Teen Whose Death May Be Linked To COVID-19 Denied Care For Not Having Health Insurance: Thoughts?

SpiderManFan2002
Thoughts on this story here: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teen-whose-death-may-be-linked-coronavirus-denied-care-not-n1170616 (Please read it, it's only short).

I don't understand how anybody can be denied urgent care, it's absurd. This teenage boy did not have health insurance, and according to Mayor of his city- he was denied urgent care, because the boy did not have health insurance.

Now this is one story. But it makes me think how many more Americans will be denied treatment given that 1 in 4 Americans are skipping health insurance due to the cost?

It's so ironic how some people claim they love their country, and want to protect their citizens, yet when somebody advocates for a government-funded healthcare system, it's suddenly: "Why should I pay for somebody elses healthcare?"

Well my question to that is, why should somebody die because they can't afford healthcare? Every life matters. Rich, average or poor and we all deserve a shot at having our lives saved.

Everyone is paying towards each other's healthcare. You're covering your own and somebody else's and one day, if disaster strikes, you lose your job, you get ill, you need treatment- you won't be turned away, for not having health insurance if you can't afford it.

I also find it quite ironic at how times, a number of Trump supporters will claim to be Christians and claim America is a Christian country- yet when someone mentions a healthcare system that works for all they lose their marbles. I mean did Jesus ever turn anyone away in any of the stories because they didn't pay him? Don't you remember Matthew 10:8:
" Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay. "

or Proverbs 19:17 "Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed."

Now I don't much about Christianity, but it seems like to me- those verses are advocating helping the poor and needy.
15
5