How can we request the President to impose a freeze on the price of merchandise to stop stores from taking advantage of this panic buying situation?

Anonymous
I work in a healthcare office and I love my job. I work for a good boss who’s hardworking and caring. Our office needs supplies and soon we’ll be running out.

Here’s just one example: Our face masks usually just cost us $3.99 for a box of 50 standard masks. Now, our various suppliers are charging between the range of $50.00 to $90.00 per box of 50! One of our suppliers quoted us this: “Yes, we have stock and we can definitely deliver. That’s our new price. It’s simply the law of supply and demand. Good luck to your office.” WTF!!! That’s just cold-blooded!

Other suppliers have been raising their prices tenfold or more too! We’ve been in good standing with our suppliers but we feel like they are taking full advantage of the pandemic issues.

We strongly feel an executive order must be imposed as soon as possible to put a price freeze on the cost of goods that should be dropped back to what they were before all these hoarding and panic buying trends began.

I feel terrible for my boss and others like her and other businesses like ours. I have not heard anybody address this issue yet. Not from our mayor, our governor, and our president.

Is there a number we can call to bring up this issue to someone who can help?
3
3