"Gun control in the US is a joke" states 19yo boy in his suicide note who killed his family with his brother before they killed themselves. Thoughts?

CubsterShura
Trigger warning: Suicide

Bodies of six members of the same family was found in their house in Dallas, Texas. The dead people are two brothers, Tanvir Towhid (19) and Farhan Towhid (21), who killed Farhan's twin sister Farbin Towhid, their parents and their grandmother. They are Bangladeshi immigrants and their grandmother was only staying with them for a short visit and was supposed to go back to Bangladesh one month later. The murder-suicide was planned by the brothers for about a month in advance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9438435/Six-people-dead-two-brothers-pact-kill-family-committing-suicide.html

Farhan left a long suicide note on Google docs. You can read the whole thing if you want to but I'll quote some parts:

"The plan was simple. We get two guns. I take one and shoot my sister and grandma, while my brother kills our parents with the other. Then we take ourselves out.

I would say the only hard part of the plan was getting the guns, but that would be a lie.

My fourth and final point: gun control in the US is a joke. All my brother had to do was go to the gunshop, say something about wanting a gun for home defense, sign some forms, and that was it. There was a question asking if he had any mental illnesses but—get this—he lied. He literally just said no. They didn’t ask for proof or if he was taking any medication (he was). Just a yes or no question. Literally anyone can get a gun if they haven’t been officially diagnosed. Thanks for making the process so easy."

Link to his entire note (trigger warning: suicide, depression, self-harm): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yrD6iKD1-1uCp_ndm-XgqI7bIPdfRij-f4X0k3lyv7s/mobilebasic
7 mo
I love how people automatically assumed I have anti-gun beliefs even though I didn't state anything regards to my own thoughts and opinions. I simply wrote the news in brief and added some quotes from the suicide note. Y'all idiots just projecting. 🤷🏾‍♀️
30
4