#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

What is a great valentine date idea for a young married couple with a 8 month old baby?

Specifics: big box Chocolate may not be the best idea since my hubby is very chubby and wants to work on weight loss.
We live in a cold climate with snow and ice.

174

Most Helpful Girl

• Snow shoe-ing?
    I hear it’s a great way to burn calories, and you might help him discover something he really loves that’s healthy, and that he could do until the snow thaws to encourage him to be outdoors (sounds like something parents tell kids, but being outdoors is very fun to some people)
    Maybe skiing? If you’ve never gone together it could be a lovely, kinda funny activity that still wouldn’t make your hubby feel self conscious about his weight like eating could. Hope this works out!!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

What Guys Said 4

• gift card... if someone has a baby a gift card is probably the best gift ever lol

• First one as a family. a reindeer sleigh ride with some great photos. If you are around Scandinavia

• Get a babysitter, get naked and melt snow and ice !!

• Nice home cooked meal for each other.

What Girls Said 16

• Do a little something on Valentine's night, but get a babysitter for Saturday and go get a Hotel. Take sexy lingerie, lube, sex toys, whips, chains, booze - whatever TOTALLY ADULT stuff you can think of, and sleep like the dead when you're done playing. Just un-baby yourselves for 24 hours. Or even just a few hours if you can.

(Pro-tip: pre-pump and store if you're still breastfeeding.)

• Birth control!

No I kid. Something done at home where you can look after your kid, or book a relaxing day out, no stress from the kid with a reliably babysitter. Whether that’s a spa day as someone suggested, or doing something you used to do when dating early on (I dunno, ice skating?). Not everyone is an indoor person

• Why not go sledding (toboggan?) lol I don't live in the cold but wish I did, sliding down a hill looks like fun.

Ice skating.

Dinner and a movie fancy place (they usually make you have reservations and you have to be a certain age bc alcohol is served)

A comedy club or singing bar is good too, you get food and entertainment.

A play. You can grab a bite before or after.

Cirque de Soleil

• Imagination theme.- turn your home into a fantasy utopia. This means spa day at home. Baths and candles. Roses all over the home. Romantic candle dinner and an old romantic movie like gone with the wind or a recent romantic comedy. Rose wine chocolate based desert and then a bedroom dessert to finish off a great romantic evening. Cool!

• Staying in is probably the best option considering the baby. You could have yourself a romantic evening in the house, like champagne in the bathtub, a fancy home cooked dinner, sensual massages etc.

• Are you crafty at all? You could maybe make him something, try looking at Pinterest.

• A great film, pack of Corona's and pizza! Honestly that would be the key to my heart! 😂

• Cook a nice dinner for two and finish it with a nice movie.

• If possible have a snow day... Build a snow fort, do a snow fight... That kind of stuff.

• Get a babysitter and take her out that would be a nice change

• Home cooked meal good movie when you put the baby down that is when your Valentine starts, enjoy!

• Arrange a baby sitter!

• Chuck E Cheese

• Dinner, movie, cuddle.

• For me, time and love are always over material things.

So you are going to stay with your baby, right?
    I would go for some calm time together. Maybe some movies marathon, some karaoke... Depends also what you two like to do. But really, just be for yourselves this day and do something that always makes you two laugh and happy.

• A spa day. Massage, facials, Jacuzzi, etc.