#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Are you getting your Valentine a gift this year?

If so, what are you getting them?

This year, I’m only exchanging cards with my boyfriend. I don’t believe in giving gifts or anything like that for Valentine’s day. Are you getting your Valentine a gift this year?
  • Yea
  • No
  • I don’t have a Valentine
    Vote C

2737

Most Helpful Guy

• For my girlfriend and I, it just so happens that it was around Valentine's Day that we had our first (official) date. (We had known each other for about 4 months before then). It was also right around the time she moved in with me. We have been together now for over ten years and have three children, so since we decided that we did not want to be married, we made Valentine's Day our anniversary.

Consequently, each year, right around the day itself, we take the kids to the grandparents and spend a weekend just the two of us - either at a top of the line hotel in the city (DC) or at a B&B on the Chesapeake. We go out dancing, go to dinners, lay in bed till noon, all sorts of stuff - oh, and we have sex too. We love being parents, but we make it "just a couples" weekend.

This year we are going to the hotel the weekend after the holiday. On the day itself, since it is not a day off this year, I will likely get her flowers and a card, and she'll make a special dinner with candy and a card at each table setting - one each for the kids and one for me.

(My card always include a "coupon" for some wish of my choice. What will it be? What will... it... be?)

Most Helpful Girl

• We always get something but we don’t go out for a meal. Although we aren’t overly picky eaters at valentines and Christmas everyone does weird menus which we both hate. We prefer to opt for a film and pizza in bed.

What Guys Said 36

• i don't have an individual to spend valentine with so the saves me efforts to spending my resources on it , although i think i will make a digital gift card was my special love of cryptocurrency and specifically bitcoin, since it helped me find the highest insight and a special card of IGNIS , which is ardor's child

• I'll be single for Valentine's day this year. but from past experience, the best one I had was when the girl made a surprise picnic for us at the park. no expensive gifts, just quite time with the one you love. it was great

• I've been talking with this one girl for a month now and things have been looking pretty good. I'm tempted to get her a small heart- shaped pizza (I work part-time in a pizzeria). Anyone think this is a decent idea?

• I've been casually dating a girl for a month. Sex, romantic non sex dates.. everything except the official label.

Im nervous because things are good between us but Idkbif I should get her chocolates or not. I mean.. we are official. Until we are official I feel very insecure about a date on Vday.

Anyone have advice?

• Get the chocolates. If she gets a gift, awesome, if she doesn’t, free chocolates

• @Hidden_P Yeah. I think you are right. Thanks for your great advice!

• Anytime love

• After a long day at work i have only a valentines day themed porn to watch and cuddle with my body pillow lady. 💕

It's still much better than doing nothing or spending much money because it's Valentine's day.

• Yes! I'll but an oregano seasoning for the love of my life. This is my valentine-

• I want to get her one but I can’t since she’s not here and I want to give it to her in person 😔 but other than that Valentine’s Day is still boring for me and lonely even though I have a girl

• Yes! She will be having me as the man that stands by her and adore her till i die.

• This is the only gift I could conceive receiving this year

• Yeah I am although its a first for me so I have no idea if my gift and card combo is right...#freakingout

• Probably going to get my wife flowers, dinner at a Japanese steakhouse, and some wine. Good times for sure.

• I think I'll go out and get me a box of chocolate and make sure I enjoy myself. I'll be single... again.

• I'm old and fat and ugly, I'll never find anyone to love me, I'll be all alone and miserable for the rest of my life.

• Yes.
    A card and chocolates for my girlfriend, and a small box for each of her kids

• i don't have a valentine, but i would by something maybe not too expensive

• Valentine is another commercialized fake holiday that companies and corporations make money of.

• Shauna Omg you have a bf?
    Jeez, you played with my emotions, I'm gonna sue you in court.

• Most of the people in here are singles.(including me)
    Lol

• Same gift as always, a pair of gloves, 'cause my special one is my right hand.

• :'( I guess I'll buy myself a decent wine.

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 26

• No, my boyfriend and I never celebrate Valentine's Day or get each other gifts. He almost always has to work on that day, and he works the late afternoon/night shift so we can't even have dinner together. Lol Valentine's Day is not a big deal to me though so I don't really care.

• Nah, probably not. I don't really like Valentine's day. If we're going to celebrate something, I'd prefer it if we focused on holidays that actually matter. I also don't see why I'd need a day as an excuse to be nice/spoil my partner when I can do that pretty much every day anyways.

• I dislike Valentine’s Day very strongly. The one good V-Day that I had was spoiled when a child chased me down to give me a rose (which I’m allergic to) and I had to terrify her into giving it to someone else (this was after she had already given me one, which I then gave away because allergies).

At most, I would make dinner.

• I've never been into Valentines Day even when I was single. My boyfriend hates it too. Too commercialised. At most we'll send an e-card or say happy V-Day.

• I kinda see it as another way for businesses to sell things and make more money.
    We'd rather make our own romance anytime.

Although I think it's a great opportunity for singles to mingle

• Nothing this year! Maybe I’ll just buy myself loads of chocolate 🍫 and watch romantic movies all day while crying. 😢😢 lol.

• We do not cekebrate. Tbh lt is too commercialised. Too much crowded everywhere. Impossible to have fun. If we did celebrate we would go to cottage kind a house at a mountain. Silence and peace.

• I’m probably going to make his favorite foods (and brownies). Other than that we usually don’t do gifts.

• I'm single for 18 years straight. I guess I'll get myself some chocolates because I FUCKING love myself.

• A present from myself to myself
    Flowers, romantic dinner and the whole package ;)

• My fiance won't get anything because my birthday is the day before and hid id the week after.

• I'm having some rude pictures taken tomorrow and will ready before the day to give to my husband.

• I will get myself something. haven't decided what though.

• Yea I have something planned for my girl, and something for my friends with benefits as well.

• Solid maybe. I don't really like people buying me stuff.

• I have one for him, but have no way to give it to him lol.
    Got scheduled for WORK lmao fml

• Yes my hus band is getting me something and ill be a bad wife if I don't get him anything

• C... 😔

• Look at it this way, at least you get to save a bit of money for yourself 😂

• @Flower-petal I intend on giving you the gift that keeps on giving. A sexually transmitted disease. Who says that romance is dead!

• @ShaunaM95 true! Lol @InfoBot ummm thanks lmfao 😂

• Yea, I think so.

• I don't have one.

• More from Girls
    6