#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

How To Survive Valentine's Day If You're Single!

Treat Yourself

So you're alive on Valentine's Day and your friends are all busy with their romantic lives on this special occasion. You're home alone and you don't feel like going out else you'll see cute couples making out and holding hands, maybe even propose and you can't fight the urge to gag. Do this, Order a box of pizza! What better way to celebrate this occasion than an ENTIRE box of pizza for YOURSELF!

Buy yourself a box of your favorite chocolates. Eat that ice cream that's been sitting there in your refrigerator. Go shopping!

Get Wasted

Buy a six pack, vodka, tequila, drink to your heart's delight, you deserve it! Don't sit around grieving about your ex, watching pics, thinking about him/her, tell em' go to hell! (I'm jk don't do that). You don't drink? No problem, Blast out music! Dance, flip, trip, do whatever, just don't break a bone, seriously guys.

Make it "Friend's Day"

Call all your buddies(you can't be the only one single) have a great time, I'm sure it's been a while since you guys hang out. Play video games, do each other's nails, try on outfits, wrestle. Take pics, and have a great time. Watch movies! Watch all the movies your ex never liked watching with you, from chick flicks to action, from comedy to horror etc. Meet up with an old friend. Throw a party! Make this day the best day ever!

Download Apps

Try downloading Tinder, there's a lot of people who are single on that app, talk to someone, make new friends, of course, there'll be someone who thinks you're cute and will swipe right (or is it left? I can't remember lol) Download a new game on your PC.

Spend Time With Family

Call your grandparents, ask them how they met, call your parents, your aunt, uncle, or better yet visit them, see how they're doing. Buy a gift for them, bar-b-que for them. Spend time with a cousin, the kid next door, who knows, you might get a cute little Valentine's day card, from him/her.

Have a Bath + Wine

Nothing's better than buying yourself essential oils, a bottle of wine and just relaxing in a warm bath with a glass of wine in your hand.

Adopt a Pet

Get yourself a dog or cat, snuggle with the little cutie pie, play with the little guy. He/she will love you so much, after today. And please, only if you're willing to love him/her for the rest their lives.

Workout

Spend a little extra time in the gym, or you can workout right in the comfort of your place. Get fit! Get lean! Make your now lonely valentine Hot N' Sweaty. Eat healthily, sleep for the rest of the day, if you're tired. Netflix and Chill!

Try New Things

Do something fun! Climb a tree, go surfing, go fishing. Try a new dish, a new sport, cook something nice for yourself, take a course you never thought would be for you, it might just be ;) for example, dancing, cooking, painting etc. Do something, you've always wanted to do. Go on an adventure! Develop a new hobby. Find the things that make you awesome!

Research

Try writing a book, if you like, do research, if you don't know the story of how Valentine's day came about, look it up(p.s it's really cute) Make cards, make a paper gun, a bow, watch DIY's on youtube. Look at something funny. Watch your favorite youtuber. Laugh a little!

Hope you guys enjoyed this mytake, it's my first one, sorry if its a little short, hope you try some of these. :)

3342

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Valentines Day

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 41

• It is not a special day. It is one of 365 days in a year. The best way to deal with being single on Valentine's day is to take a stand against this day for all the reasons it is wrong. To quote myself from another question again:

"I'm very principled, I am vehemently against Valentine's day. I am of the opinion that Valentine's day is immoral, moreso than every other holiday (that I can think of) because it is exclusive. It is not all inclusive, it excludes people and it hurts millions of people around the world every year simply by way of its existence. In my opinion there is no excuse for it to exist because anyone truly in love does not need a day to motivate them to show it, and as already stated, it hurts people, it antagonises people, and it is exclusive.

This is why regardless of whether I am with anyone I flat out refuse to celebrate Valentine's day, always have done and always will do. It's selfish, immoral, hurtful and exclusive."

There is literally no good reason, no justification, for why this day should be celebrated. Love should be embraced and celebrated sure, but not in the context of making a special day only for those who are not unwillingly alone, therefore making it exclusive, and a day which is utilised by capitalist tycoons for the purpose of financial profit. It is a capitalist con.

The best way to behave on Valentine's Day is either to pretend like it doesn't exist y'know to not acknowledge its existence (what I usually do), or take a clear, justified stance against it because it is fundamentally immoral and cruel (as I am doing this year).

• Excludes people huh? You dont love anyone? No one loves you? Valtentines day is about more than romantic love.

• @errorgoodnameunfound Its best to just let her be , empty barrels will always make the most noise , eventually she'll stop and even if she got banned she'll make another account. Just leave her be. And thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

• 不不不不

• If you're nihilistic or cynical as fuck then it should be easy as fuck to get through it. You'll keep reminding yourself that the pressure, the costs, etc. associated with holidays like these for those that are in relationships, the hard work, time, etc., that they must dedicate to their relationship in order to MAINTAIN it, but guess what? YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY OR DEAL WITH ANY OF THAT SHIT! You are free to deal with only the problems you have. You may also remind yourself, that relationships are just one of those things where "your mileage may vary" and that relationships aren't for everyone. You'll remind yourself that more often than not relationships come with many problems, drama, fighting, suspicions of each other, stress, etc., etc. and that they can be over and end eventually all simply because they are not absolutely guaranteed to last forever. And don't forget about abusive relationships too! Because that kind of shit does happen also! Where one partner is controlling of the other and would hurt them for whatever reason typically when it comes to suspicions of cheating, etc.

• The bath sounds best to me, and most relaxing (exercise is great too). It's no fun being single when you don't want to be anyway, no matter what day it is.
    Animals can be great company, but I'd rather pet sit than to have my own pet. I used to cat-sit 5 felines, and it was hilarious.

• This is how I survived valentines day! It was pretty good actually.

https://i.imgur.com/eSMHrZB.gif

@judgmentday

• Cant say I agree with adopting a pet.
    Thanks for your post!!

• I'll treat myself on V-DAY with lots of coffee. That's my drink! A nice gift from Spencers too-the spiritual area, yes. Great, mytake.

• I agree. The most important love is the love to yourself, you don't need a partner to be happy.

• honestly, with my job, its just gonna be another late night of working

• Why not look around for a single guy? "Valentine friends"

• That's why I say make friends. It don't necessarily has to be online.

• Valentines day is a bullshit woman's holiday.
    Stop acting like it means anything and treat it like any other day.

• I think I can survive it pretty well, since I fell in love lately.

• Why not just do whatever else you would do on a Wednesday (this year)?

Although I have to admit that I had no plans until yesterday, when I signed up for a singles mixer on VD.

• Why get stressed it's only another day. The only people that make it big are the businesses that toggle you the cards the chocolates the balloons.. What a load of rubbish !!!

• I just do the same things I always do and decide to treat it like a normal day.

• I'm talking to girls right now on Tinder. I've found ways to keep myself busy on Valentine's day.

• Today my new game is released, so I won't have much time to think about that fucking day tomorrow.

• Go to the gym and train hard

• Single and it's your birthday sucks to see everyone enjoying a lover's day

• Interesting

• It especially sucks if its your birthday like mine

• Damn man that sucks, my friend's bday is just a few days before vday & it get lost to that day all the time. He hates it. I can't imagine to have it on the same day.

• @Blonde401 a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.
      Id say the date and state of my life is ironic

• But theres going to be loads of people single on v day. Its like saying its ironic to be born on Christmas Day and not celebrate Christmas.

• Nice...

• Thank you. Now I'll be able to survive

• nice take

• Bueno

• Thanks for sharing

• Thanks

• Agreed

• Great advice thanks.

• It's a day like any other.

• Lol, i have much better ways

• Show more from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 32

• cdn6.gurl.com/.../couples.gif

Heheh

I have my boyfriend and I'm going to get annoyed if we can't meet >w<

Hopefully I won't need these suggestions... Anyway thank you for writing them, they
    are nice ideas

• Your take is great, but personally I don't see why anyone, single or not, should feel like they have to celebrate Valentine. It is purely a commercially driven social construct. The red color everywhere, the chocolate and gifts are a means of pressure used to push consumers to consume more and more.

Love is an everyday event. Love can be expressed to those we love in various ways.

I am single and I don't feel anything on Valentine's day, even though I am lonely.

• Someone who gets it! And typical of the gentler sex, you are capable of delivering this argument with greater grace than myself.

• @bang678 yes true, but the problem is that media and society make us feel under immense pressure to celebrate this day. Funny but true, even non-western conservative communities started to celebrate it.

• Well I think that's incredibly sad. It's another reminder of the power, the influence that media has, and the way that power is used to manipulate, used for financial gain with disregard for people's happiness or well being (someone posted on this site somewhere recently something about how loads of blood diamonds are mined for Valentine's day, natural resources used, sweatshops etc.)

That's corporate capitalist media driven contemporary society for you. I want to say more about how it would be nice if people were to take a stance against that rather than just blindly accepting what said society indoctrinates them with.. but I can't be bothered anymore. I'm divergent, and it makes me proud of who I am.

• Honestly, despite being the age I am I have never had a relationship or dated or any of that, there's no actually reason for that other then that's just how things have worked out for me based on how my life is. So, every Valentines Day I've been single. Tomorrow, is not different, just going to be another Wednesday for me.

• I'm seeing the new 50 shades film with a group of girlfriends!

• 1. I FUCKING HATE THIS PINK BACKGROUND! What am I, 5? Ugh. Disgusting, GAG.

2. I'm single again, for the 30th year, on Valentine's day.

3. Friends? What friends? We had a plan on getting drunk, girls' night, but one cancelled because she has a FUCKING CLASS! And the other one has to work until 10, even though her work gets cancelled all the fucking time. Still, she won't cancel her work even though someone at her work would cancel. 95% chance. And since I have a class the next morning, I can't stay out and drunk until 3 or 4 am, so drinking from 10:30-midnight is so lame it's not even worth putting on makeup for.

4. I tried finding dates online, but only indians message me. I swear, Indians online are like justin bieber. They're fucking everywhere and it makes me hate them.

• Its funny - today I had a massive temptation to pay for a massage. I'm not in any kind of pain - I just thought it would be pleasurable to get a professional massage done.

• I have dinner with my dad every Wednesday so thats all Im going to do.

• That's really sweet! :)))

• He refuses to eat takeout, and he also refuses to cook so he wouldnt eat otherwise. My mom teaches a class those nights, so I go over and feed him.

• Im doing an AFD at work. AFD = all fucking day. 3pm - 3am. Valentines Day will not be acknowledged by my terminally single ass.

• I just might do some of these, I go to college tomorrow so I guess I will just burry myself inside of my books until the day is over. Avoid eye contact w, my crush and all the works.

• survive?
    its literally just another day.
    live ur life as usual

• Go out with family to a nice restaurant and shopping. Try to dress up even if it's wearing a new bracelet with a dress or a new pair of shoes. Try new fashion styles even if it is little things like cream colour boots with a navy blue dress. All I know is that 3 people in my family have their birthdays in February. We are all going to spend a day in London this week and eat delicious food. We need to make my sister's new overseas card which happens to be on my brother's birthday and that is a great advantage because the food outside that office is delicious.
    If that doesn't work watch Bollywood music or a comedy youtube channel like Anwar Jibawi and Superwoman.

• In other words, just treat it like any other day of the year.

• I don't get why it is a big deal to be single on this date. It is just a day like any other.

• Nice take

• Excellent boo

• Thanks. Fortunately Im not single.

• Nice points there.

• Yesss slayyyy

• Oh ok

• Thank you

• Nice

• I'm not single so

• There's literally nothing to survive.

• I'll try

• You forgot watch Moana :)

• I'll be working out with me myself and I

• great take thanks

• Scoth n eggs

• Just think like that you were alone earlier so you can survive just one day 2.

• What? It's just another normal day to be honest. Just do what you normally do everyday.

• Show more from Girls
    2
Valentines Day