#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Isn't Valentine's Day bullshit?

Why do you specialize one day for buying gifts, showing love especially on this day? I'd love to make everyday special for my boyfriend and buy him gifts frequently. (If he will ever exist!)

315

Most Helpful Guy

• Originally it was a day to make men and women marry. Its now used to celebrate love. I think its a cool concept but not an excuse not to love your the rest of the year.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is. I'm getting my boyfriend chocolates for Valentine's Day but I often get them for him just as gift anyway, so it's just another average day for us lol

What Guys Said 14

• It really is, i agree with you completely. You should be doing special things for your lover because you love them. Not because the day dictates you should. A colleague of mine will gladly buy his wife flowers as a surprice and occationally surprices her with a dinner or a sweet gift. But on valentines day she knows she doesn't have to expect anything, because on that day he doesn't out of protest. For him it only has meaning if he wanted to himself, and if it wasn't supposed to happen.

• It's fun in Italy where girls are democratic, but here in the USA it's just a way to get into guys' wallets and browbeat them into giving gifts to girls who don't care about them.

Remember Charlie Brown and the little red haired girl...

• I agree with you. if I were your boyfriend, then I would return your favour too.

• I agree with you :D But you can talk with your partner if and how much you want to gift each other or if you just want to reserve that day for a nice relaxed day :)

• Exactly, i totally agree with your option.

Rather i have the same verdict for mother's day and father's day as well, y only one day in whole year for your parents, why not more or all?

• Its a pyramid scheme a day designed to make you spend money on unnessary stuff.

• i agree i think its dumb to designate being romantic for one day

• Haha no its not a big deal, I think you are just bitter!

• Then do so. Gifst don't need a reason. :)

• No it's an excuse to be romantic I think that's a good thing

• it is what it is

• Yes, it is. I'm glad you see this too. :)

• Fuck vday

• Yes.

What Girls Said 2

• yes it is

• Maybe it's for ya