#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Should Valentine's Day be celebrated?

Many people argue that "valentine day is a hallmark holiday" . Do you think it is worth celebrating?
  • Yes, Valentine's day should be celebrated
  • No, Valentine's day should not be celebrated

1611

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong with celebrating Valentine's, but it depends on how it's celebrated. In theory, it's a holiday about loving and appreciating your partner, and it's supposed to go both ways between men and women. In reality, though it's about men going out of their way to spend money and do sweet things for their girlfriends/fiancees/wives, and usually getting nothing in return. The only things a woman seems to do for her man on Valentine's are fucking him a little bit better than usual (wearing new, pretty lingerie that HE probably bought in the first place), and maybe cooking him a nice dinner. It's ridiculous how one-sided it is.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't disagree with the concept, I just dislike how consumer focused the holiday has become. It's all about hearts and cholocates and bears and flowers and cards and everything red and pink that we can sell to you for a markup price for two weeks. It's pretty exploitative and overall unhealthy for what the concept of what Valentine's Day should be.

What Girls Said 15

• I've personally never been into it, even as a single person. I think it's just something society has created as a marketing strategy to cash in. I don't think there should be a special day or holiday where you show your love and appreciation for the person you with, you should make them feel special everyday, however I will still be celebrating it since my boyfriend wanted to.

• I like celebrating it, even when I wasn’t interested in relationships. I could appreciate my friends and wear head boppers. It’s an appreciation day for people you love, even if it’s not romantic or sexual love.

• It worth been celebrate just stay away from the marketing

• yeah cuz its fun.
    if you don't like it, then dont celebrate it.
    but dont ruin it for the rest of us

• I voted no not because I don't have a boy/girlfriend but it's just an ordinary day like any other. And you can do something special for your love ones everyday

• Yes. I like having a special day where we both can show some extra love.

• You can do it, but I personally find it unnecessary.

• Doesn't matter to me lol. People can do what they want

• Yes, I think it's a really wonderful holiday, but not necessarily the way most people celebrate it..

• YES!! 😊👍🏻💖

• If you want

• To each their own

• Honestly love day iseveryday

• I don’t really put certain dates on showing that you care or love someone. My perfect valentines gift actually happened yesterday. I couldn’t stop smiling and now start to trust him again.

What Guys Said 10