#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Do people know the TRUE story of valentines day?

413

Most Helpful Guy

• Its the day about black people... And.. Some ship... And some journey... I think?

Something like the pirates of the carribeans but.. There were slaves.! And...

Nope.. No I don't know the true story... Lol

• It has nothing to do with black people๐Ÿ˜‚

Its the ancient Romes ho started it, you can search it up ^^

• Nope hell no

• Hahaha.. I bet.. I wouldn't want that either from a woman. It wouldn't be... Romantic.. Or.. Passionate.. That's the only thing that works with me.. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you mean when they used to sacrifice animals for gods? I don't really know much about the origin, since Valentine's day isn't really celebrated here. But I have a guess it started in like ancient Rome and it was mostly about men. Because that's what like every holiday was originally about.

• Valentine is a day where executions happened, women were mostly included even the name is from a man called St Valentine...

You can search it up, there are lot of places were you can read the story from ^^

What Guys Said 12

• I don't. Was not listening when, the teacher was telling.

• If you want to know, you can search it up^^

Just wanna tell that it is a lot different from why 'we' celebrate it and the reason behind it...

• Yeah sure, I'll check it out soon.

• Yes. Al Capone ordered the assassination of 7 of his rivals. Hence "Seven Bloody Hearts". I win!

• Well I'm not people so...

• Don't think so

• If you want to know ^^, you can search it up. And before you do that I just want to say it's not "cupcakes and rainbows" kinda story its pretty bloody

• Nope. But i m interested.
    Lemme know

• Valentine's Day is a time to celebrate romance and love. But the origins of this festival is dark, bloody and a bit muddled...

Its actually from the ancient Rome, you can search up the story in youtube or just search it up anywhere and you will find it out ^^

( by the way the name Valentine come from a man named St Valentine)

• Okay thanks Noora ๐Ÿ˜˜.

• You're welcome๐Ÿ’œ

• I think no

• You can search it up if you would like to know, just want to say it's really different from the way we celebrate valentines day and why we do it...

• Seemes you do! Tell us :D

• It's pretty long๐Ÿ˜…

But you can search it up, just want to say one thing before you do that, the real story is not lovely

• I'm not mad ๐Ÿ˜‚

And by the way if I would celebrate valentines day I would do it with my friends and family...

It's not only for couples

• Nope

• Valentine's day was a bloody day, and it has nothing to do with love...

You can search it up, there are a lot places you can read the true story about valentines day, and why it is specifically that day ^^

• Aah okay, thanks for telling..

• You're welcome

• I think it has something to do with St. Valentino

• I do now, thanks

• Know I

• nope

What Girls Said 3

• A guy called St Valentine I think... Did he end up in jail or something? And the love of his life sent him love letters? Don't remember exactly

• That's the sweet version^^ just like any Disney princess has this amazing story but when you get to learn the truth its actually not "cupcake and rainbows"

The origin of the valentines day is actually dark, bloody and a bit muddled.

• Ohhh.. ๐Ÿคฃ

• :o :o :o

• Yes.