of a two part question.
Credits: CBN
Credits: CBN
This question is inspired by my daily readings. The reference below inspired my question but it's not exactly what this question is about just for clarification. The link is the full inspiration for part 2.
Disclaimers ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡
*Any negativity, bullying, or harassment on this thread will be blocked from future posts. Argue your points professionally. Spread love and not hate. Thanks
References:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/483065-alabama-lawmaker-proposes-law-forcing-men-to-get-a-vasectomy-at-50-in%3famp
21
8