What do you think of the young people partying in large gatherings during the COVID19 outbreak?

mistixs
https://www.MSN.com/en-us/news/us/if-i-get-corona-i-get-corona-coronavirus-pandemic-doesnt-slow-spring-breakers-party/ar-BB11pJyK?li=BBnb7Kz

There have been large gatherings of teens and young adults partying on Florida beaches. In the words of one college student, "If I get corona, I get corona. At the end of the day, I'm not gonna let it stop me from partying."

"If I get corona" Okay, but this isn't about you. This isn't about us. This isn't about healthy young people. If you get it, you'll probably be fine. This is about protecting at-risk people, such as elderly people & people with health problems, who might suffer greatly or even die from the virus.

The problem is that many people are getting COVID19, and before they start showing symptoms (the disease is most contagious prior to onset of symptoms and during the first week of symptoms) they're going about their day and spreading the germs to other people, who inadvertently spread it to their at-risk loved ones (such as elderly parents and grandparents) who then die from it.

Large parties are cesspools for asymptomatic people to spread the virus to countless other people. I can't find the article now but there was one gathering in which 45+ people ended up getting COVID19, despite nobody displaying symptoms beforehand. That demonstrates how far the virus can spread, in a single gathering, even if someone's not showing symptoms.

I wonder how many people are going to die because these people refused to simply stay at home, drink some wine, blast some music, chat with friends over Skype, binge TV and movies, and/or play video games. Instead, they decided that partying during spring break was more important than the lives of countless at-risk people.

(By the way, before someone comes talking about how COVID19 is no worse than flu, I debunked that with numbers and statistics here.)
Didn't read
I read but have no opinion
I agree it's immoral for these people to be partying in large gatherings during the COVID19 outbreak.
Vote C
I don't think it's immoral, despite the inevitability of spreading COVID19 to at-risk people.
Vote D
I think that COVID19 doesn't exist /OR/ COVID19 is no worse than flu.
Vote E
GirlGuy
87
23