Should music festivals continue to sell tickets online for events likely to be cancelled anyways?

Anonymous
i was looking online and a lot of the major summer music festivals here are still selling tickets and indicating they plan to go ahead. despite the fact there is currently a ban on mass gatherings of more than 5 people and government has given no indication those restrictions will be lifted anytime soon.

even if and when the virus situation improves , it would seem doubtful to me the government is going to allow mass gatherings of 1000 or more people in 2020 . and that is even if the situation improves greatly

i'm not sure why these festivals are still selling tickets and claiming there somehow going to go ahead when everyone knows there going to get cancelled like everything else has been cancelled.

there is no way the government here is going to allow any mass gatherings and massive music festivals to go ahead here , not this year
yes there is faint hope they occur
Vote A
no they shouldn't
Vote B
unsure
Vote C
other please explain
Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Updates:
1 mo
was thinking some more on this , best idea might be to not yet cancel the festivals but put a hold on new ticket sales until conditions improve enough that there is a realistic possibility the events go forward
1 mo
one of our major music festivals just announced yesterday there cancelling this years event and will be offering refunds or passes for next years show. still is several others who have yet to indicate there plans but i suspect they will also cancel or be told they won't be allowed to go ahead
1 mo
more festivals were cancelled here this week , although some have yet to say there plans and it was annouced by quebec government that they'd prefer if they all cancel until at least August 31 , which means Osheaga one of the larger ones won't happen this summer
Should music festivals continue to sell tickets online for events likely to be cancelled anyways?
Add Opinion